What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting ready to go to "parents night" at our daughters day camp. It's 85F in the shade today. We will be walking the whole camp alongside the river. Will be ready for a cold one after this evening.

babetoo said:
coloring my hair, am timing it while i am on here. got it cut yesterday. i always feel a bit sassy when my hair is done.

I have a hair appt tomorrow morning for highlights. I don't color, but my highlights growing out means my hair is starting to look dark again. With my natural color I don't know whether to say my hair is light brown or dark blonde, or strawberry blonde... So I get my highlights (because I like how they look, and) so I know what to call myself lol

i've been smiling for hours; i think my face is going to crack.
my little league baseball team beat the best team in the league tonight, 3 to 1. the best part was that my son pitched a soreless final inning to record the save, first walking two, but then he struck out the side to seal the win! woohoo!!!
even more amazing was that it was his first time ever pitching. i had no idea he could be a hurler, but the head coach saw something in the way he threw out on the field tonight during warmups.

littla mariano was born today. :D

the head coach awarded him the game ball, so i'm going to write the teams, score, and date on it and pick up one of those little clear plastic boxes so he can keep it on his dresser.

later, i found out that he was voted by the league coaches to be on the all star team. he's gonna be thrilled when i tell him in the morning.

it was a great night for him, and his poor old papa too. ;)

buckytom said:
i've been smiling for hours; i think my face is going to crack.
my little league baseball team beat the best team in the league tonight, 3 to 1. the best part was that my son pitched a soreless final inning to record the save, first walking two, but then he struck out the side to seal the win! woohoo!!!
even more amazing was that it was his first time ever pitching. i had no idea he could be a hurler, but the head coach saw something in the way he threw out on the field tonight during warmups.

littla mariano was born today. :D

the head coach awarded him the game ball, so i'm going to write the teams, score, and date on it and pick up one of those little clear plastic boxes so he can keep it on his dresser.

later, i found out that he was voted by the league coaches to be on the all star team. he's gonna be thrilled when i tell him in the morning.

it was a great night for him, and his poor old papa too. ;)

Awww, sweet!!! Congrats BT and son!!!

Hey, Bucky T, that is great news! You tell that son of his I'm proud of him too! I love hearing the stories of your relationship with him - nice to hear in this day and age.

I am sitting up at the computer at 1:45 but wanting to get to sleep because I am determined to make it to the pool for 6:30 to do my pool walking. But I am up for various reasons
- I had an Ice Cap at about 6 pm (hey, one coffee granule has enough caffeine to keep me going for three days and give me anywhere from a nagging headache to a full blown migraine),
- my sciatica is flared up
- I am excited because my cousin, who I have been estranged from for about 12 years not only "liked" my facebook cake page but also sent me a message hoping my pain was getting better and telling me I am a very talented baker and to say she was sorry about her uncle's (my Dad) passing. That was a really big step for her. We were like sisters growing up.
- I am missing my DC family so am catching up on some threads! :)

Hey, Bucky T, that is great news! You tell that son of his I'm proud of him too! I love hearing the stories of your relationship with him - nice to hear in this day and age.

I am sitting up at the computer at 1:45 but wanting to get to sleep because I am determined to make it to the pool for 6:30 to do my pool walking. But I am up for various reasons
- I had an Ice Cap at about 6 pm (hey, one coffee granule has enough caffeine to keep me going for three days and give me anywhere from a nagging headache to a full blown migraine),
- my sciatica is flared up
- I am excited because my cousin, who I have been estranged from for about 12 years not only "liked" my facebook cake page but also sent me a message hoping my pain was getting better and telling me I am a very talented baker and to say she was sorry about her uncle's (my Dad) passing. That was a really big step for her. We were like sisters growing up.
- I am missing my DC family so am catching up on some threads! :)
Ick, hope the sciatica goes away quickly.

Great news about your cousin. Eventually, most of us grow up.

Wow, Bucky! I'll bet all your buttons have popped off!!! What a fantastic achievement. Your little guy is quite something. I'm proud for you.

As for, "What am I doing," well I have my regular Friday chores to get out of the way before we hop on the Harley and spend the rest of the day goofing off.

It's unseasonably pleasant here for this time in June and we plan to take advantage of it and head out...wherever.

Retirement is awesome!!!!:):):):clap::punk:

Just relaxing, painted until late last night, so i'm checking my email and replying to all the threads I suppose i'm subscribed to

On two hours of light sleep I managed to make it to the pool. My walking partner "stood me up" but that's okay because I did both Monday and Wednesday when I couldn't walk on land in my house! Really kicking myself for not exchanging numbers or emails "just in case". Anyways, I did a basic 20 lengths (500 meters) and considering the pain and I missed two days I am very happy about that.

What am I doing now? Going to bed to try and catch at least a couple more hours of sleep before I start working on my lasagna....can't wait! I love cooking for my BIL as he really appreciates food! :)

Oh, and while the guys are probably off playing computer games or talking I am going to curl up with our first CFL game of the year. Friday Night Football won't be the same without Dad, but I am sure he will be happy I am keeping up the tradition! :angel:

Getting ready to go out (as soon as I finish my second cup of coffee). I'll stop at Costco to pick up a few things and see what's new.

On two hours of light sleep I managed to make it to the pool. My walking partner "stood me up" but that's okay because I did both Monday and Wednesday when I couldn't walk on land in my house! Really kicking myself for not exchanging numbers or emails "just in case". Anyways, I did a basic 20 lengths (500 meters) and considering the pain and I missed two days I am very happy about that.

What am I doing now? Going to bed to try and catch at least a couple more hours of sleep before I start working on my lasagna....can't wait! I love cooking for my BIL as he really appreciates food! :)

Oh, and while the guys are probably off playing computer games or talking I am going to curl up with our first CFL game of the year. Friday Night Football won't be the same without Dad, but I am sure he will be happy I am keeping up the tradition! :angel:

Isn't that the best? I love people who appreciate food {anything, actually}

Trying to concentrate on that bookkeeping. I'm only on my second coffee of the morning. I really dislike bookkeeping.

Last edited:
I just took a survey on migraine triggers and one listed (which I marked) is staring at TV and computer screens. Completing the survey puts you in a draw to win.....an IPad! :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom