What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the suggestions to stay cooler.
We did decide to A/C one room last night--after sopping my head, after laying under a fan with wet cloths, after ice cubes in front of the fan.
I'M COOLER--temperature wise and probably cooler 70's jargon wise too.:LOL::LOL: It's expensive so it's not going to stay on unless it is over 90 degrees.

I'm buying a small plastic (not blow up) pool today, next time I'll plunge myself into it before becoming so miserable with the heat. I'm sorry for complaining about something so many people can just 'take'. How do they do it? I dreamed of snow yesterday. When snow covers the ground I dream of spring.

I'm not particularly an unhappy person, I was just way past my limit for heat yesterday.

It can get dangerous when it is so hot. Specially for the elderly. Take care and drink, drink, drink plenty of cold water. Don't get dehydrated.:)

blissful said:
Thanks for all the suggestions to stay cooler.
We did decide to A/C one room last night--after sopping my head, after laying under a fan with wet cloths, after ice cubes in front of the fan.
I'M COOLER--temperature wise and probably cooler 70's jargon wise too.:LOL::LOL: It's expensive so it's not going to stay on unless it is over 90 degrees.

I'm buying a small plastic (not blow up) pool today, next time I'll plunge myself into it before becoming so miserable with the heat. I'm sorry for complaining about something so many people can just 'take'. How do they do it? I dreamed of snow yesterday. When snow covers the ground I dream of spring.

I'm not particularly an unhappy person, I was just way past my limit for heat yesterday.

Here ya go, Blissful, someone to share your pool!

image-2331692582.jpg

It can get dangerous when it is so hot. Specially for the elderly. Take care and drink, drink, drink plenty of cold water. Don't get dehydrated.:)

got it.....
I'm not elderly yet, I'm working my way there---I've never been able to handle the heat, not in my childhood, teenage years, ever...I wonder if I was stolen from an eskimo tribe, definitely not from an african tribe.

Bolledeig said:
Lol, Dawgluver! Is it your pup? Very smart!

No, not mine, but he's got the right idea!

From FB, to remind folks to keep their pets cool.

Trying to figure out a good vacation this summer with the family. The daughter & dh really want to go to florida & do disney. I have osteoarthritiis in my knees. The water exercises have been helping some. Big mistake, last night I tried aqua zumba. My right knee has been killing me all day. I am wondering how I would be able to walk the miles & miles through disney.

I've started taking my shower in the afternoon during the hottest part of the day 3-4pm and not drying off all the way, then I sit in front of a fan.

Trying to figure out a good vacation this summer with the family. The daughter & dh really want to go to florida & do disney. I have osteoarthritiis in my knees. The water exercises have been helping some. Big mistake, last night I tried aqua zumba. My right knee has been killing me all day. I am wondering how I would be able to walk the miles & miles through disney.

I think I remember that Disney has scooters to rent. Give them a call and find out. I know when I went to Dollywood, they had them and I rented one. Saved the day for me. They have hills. Steep hills. :)

They have wheelchairs at Disney you can rent. I went to Disney a couple of weeks ago. At least the one in California rented them. Check online.

No, not mine, but he's got the right idea!

From FB, to remind folks to keep their pets cool.

My son had to work in the morning. He put Teddy Bear in the bedroom with some ice water and the AC on medium. Any time he takes him out for one of his walks, he has been carrying a bottle of ice water and a small cup so he can stay hydrated. He usually keeps him out for an hour or more. But in this heat, as soon as TB does his business, he brings him right back home. TB does not do well in the heat. :ermm:

Addie said:
My son had to work in the morning. He put Teddy Bear in the bedroom with some ice water and the AC on medium. Any time he takes him out for one of his walks, he has been carrying a bottle of ice water and a small cup so he can stay hydrated. He usually keeps him out for an hour or more. But in this heat, as soon as TB does his business, he brings him right back home. TB does not do well in the heat. :ermm:

Few of us do well in the heat! Glad Teddy Bear has such an attentive daddy!

I went to Disney with my ex wife a few years ago. She was in a wheel chair. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get around. Not once were we inconvenienced or held up because of it. Actually, we were given many advantages and privileges because of it. We had separate isles, and the handicapped seating is top notch, usually front row. My dauther loved it also because she sat on my wife's lap and got wheeled around for the whole trip:LOL:.

I'm taking a break. My bf and I are renting a room from a friend of his, who happens to be a bachelor. I moved in a couple days ago, and I've just been getting settled until now, so today I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the whole house, and cleaned the upstairs bathroom that we use. My god, this man had 3 cases of empty beer cans and bottles I recycled, and there was about 1/4 inch of dust on every ledge, and under the appliances. And the bathroom! I hate cleaning other people's toilets, and this was the dirtiest toilet I have ever cleaned! And I used to work at a young adult male group home, so that is saying something. The dust all over the outside of the toilet that was covered in pee really added to the effect. He must not know that you are supposed to clean more than just the inside of the toilet lol. The house is deceptively clean and picked up looking when you first walk in, but boy did it need some detailing. Phew that was a lot of work!! I still need to dust in the living room. Then I will feel more comfortable here. Hopefully we will only be here for 2 weeks-a month and a half, but its still worth it to not be grossed out, and it's kind of a nice thank you for letting us stay here too.

I'm taking a break. My bf and I are renting a room from a friend of his, who happens to be a bachelor. I moved in a couple days ago, and I've just been getting settled until now, so today I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the whole house, and cleaned the upstairs bathroom that we use. My god, this man had 3 cases of empty beer cans and bottles I recycled, and there was about 1/4 inch of dust on every ledge, and under the appliances. And the bathroom! I hate cleaning other people's toilets, and this was the dirtiest toilet I have ever cleaned! And I used to work at a young adult male group home, so that is saying something. The dust all over the outside of the toilet that was covered in pee really added to the effect. He must not know that you are supposed to clean more than just the inside of the toilet lol. The house is deceptively clean and picked up looking when you first walk in, but boy did it need some detailing. Phew that was a lot of work!! I still need to dust in the living room. Then I will feel more comfortable here. Hopefully we will only be here for 2 weeks-a month and a half, but its still worth it to not be grossed out, and it's kind of a nice thank you for letting us stay here too.

YUCK!!!

Skittle, you are a better person than me.
I did that for a few people in my 20's--no dust bunnies, more like dust dinosaurs and bathrooms--BLUCK. In case they don't thank you--I'll say it for them, THANK YOU! :angel: <<---that is you.

I don't even like cleaning my own toliet (don't worry, I do) let alone someone else's. It is a lot of work when you don't clean on a regular basis.

And I second the big YUCK!!

I bought a 1 foot tall by 5 foot cheapo pool today.
I received a warning notice with the pool. It said "NO DIVING, Shallow Water, You can be permanently injured".
Really? I'm thinking I won't dive now. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

blissful said:
I received a warning notice with the pool. It said "NO DIVING, Shallow Water, You can be permanently injured".

Oh fer Pete's sake, please don't dive, Bliss!

Get a bag of ice and a bulldog! And a teeny diving board.

Well, if you're not too tall, it might be OK. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom