What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Alix. We're still waiting for final word. I gave him a hug from PF and burst into tears. He seemed to need that hug. It isn't unexpected, but who knows how it will hit Stirling when it is official.

Of course, there is a slim chance the old fart will pull through. I say, we're off to Cornwall immediately if he does. We raised a glass or two to him tonight.

Sounds like you needed that hug, too! {{{{{{{{{{TL and Stirling}}}}}}}}}}

We got the call this morning. Stirling's dad passed away last night. Our Facebook pages have been flooded with condolences.

We got the call this morning. Stirling's dad passed away last night. Our Facebook pages have been flooded with condolences.

I'm so sorry. I've noticed over the years, losing the father is difficult, it's the last of the older generation leaving this generation to be the next to go. I'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry for your loss. As an older person myself, with two living (sometimes barely) parents, every time a friend loses a parent I realize that I'm going to lose mine some day, and that day is not that far away. It makes them more precious to me. I just hope you were able to enjoy some time with him before he left you.

I'm sorry, taxlady. My prayers are with you and Stirling. Big hugs to you both. I know how I felt when my Mom called about my uncle on Friday night. I'm glad you have eachother to comfort during this time!

Losing a parent is a very difficult event to go through. But if it is the last parent, you feel like now you are an orphan. No matter how old you are. All of a sudden you become the oldest generation of the family. My deepest sympathy to you and Stirling. :angel:

Losing a parent is a very difficult event to go through. But if it is the last parent, you feel like now you are an orphan. No matter how old you are. All of a sudden you become the oldest generation of the family. My deepest sympathy to you and Stirling. :angel:
Thanks Addie.

Yup, I'm an orphan. Stirling still has his mum.

Not that much today. My Dad and I are on a bit of unsettled ground right now (long story), and he's in NY state. I've been a lazy bone today with not much ambition. My Mom's brother (my Uncle Bob) passed away Friday night, and I've just been just layin' low. It happened so suddenly, starting out with a stroke. It's hard, because you try to call people and no one is home, but that is understandable. The bright spot of the whole weekend was that we enjoyed a great corned beef dinner on friday night and had leftovers in sandwiches last night. I'm on/off here at all hours, because I can't seem to sleep.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers to you that you & your dad can find common ground with some inner peace.

Stirling seems to be holding up okay, but there was vibration to his voice when he told me. His brother phoned and said that their dad will probably pass in a few hours. He has pneumonia and had another heart attack in the hospital. His remaining arm is dead. He has blood clots everywhere and any treatment of the blood clots will probably kill him sooner than leaving it alone.
I am sorry taxlady. Heartfelt thoughts & prayers to you & sterling.

Hanging out by myself again. I was not able to bring my Ogre home and he is very upset. While his wound is getting better and looks fantastic, he still needs the proper care for it, which is quite expensive and we could not afford it if he came home and I did it. Medicare and cutbacks!!!! They'd rather spend over $300 a day in a facility than pay the rent on the machine of $75 a day plus supplies and let me do his care. Idiots!

Hanging out by myself again. I was not able to bring my Ogre home and he is very upset. While his wound is getting better and looks fantastic, he still needs the proper care for it, which is quite expensive and we could not afford it if he came home and I did it. Medicare and cutbacks!!!! They'd rather spend over $300 a day in a facility than pay the rent on the machine of $75 a day plus supplies and let me do his care. Idiots!
Bummer. Give him a big hug from me.

Yes, they are idiots.

tell your ogre that we're pulling for his quick recovery. i'm sending my positive energy... now! <<bending at the waist, arms extended by ears, wiggling fingers>>

tell your ogre that we're pulling for his quick recovery. i'm sending my positive energy... now! <<bending at the waist, arms extended by ears, wiggling fingers>>

Thanks, BT!

I miss him, the cats miss him...it's so quiet without the TV on all the time.:rolleyes:;)

So sorry, VB, TL, and PF. Hugs and good thoughts to all. Sux to get older.

Back
Top Bottom