What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
I can't decide if one chocolate chip cookie will ruin my dinner or just be my dinner...either way, I'm eating it!:rolleyes:

:yum: Remarkable restraint!

I was faced with 2 Cadbury caramel eggs in the fridge. I had one for lunch. Now there is but one. Who knows what will happen.

How early in the fall?

The AC was shut off on September 13th ad we had 20 more days where the temp was in the high 70s and into the 80s. A lot of the residents spend the night outside because their apartments were so hot and they couldn't breath. When the present law was written Indian Summer was not taken into consideration. And global warming was not an issue. This year again, the AC will not be turned on until June 15th. We are already having days where the temps are in the high 70s and low 80s. We need a separate law for buildings that have been designated "Elderly Housing." Our needs are different from the rest of the population. We have folks with COPD, and other breathing problems. And we are not allowed to have window ACs. It gets complicated. The buildings that have been converted into elerly housing are designated historical buildings. So changing the windows to accomadate window ACs is not allowed. The present law has become a serious health issue for the elderly.

The politicians know that there are now more elderly living in this city than younger folks. And as a block, we never miss an election. If you want to be reelected, you will curry our vote and listen to us. :)

For shame on those of you with little resistance to temptation. You are not allowed to bring forbidden foods into the house again. :ohmy:

I just got off the elliptical machine, felt pretty good. All this talk of eating health & losing weight got me motivated.

Easter is coming along with The Peeps. It is a tradition of mine to buy a package of four Peeps and eat them immediately. This tradition now has spread to Halloween, Christmas and any other holiday when Peeps are available. I cannot wait until I get home and eat them one at a time, saving the rest for later. As soon as I leave the store, I am opening the package and eating them as fast as I can. I know. I m a diabetic and am being bad. I don't care. I love my PEEPS!:cool:

i love my peeps too, and i wonder why. is it because they're so yellow or squishy or so unapologetically and grainily sugary sweet? or am i just getting off on eating baby chicks?

i love my peeps too, and i wonder why. is it because they're so yellow or squishy or so unapologetically and grainily sugary sweet? or am i just getting off on eating baby chicks?

All of the above. :yum: No apology needed. We just love Peeps!!:yum::yum:

So I am sitting here listening to the morning news. All stores in Massachusetts except one will no longer be selling ground beef with pink slime due to the public outcry. The holdout? Walmart. But they will offer an alternative ground meet that doesn't have the pink slime. How nice of them. Think they will label the packages that do have the pink slime?:(

Getting ready to finalize our 2011 income tax returns which I began preparing, in earnest, 10 days ago. :mad:

During the years I was working, I filed my taxes the day I got my W2 forms. And when you could file them on line, I was in heaven. I had my refund in less than seven days. :ermm:

Yeah, I have to get mine done. I feel more comfortable having someone else do them.

So far this morning, I'm up really early, as usual. I have taken care of the cat (fed and litter box), got cleaned up a little bit, made lunch and did a few dishes.

Yeah, I have to get mine done. I feel more comfortable having someone else do them.

So far this morning, I'm up really early, as usual. I have taken care of the cat (fed and litter box), got cleaned up a little bit, made lunch and did a few dishes.
Been doing our own for over 50 years. Seems that they've become more painful every year for the last 20 years.

Almost on vacation...today and tomorrow to go. Tomorrow should be a short day, 4 hours. Found out this morning my Best friend had a fall and fractured her shoulder...it's possible I'll be going to Indiana instead of Kalispell or Whitefish.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Funny how life has so many unexpected twists & turns to it.

Just sitting here relaxing with a nice cool breeze coming through the back deck door. I should be out there exercising but this ole chair feels pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom