What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm done, got the mini pie recipes sorted into sweet and savory and posted in their own threads. I hope this is a good solution for everyone. But, I wasn't able to do it the way I wanted, so I had to do a work around.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/savory-mini-pies-tips-ideas-and-recipes-79084-3.html
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/sweet-mini-pies-tips-ideas-and-recipes-79085.html

You take me too seriously sometimes, Princess! I was punning you! :cool:

I am on pins and needles - do or die game # 2 is tied 1-1 with 5 minutes left in regulation time and the ice seems to be tilted to our end unfortunately. :ohmy:

You take me too seriously sometimes, Princess! I was punning you! :cool:

I am on pins and needles - do or die game # 2 is tied 1-1 with 5 minutes left in regulation time and the ice seems to be tilted to our end unfortunately. :ohmy:

Sorry, I think my brain is shorted out...:wacko:

Okay, I can hang up the flags, jersey and white towels for another year. But I still love my Canucks - there's always next year! :)

Just got home from the dentist. They had to pull my painful tooth. Looks like soup for supper tonight.

simonbaker said:
Just got home from the dentist. They had to pull my painful tooth. Looks like soup for supper tonight.

Hope you feel better soon, SB! Sounds like your tooth was in pretty bad shape.

Thank you both! Bottom right broken off on the inside. Luckily he got it all out in 1 piece, he was alittle concerned. Sorry....probaly a little information overload:)

simonbaker said:
Thank you both! Bottom right broken off on the inside. Luckily he got it all out in 1 piece, he was alittle concerned. Sorry....probaly a little information overload:)

Ouch! Hope he gave you painkillers!

So sorry to hear, of the pain. Is there something they will do to replace that tooth? I'm asking because I've got one like that, and I'm worried.

I had a wisdom tooth taken out and it had a hook on the root. They didn't get the hook out, and a few weeks later it started coming out the side gums. It was not fun nor pretty. Be thankful they got it all out.

So sorry to hear, of the pain. Is there something they will do to replace that tooth? I'm asking because I've got one like that, and I'm worried.

I had a wisdom tooth taken out and it had a hook on the root. They didn't get the hook out, and a few weeks later it started coming out the side gums. It was not fun nor pretty. Be thankful they got it all out.

I am glad to have it finally done. I do not think i will try to go for a replacement. A "partial" would be an option. Not sure I want to put the $ into it. i figure eventually my back gums will toughen up.

I am glad to have it finally done. I do not think i will try to go for a replacement. A "partial" would be an option. Not sure I want to put the $ into it. i figure eventually my back gums will toughen up.
Bummer that you had to have it pulled.

Is there a matching tooth above or below it? If, so, the lack of that tooth will cause problems for its "mate". Teeth need to have pressure from other teeth. I learned this the hard way.

I do have one above it. What do you mean? What did you learn the hard way?
Teeth need the daily pressure from chewing against another tooth. If they don't get it, the bone that is holding in the tooth will start to vanish.

The tooth that lost its "mate" started to "lift" and eventually fell out due to bone loss.

Ask your dentist. I have no idea what the best solution might be, but do talk to your dentist about this.

Teeth need the daily pressure from chewing against another tooth. If they don't get it, the bone that is holding in the tooth will start to vanish.

The tooth that lost its "mate" started to "lift" and eventually fell out due to bone loss.

Ask your dentist. I have no idea what the best solution might be, but do talk to your dentist about this.

Thanks for the info. I will ask the dentist about it. I have always had a real fear of dentists since childhood that I have had a difficult time overcoming. Bad past experiences from childhood. I grew up in a family of 9 kids. Did not grow up with alot of money. Once year we all got lined up to go to the dentist. Being very frugal we never got novacane. It was well water on the farm so lots of cavaties for everyone. Therefore, it has to hurt pretty bad before I will commit to going to the dentist. The older I am getting I know I really need to get over it.

Thanks for the info. I will ask the dentist about it. I have always had a real fear of dentists since childhood that I have had a difficult time overcoming. Bad past experiences from childhood. I grew up in a family of 9 kids. Did not grow up with alot of money. Once year we all got lined up to go to the dentist. Being very frugal we never got novacane. It was well water on the farm so lots of cavaties for everyone. Therefore, it has to hurt pretty bad before I will commit to going to the dentist. The older I am getting I know I really need to get over it.

I absolutely 'get you'. I was in a family of 4, mom didn't have a driver's license so we went when dad could drive us there. We didn't have money. At 9 years of age this 'jaw's dentist', drilled directly into the root of my tooth, I think he enjoyed it. I screamed in pain, my dad did nothing. He said there were NUNS IN THE WAITING ROOM AND DIDN'T WANT TO UPSET THEM.
Well now, 40 years later, I have metal fillings falling out, and it's excruciating. I Guess the warranty on those fillings ran out.
This is LIKE the look of my dentist.
scaled.php

I need a better dentist. Apparently!

Back
Top Bottom