What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What the heck happened to today? Where did it go?

Didn't do much today other than cook some stuff and go for a walk. Now it's almost time for news and SNL.

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins, Carrot Muffins with Cream Cheese Icing, Ginger Cookies with Lemon Icing and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. I decided since it was a holiday weekend (and my blood draws were yesterday) that I would just eat whatever. Take 2 Metformin and call the doctor in the morning...:angel:

What the heck happened to today? Where did it go?

Didn't do much today other than cook some stuff and go for a walk. Now it's almost time for news and SNL.

That's what I said. I went to the church this morning to drop off some food for the food bank. Then I cam home. Son #1 showed up, did some chores for me. I settled down to watch some TV. The next thng I know it is 9 p.m. Now it is time for the news. Where the heck did the day go? I had some great plans for today and got nothing done. I have some laundry that needs folding. I can do that sitting down. :)

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins, Carrot Muffins with Cream Cheese Icing, Ginger Cookies with Lemon Icing and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. I decided since it was a holiday weekend (and my blood draws were yesterday) that I would just eat whatever. Take 2 Metformin and call the doctor in the morning...:angel:

I know that feeling I have to go to my daughter's for dinner tomorrow. I hope I can eat something. The doctor has taken me off glipizide all together. Since I am not eating, he doesn't want me on it until we get this problem solved. But I think I found the answer. This has happened twice before. Librbrax solved the problem. My stomach just won't take any food. This has been going on since I had the Norovirus attack. Just like before. I was sick and once I felt better, I couldn't eat. My sugars are way too low. It is a good thing I have orange juice on hand. My A1c was 6.2. All my numbers are pefect. It is this eaing disorder that has me worried. The doctor used the word "anorexic" and it scared the living daylights out of me.

Happy Easter everyone. Here's hoping the Easter Bunny brings you lots of eating goodies.

We had a nice Easter weekend. With dh's mother's passing this past month we decided to rent a nearby lodge in the area for everyone to get together. We brought the turkey, ham & mashed potatoes/gravy, then everyone brought something. It was a good feeling to get everyone together. Then, we drove up to my mom's & spent the night, nice to see 1 of my brothers & 1 sister. We got back home about 4:00 p.m. Bucked the strong winds all the way home on the interstate. Slept for 3 hours, felt pretty good. Ordered calzones for supper. It's about time to get to bed to get back to the regular grind, early, tomorrow morning.

simonbaker said:
We had a nice Easter weekend. With dh's mother's passing this past month we decided to rent a nearby lodge in the area for everyone to get together. We brought the turkey, ham & mashed potatoes/gravy, then everyone brought something. It was a good feeling to get everyone together. Then, we drove up to my mom's & spent the night, nice to see 1 of my brothers & 1 sister. We got back home about 4:00 p.m. Bucked the strong winds all the way home on the interstate. Slept for 3 hours, felt pretty good. Ordered calzones for supper. It's about time to get to bed to get back to the regular grind, early, tomorrow morning.

So glad you had some time to relax and enjoy family, SB!

Our family has done that a couple of times. The whole fam damily. Right down to the smallest baby. Only we had it catered. We rented a hall and a DJ. The only thing missing was beds for everyone to take a nap after eating too much.

Then one summer we had a family BBQ and the pool lost a lot of water from all the splashing. Then last summer all my kids and their kids got together at my daughter's house for a BBQ and swimming in the pool. It is a nice feeling when the family is all together. :)

I am in hyper multi-tasking mode. I need to get the pot roast for tomorrow's meal ready in the crock and in the fridge so I can start it tomorrow before I go to my class, and have the veggies and instructions ready for DH when he gets up (he will eat it for lunch and then leave it for me for dinner.

I also need to make his sandwiches and snacks for work as I won't be home before he leaves, and make some "everything free" muffins for breakfast.

I have to do two laundry transfers and hang up the non-dryer clothes, empty and refill the dishwasher, have the garbage ready for when DH gets home and will take it out, and finish my homework.

It is 7:44 and I have to be in bed by 9:30 :wacko:

And I wonder why I have to go to a pain clinic :LOL:

Oh, I almost forgot! I have to get out my Canuck flags and go put the first one on my car. Stanley Cup here we come!

Last edited:
Working on the Chili Challenge, writing up my lists and composing a post. Watching "listening" to The Voice. Tonight The Voice has been fairly underwhelming with only two notable vocals thus far.

Just finished watching the Red Sox win their first of the season.

Looking forward to the Boston Bruins REPEATING as Stanley Cup Champions.

Finally finished cleaning up the rental we moved out of, waiting to hear back from the real estate to see if it's up to 'their' standards. It better be, worked my fingers to the bone, ok so mayb not the bone but I have cuts on my poor fingers!

But was worried about our new place having a ceramic cooktop not gas as iv never used that and have always sworn by gas but I was pleasantly surprised. Have only cooked spag Bol so far but still happy :) yay me

Hope everyone is well :)

Just got done at work. It feels good sitting in the recliner for awhile . I need to figure out what to make for supper. I have some hamburger out, any ideas?

I'll be heading off to supper with a client at a Greek restaurant. Limited resto choices, since he is a vegetarian and I don't like most vegetarian restos.

Just got done at work. It feels good sitting in the recliner for awhile . I need to figure out what to make for supper. I have some hamburger out, any ideas?

I'll take this as a challenge. Whip up some mashed potatoes, real or instant, doesn't matter.
Salt the baking pan, put down some burgers, top with a slice or piece of cheese, surround and top with mash potatoes, bake until the potatoes get a little crust on them. 10 minutes before taking out of the oven, top with ketchup.
Hamburger top hats.
I don't know why they are so good, I just know they ARE so good.

I'll take this as a challenge. Whip up some mashed potatoes, real or instant, doesn't matter.
Salt the baking pan, put down some burgers, top with a slice or piece of cheese, surround and top with mash potatoes, bake until the potatoes get a little crust on them. 10 minutes before taking out of the oven, top with ketchup.
Hamburger top hats.
I don't know why they are so good, I just know they ARE so good.
Thanks! Great idea..sounds like supper to me.

Just finished off my taxes and filed electronically.

Boy do I HATE!!! :mad::mad::mad: doing taxes.

I have yet to do mine YET!!! The thing is.....my taxes pay for my freedom, freedom to own land and a house, freedom to work where I want, if I could find a job, freedom to bear fire arms, if I had any, and most importantly, FREE SPEEC.....h
shush little one, you haven't paid your taxes yet!:LOL:

I have yet to do mine YET!!! The thing is.....my taxes pay for my freedom, freedom to own land and a house, freedom to work where I want, if I could find a job, freedom to bear fire arms, if I had any, and most importantly, FREE SPEEC.....h
shush little one, you haven't paid your taxes yet!:LOL:
Wow my big brother is so attentive.

...my taxes pay for my freedom, freedom to own land and a house, freedom to work where I want, if I could find a job, freedom to bear fire arms, if I had any, and most importantly, FREE SPEEC.....h...

I agree. I understand I have to pay taxes. That's not the issue. I just don't like preparing the tax returns.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom