What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eating too much is mandatory at Chinese Buffets:pig:. You did what you were supposed to do.

Hockey playoffs started tonight. I usually watch for a week or two until the weather gets nice, or the Canadian teams all get beat out. Whatever comes first.

Boston is in overtime. I get too nervous watching it. I just go back every few minutes to check the score. :ermm:

I should have mowed the lawn today but the rain came before I could get to it. Maybe tomorrow.....

I have just woke up from an unplanned nap. Guess I'm not going to get much done today.

Had one myself. Must be something floating around in the Mother Ship.

It's been one hectic month here. I've just been beat.
Plan on taking one tomorrow to. It's going to be our 23rd Wedding Anniversary. I'll be up early making hubby something nice for dinner.

Chef Munky said:

Plan on taking one tomorrow to. It's going to be our 23rd Wedding Anniversary. I'll be up early making hubby something nice for dinner.

Happy anniversary, Munky and spouse of Munky! :flowers:

Happy anniversary, Munky and spouse of Munky! :flowers:

Thank you. :yum: I can't help but laugh about the day.
Of all days to pick we just had to pick TAX DAY!.. Oh you bet the Man's been paying the Piper every year. In more ways than one. I'll always be his best deduction. :LOL:

Happy Anniversary Munky and Munky-Man!!

We are doing a bike ride tomorrow, I sure hope it doesn't rain. But, if it does, I have fenders on my bike now!!!:ROFLMAO:

@ Good Morning Addie,

I wanted to mention that a Chef by the name of Fernando Del Cerro, who has One Michelin Star ( Casa José in Aranjuez, Madrid, Spain ) told me at an interview: " COOKING IS NOT A DEFINED SCIENCE AS YOU CAN ADD A BIT OF THIS AND THAT, HOWEVER, BAKING IS A SCIENCE FOR ONE MUST BE EXACT " ...

Thanks for sharing your lovely anecdote ... I believe in Culinary Courses for the basic techniques and Le Cordon Bleu truly has short term excellent courses A to Z on all types of cuisines, baking and culinary techniques ...

One can be a fab cook, and a lousey baker or vice versa !

Kindest.
Have nice wkend.,
Margi.

Getting ready to do some shopping. I need to pick up some ink cartridges & a heavier copy paper to run off the menus.

Back from running around and the bike ride...it started raining as soon as we were two miles from home. Best rain dance ever, just get on the bike.

Found a "decent" knife set for the boss, she is not a cook, but needed some knives. I checked Goodwill and there was nothing there I would have even thought of buying. So, I went to BB&B and got her a 15 pc, set.

Back from running around and the bike ride...it started raining as soon as we were two miles from home. Best rain dance ever, just get on the bike.

Found a "decent" knife set for the boss, she is not a cook, but needed some knives. I checked Goodwill and there was nothing there I would have even thought of buying. So, I went to BB&B and got her a 15 pc, set.

Make sure she gives you a penny or in this case fifteen otherwise the gift of a knife may sever your relationship! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The knives will be paid for...she gave me the money to buy knives for her. She's just getting more than she thought she would.:)

I'm sitting here being flabbergasted. I was just informed that I have been nominated for a "Best Costume Design" award for a costume I designed for an area theatre production. I was asked last year to help them out with a particularly unusual costume and apparently I delivered what they wanted.

The awards function is May 5th at the theatre. It's their equivalent of the Academy Awards. I don't think I have a prayer of winning but it is nice to be nominated.

I'd forgotten all about making the costume.

Picked up a nice roast beef at the store, plans to throw it on the grill later for supper. I still have'nt got that lawn mowed....

I'm sitting here being flabbergasted. I was just informed that I have been nominated for a "Best Costume Design" award for a costume I designed for an area theatre production. I was asked last year to help them out with a particularly unusual costume and apparently I delivered what they wanted.

The awards function is May 5th at the theatre. It's their equivalent of the Academy Awards. I don't think I have a prayer of winning but it is nice to be nominated.

Congrats, Katie! That sounds like fun!

Taking a break for a few minutes.
I've been cleaning at setting up the patio & fire pit for tonight. Hubby has to work today. Had our Anniversary dinner the other night. So a drink by the pit and a quiet evening is the plan. I'm going to pay my kids to get out of the house for a while tonight. It's been gorgeous out all day. Hopefully the wind will keep away or at least down enough to be cool!
Ok, breaks over need to get my lanterns dusted & put back up.:LOL:

Congratulations Katie! :yum:
That must have been some costume you made. Did you get pictures of it, before and in use of it?
I'd love to see that.

Found out recently that our big art museum also has a huge art park as well. I've lived in this neighborhood for quite a while and didn't know that this park existed. We did the 2 mile hike, there is another one that is 2.5 miles, and a short one, that is one mile.

Beautiful day with great breeze.

Back
Top Bottom