What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just got back from a fantastic vacation on marco island, florida. the weather was great, the food was great, and the fishing was even better.

pics to follow when i upload the camera.

we were so impressed by the island that dw convinced me to get my resume together and look for jobs in sw florida. i know it'll be a huge change, but what the heck. i can always fly to see my family and for snow vacations. it'll all come down to salary, most likely.

just got back from a fantastic vacation on marco island, florida. the weather was great, the food was great, and the fishing was even better.

we were so impressed by the island that dw convinced me to get my resume together and look for jobs in sw florida. i know it'll be a huge change, but what the heck. i can always fly to see my family and for snow vacations. it'll all come down to salary, most likely.

Welcome back BT...you do know about what happens during spring training to hockey players in warmer climes, right?

Welcome back, BT! Can't wait to see the pics. What kind of fishing did you get into?

Got out this morning to shoot the final flight for this behemoth. Got goose bumps watching it

6941449044_1e04b4853d_b.jpg

7087532325_f1b9ff4bb2_b.jpg

6941461272_aa1ff5a7bd_b.jpg

6941461378_453fa49149_b.jpg

you can view the full set here:
Flickr: tattratt2000's Photostream

Wow. Bye, Discovery space station. Welcome to the Smithsonian.

Great pics, Tat! Thanks!

Last edited:
buckytom said:

Old HS/college haunt. Glad you had a great time, BT!

I am sitting here at the 'puter and listening to the TV in the background. Every so often I get up to stretch and do a little cleaning. There are only a few pieces of silver in the sink. Not worth wasting hot water on. They can wait until I get more to add to them. Again, I have to empty the waste baskets.

I noticed again they changed one of my pills. I wish they would tell me when they do this. It took me a half hour to find the one I was looking for on the net. After having two episodes with this pharmacy, one that almost killed me, I get very nervous when they make a change. I have a ritual that I have to go through every day checking the name of the pharmacist, and checking the pills against the list and pics I have down loaded and printed from the net. I definitely don't trust them. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice of pharmacies here. It is the one that goes with the Elderly Service Plan.

Every month they send me supplies that they think I will need. Right now I have 5,000 lancets. I keep telling them don't send me any more, but they still come. So they are going back this week. I haven't opened any of the boxes. And I don't care if they can't use them. Maybe they will get the message. I will call when I need something. Jeesh. :wacko:

I am sitting here at the 'puter and listening to the TV in the background. Every so often I get up to stretch and do a little cleaning. There are only a few pieces of silver in the sink. Not worth wasting hot water on. They can wait until I get more to add to them. Again, I have to empty the waste baskets.

I noticed again they changed one of my pills. I wish they would tell me when they do this. It took me a half hour to find the one I was looking for on the net. After having two episodes with this pharmacy, one that almost killed me, I get very nervous when they make a change. I have a ritual that I have to go through every day checking the name of the pharmacist, and checking the pills against the list and pics I have down loaded and printed from the net. I definitely don't trust them. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice of pharmacies here. It is the one that goes with the Elderly Service Plan.

Every month they send me supplies that they think I will need. Right now I have 5,000 lancets. I keep telling them don't send me any more, but they still come. So they are going back this week. I haven't opened any of the boxes. And I don't care if they can't use them. Maybe they will get the message. I will call when I need something. Jeesh. :wacko:

Same thing happened to me with insulin and needles...I wasn't using them, but they kept sending them. Luckily I had a friend whose mother could use them and she was paying out of pocket.

Same thing happened to me with insulin and needles...I wasn't using them, but they kept sending them. Luckily I had a friend whose mother could use them and she was paying out of pocket.

You gave me an idea. I should ask around the building if there is some one who is not in the program and is a diabetic if they could use them along with extra strips I have. Of course it will have to be the same glucometer. If I check my sugar five times a week, that is a lot for me. Some weeks I don't check it at all. So the strips are starting to build up also. Right now I have four boxes unopened with 200 strips in the four canisters. I know they must be doing a co-pay.

I can tell when my sugars are too high. I just don't feel right. And of course a low reading is obvious. :)

I just know that pharmacies will not take the stuff back. You can also offer it to homeless shelters.:)

I know that. I just want to make a point with them. But I just may send it over to the Pine Street Inn. It is a place where street people go at night. Or there is a place right here in my neighborhood. It for abused and homeless mothers with their children. Thanks for the thought. :)

Welcome back BT...you do know about what happens during spring training to hockey players in warmer climes, right?

lol, thanks princess. yes, i know, the same fate as horses on the polish water polo team. :)

my boy asked about hockey in florida when we talked about moving. i hope there's a rink in the fort myers or naples area. :mellow:

Welcome back, BT! Can't wait to see the pics. What kind of fishing did you get into?

thanks, tatt. we went backwater one day for mangrove snappers, and then went out another day deep sea fishing for shark, sheepshead, blue runners, and spanish mackerel. the mackerel were hitting like crazy. we hooked up a monster bull shark that the captain estimated around 10 feet or so before it snapped a 300lb. steel leader! :ohmy: i'm kinda glad we didn't bring it up to the boat, to be honest.

after the trip, the captain cleaned about 5 pounds of spanish mackerel for us which we took to a local restaurant to cook up for us. it was delicious.

we even rented a coupla rods and went surfcasting right outside the hotel every day. we caught a load of ladyfish, crevalle jacks, redfish, amber jacks, ballyhoo, and whitefish. it was really a great trip, which is why we're really considering moving. the problem's gonna be trying to find a six figure salary in paradise...

I'm waiting for someone to come from Swedish Auto and pick up my car. With luck they will bring me one I can borrow.

I'm trying to work on tax returns while I wait.

Finishing the cleaning up (polishing and deburring) of a newly purchased 16" Weston brand stainless steel butcher saw. The saw frame was so coarsely finished that the burrs would have torn any cleaning or drying cloths. Also cleaned up a 1" x 16" non stainless spare blade. Took about 15 hours to remove all the blemishes and foreign substances from this US priced, made in China item.

Finishing the cleaning up (polishing and deburring) of a newly purchased 16" Weston brand stainless steel butcher saw. The saw frame was so coarsely finished that the burrs would have torn any cleaning or drying cloths. Also cleaned up a 1" x 16" non stainless spare blade. Took about 15 hours to remove all the blemishes and foreign substances from this US priced, made in China item.
Well that's a bummer that you have to put in all that time and effort when you paid "US prices".

Back
Top Bottom