What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am off to the pool for my water walking. My knee is still swollen but the doctor said if I stick to straight forward walking at a normal pace I should be fine. Hopefully next week I can get in three times! :)
I managed to go an extra 4 lengths for a total of 400 meters. I took it slow and didn't do anything fancy, but still feel really good for doing it! I am trying to work this into something permanent in my schedule. It is one of the best cardio workouts I can do without putting extra pressure on my back and leg. The hot tub after isn't too bad either! :rolleyes:

We are going to a concert tonight so I have to work a nap into my day. My Dad said that the older we get the more like children we become. :ermm::LOL:

i hope the little guy is feeling better, joann.

we're getting ready for baseball team and individual pictures tonight.

my boy filled out the order form from the photographer and it totalled $120!!! :blink: :(

he wants 8x10s, baseball cards, game tickets, a bobble-head, and so on, all with his picture in his uniform.

i told him that i planted apple trees in the back yard, not money trees...

We went through that with my oldest grandchild. His father (Son #1) was president of the Little League and thought he got everything free. We found a compromise. I could have the 8x10 if I paid for it. His father bought the bobble head for his room, his mother paid for the tickets. If he could get a family member to pay for it, he could order it. He talked his aunt into paying for his pic on a Sports Illustrated cover. That was it. A few tears were shed, temper tantrum thrown and he almost ended up with nothing. He still has the bobble-head, I don't even know where my pic is, his aunt gave him the SI and it is framed and on the wall in his apartment, who knows what happened to the tickets. I think he passed them out for trading like baseball cards. He is now approaching his 40's. Today he is the owner and manager of a Semi-Pro baseball team. Partially financed by the Red Sox. His father still goes to evey one of his games.

He wanted to attend some college in Florida where you could major in baseball. His grades were dismal. Let's be honest. Totally failing. So in HS he played football. Got the winning touchdown for the Thanksgiving game in his senior year. But his first love has always been baseball. :)

I managed to go an extra 4 lengths for a total of 400 meters. I took it slow and didn't do anything fancy, but still feel really good for doing it! I am trying to work this into something permanent in my schedule. It is one of the best cardio workouts I can do without putting extra pressure on my back and leg. The hot tub after isn't too bad either! :rolleyes:

We are going to a concert tonight so I have to work a nap into my day. My Dad said that the older we get the more like children we become. :ermm::LOL:

ESP is going to sponsor me for the water excercise class. I will be going twice a week. Wednesday and Friday. And they will provide all transportation for me. The cost is only $30 a year. They will pay that for me through the PT Department. Now I have to buy a bathing suit. I saw two that I like. If I can stick to this, I will buy the second one. then I can be a fashionista!

I am surprised at how excited I am about this. :D

ESP is going to sponsor me for the water excercise class. I will be going twice a week. Wednesday and Friday. And they will provide all transportation for me. The cost is only $30 a year. They will pay that for me through the PT Department. Now I have to buy a bathing suit. I saw two that I like. If I can stick to this, I will buy the second one. then I can be a fashionista!

Oh, Addie, you just made my day! I am so glad you are going. And it IS something to be excited about because it is something you CAN do and it is something you do for YOU!

You go girl! :clap::punk::D

Thank you for telling us all about this. My Stirling has a knee that is often sore. This sounds like just the exercise he could use. Our doctor said that the knee would get better with stretching exercises, but neglected to tell him which ones to do. :rolleyes:

Thank you for telling us all about this. My Stirling has a knee that is often sore. This sounds like just the exercise he could use. Our doctor said that the knee would get better with stretching exercises, but neglected to tell him which ones to do. :rolleyes:
I have problems with some of even the most gentle of aquasize classes, but walking in the water at whatever depth is most comfortable, it great. You can start out at normal pace, then lengthen the stride, bring the knees up higher, do "cross country" strides and go backwards or sideways. Also you can get the arms going as well. Next week I am going to add the foam water dumbells from some arm strength.

I hope it helps him! :)

Oh, Addie, you just made my day! I am so glad you are going. And it IS something to be excited about because it is something you CAN do and it is something you do for YOU!

You go girl! :clap::punk::D

Thank you. I will have to start out really slow. I tend to get out of breath very quickly and have angina almost without effort. We are mostly concerned with building up the cardio part. My nitro spray will be in my hand all the time. And my Atrovent will be with me also. I have clearance from my cardio doc and my PCP. I am good to go. I am surprised at how excited I am at this new adventure. I know there are folks there that will help me and the ER is just around the corner should I need them. :)

I'm sitting here thanking God for Amazon's customer service. Have I mentioned how impressed I am by them? The short story is that once again I was having Kindle issues. I think we all know how panicky that makes me. :shock: Amazon reps (3 or 4 different guys) were amazingly patient through all my calls, chats and emails and things are now (hopefully) fixed, and a new non magnetic case is on its way to me.

The thing that amazes me is that they were willing to send me yet another new Kindle if mine had crapped out. These guys are hands down the BEST customer service I've ever received. And you know what, I have begun purchasing more from them as a result. I have made it a point to only shop in places where their customer service is good. Costco gets my vote and although some may disagree, Walmart is next up. Life is too short to have your BP go through the roof due to bad customer service.

yeah, wow, what's going on with the sawx, andy?
the yanks aren't much better this year so far. (but still better, he hee)

while at the baseball pictures tonight, which was a madhouse, i was appalled to hear a coach from another team (of 6 thru 8 year olds) trash talking our best pitcher, saying that he should be on their team instead of one that sucks. (my team happens to be mostly leftover and late entry kids because the primary coach was late the night of the sign-ups, and yes, they suck. but they have fun and don't know they suck, so i'm good with that).

i didn't say anything at the time, but this gordita bruja had better watch out come next week's coach's meeting.
:mad:
you don't disparage my kids and get away with it.
So what if they suck. They are little guys not pro's!!! They are having fun and enjoying the game and life. That guy needs his foot in his mouth. You can give him a piece of my mind BT. I'd be all innocent and find myself standing next to him talking to someone who has been clued in and say like an innocent kid. Geez we have such a great pitcher I'm so glad he isn't playing for those dumbo's or what ever name you want for them,you know what BT don't be a wiseacer like he is be yourself and let your boy and the others just enjoy baseball. They don't need that crap.
kades

The weather was glorious today so Glenn and I took a 3-hour motorcycle ride through the countryside and stopped at our favorite mom-and-pop Dairy Queen for some foot longs and ice cream. Our food was extra tasty because we enjoyed it on a picnic table under some huge oak trees. It was wonderful and I feel soooo refreshed.

The weather was glorious today so Glenn and I took a 3-hour motorcycle ride through the countryside and stopped at our favorite mom-and-pop Dairy Queen for some foot longs and ice cream. Our food was extra tasty because we enjoyed it on a picnic table under some huge oak trees. It was wonderful and I feel soooo refreshed.
Oh Katie how wonderful Gil and I had foot longs yesterday they taste so good. He went for a milkshake I had an ice tea then a soft small cone. Yum
Enjoy sweetie.
cj

Yay!!!! Have fun! So, the suit you picked is an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, right?:)

Feeling miserable. I was up until 3:30AM not sleeping and feeling rotten. I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been beaten up. Normally, I'd just veg all day and recover but sis and BIL are scheduled for dinner tonight. I guess I'll wait and see how I feel later.

just finished making pancakes with my daughter. She accidently put too much milk in, so I had to add more dry ingredients. Now, I have a huge batch left over. I guess its pancakes two days in a row....
Now, I am off to the dump. Gotta love rural living. The dump run...

Thanks guys. I'm starting to perk up. I took some Tylenol and coffee and a magic elixir that consists of mini eclairs SO brought home last night. Things are looking better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom