What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blissful said:
I cleaned out the top shelf of the pantry. I can only reach it standing on a chair so anything up there gets forgotten about.

I found more than 10 lbs of confectioners chocolate, mostly milk, some dark and some white. I have no idea what to do with it.

I don't know what to put up there. Right now it's less than half full of drink mixers, liqueurs, wine, and whiskey and spiced something. I put the cooking wine-burgundy near the front for when I cook with it. What can I put up there? What do you put on that shelf that is too high to reach without a chair?

I also put my paper towels on top of the cupboards, out of reach. Also my crock pot, an electric frying pan, wine glasses go on the top shelf, flour sifter, pressure cooker. Things that don't get used every day. Lucky for me, my 6'3 bf can reach up there for the heavy stuff, and I can hop up on the counter for the lighter stuff. I also have a little step stool for the top shelf in the cupboards, and for feeding the fish lol. I have a grabber/reached too that I never seem to use. I need a more convenient spot for it. Used to use it all the time when I lived with my parents.

I am sitting here playing on the 'puter and look at the clock. Good grief ! have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I should try to get some sleep, but I m wide awake. They are going to map my eyes tomorrow and the surgey on my left eye is June 14th. June is going to be a really busymonth fr me. Sonargrams o my stomach and neck, surgery, an who knows what else. I will get the full list tomorrow when I go to Winthrop. :huh:

I just finished making and decorating 2 dozen cupcakes to take for the last day of my pain management group. They are chocolate cake with piped peppermint buttercream and I made little mortar boards for the "students" and apples for the staff. I took pictures and as soon as I can figure how to upload from my new phone, I will post them!

It was fun to get back at it. :)

Now it is off to bed as it is 10:30 and 5:30 comes rather quickly! I can't believe this is the last day!

I just finished making and decorating 2 dozen cupcakes to take for the last day of my pain management group. They are chocolate cake with piped peppermint buttercream and I made little mortar boards for the "students" and apples for the staff. I took pictures and as soon as I can figure how to upload from my new phone, I will post them!

It was fun to get back at it. :)

Now it is off to bed as it is 10:30 and 5:30 comes rather quickly! I can't believe this is the last day!
Email them to yourself ;)

I am sitting here playing on the 'puter and look at the clock. Good grief ! have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I should try to get some sleep, but I m wide awake. They are going to map my eyes tomorrow and the surgey on my left eye is June 14th. June is going to be a really busymonth fr me. Sonargrams o my stomach and neck, surgery, an who knows what else. I will get the full list tomorrow when I go to Winthrop. :huh:
Addie, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know too well the overwhelming feeling of having more than one health matter going on at once. You are a strong lady and you have family and your DC family here to encourage you. Get a good rest.

Laurie:heart:

Thank you all for your well wishes. As you can tell by the time of this post, my effort to get some sleep isn't going to well. I did manage to doze for about 20 minutes. I am glad that all of this medical stuff is happening in June. That way I can enjoy the summer. Everything will be out of the way. I am not expecting for them to find anything drastically wrong. It is all more of a followup than anything else. Except for this eye thing. This is entirely new. :)

Waking up & keeping you in positive thoughts & prayers today addie.

I am having a lazy moment before I put on my shoes & head out the door to work. I am so glad tomorrow is friday.

Thank you. I am drressed. I have to go to Winthrop first. My appointment is this afternoon.

Enjoy your lazy moment. You deserve it. :)

Good luck with your check-up, Addie. At my doctor's appointment yesterday I found out that I'm shorter; I've always been 5'7" but now I'm 5'6". And I've been referred to an audiologist for the tinnitus. Actually I think the whistling noise is empty-head syndrome -- just the wind blowing in one ear and out the other.

Good luck with your check-up, Addie. At my doctor's appointment yesterday I found out that I'm shorter; I've always been 5'7" but now I'm 5'6". And I've been referred to an audiologist for the tinnitus. Actually I think the whistling noise is empty-head syndrome -- just the wind blowing in one ear and out the other.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:Thanks for the morning laugh!

I am off to my last pain management class! I am so proud of myself that I not only finished it this time but that I am using the things I learned and it is turning my life around. It is amazing how a bunch of little steps can lead to big changes. The two biggest for me are feeling more fit and more positive/less stressed!

I am also so excited to give them my cupcakes. It is just getting them there on transit with a cane and bag that will be the problem but I will manage! :)

We're proud of you too, Laurie. Also great to hear that you are using and benefiting from the stuff you have learned. (((hugs)))

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom