What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie said:
I called Son #3. There is a farm stand just down the road from his house. He is going to pick up a couple of dozen farm fresh eggs for me. Oh Joy! Luv that kid!!!:chef:

Yummy!! Fresh eggs are the best. I should find someone around here who sells them. I like to keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge and munch on an egg white with a little salt and pepper when I'm hungry between meals. Farm fresh eggs are so tender and flavorful. Much better than store bought!

Saturday 20.10 Hours

Tax Lady, Buonasera,

Firstly, Tax Lady, thanks alot. We had a wonderful time... Truly a spectacular concert ... He gives his all to the audience ...

Tonight is the European Cup Match Spain against France ... We shall go watch on big screen tv at a local taberna and have some nice Sparkling Wine and shellfish ...

This morning, I was horse riding all morning, Equis is our´s and he is an Apoloosa ... The Vet could not resist and his original owner is quite elderly and cannot foster care him any longer. So, the Vet bought him ... His stable is at the Ranch where Filippo has long standing clients. So it all worked out and I do not have to rent any longer. I ride from 7am to 10am or so before it gets too too desert like hot.

Have a lovely wkend,
Ciao, Margi.

Watching the beagle watching a baby bunny from the sunroom. She will bark at cats and coyotes, but shows remarkable restraint and a very long attention span with rabbits. Of course, that's what beagles are bred for, to hunt rabbits. Not sure what she'd do if she caught one.

image-4013057665.jpg

Last edited:
Watching the beagle watching a baby bunny from the sunroom. She will bark at cats and coyotes, but shows remarkable restraint and a very long attention span with rabbits. Of course, that's what beagles are bred for, to hunt rabbits. Not sure what she'd do if she caught one.

It's not what she would do, it's what you would do for her. Hasenpfeffer.:LOL: If you really love her.;)

Trying to get motivated to do something...anything. It's hotter than the hinges of hell here and I KNOW I don't want to do anything outside.

I think I'll take a nap instead. Maybe I'll dream of something I should do.:LOL:

Barring that, I'll go to my studio and play for a while and see if I can amuse Sally and Tumble.

Katie H said:
Trying to get motivated to do something...anything. It's hotter than the hinges of hell here and I KNOW I don't want to do anything outside.

I think I'll take a nap instead. Maybe I'll dream of something I should do.:LOL:

Barring that, I'll go to my studio and play for a while and see if I can amuse Sally and Tumble.

Lol I know the feeling. Yesterday I posted on Facebook that I was motivated just to try to convince myself it was true. I did get quite a bit done (or was that the day before? Not working really makes it hard to tell my days apart lol...), and today I finished the laundry I was working on. I love putting everything away while it's still warm out of the dryer. Makes it so much easier to fold, and smooth out any wrinkles.

Now I'm going to embark on the process of washing my 2 foot long hair lol. I love my hair, but man is it a project...

Hustomte is vacuuming--I'm going to take a nap while she does that. I've been cleaning sawdust out of all the corners--the result of having sanded the floor.

I have saline to make and can, veggie's to prep and meat to cook ahead for Shrek. I better get moving while Heartbreak Ridge is on and Shrek is still sleeping.

boy, am i having a good day.

firstly, i started my vacation today. that's always a good thing.

this morning, my boy had all star baseball practice. this past week, he was selected to the all star team by the coaches' association.
then, one of the all star head coaches asked me to be the assistant coach. i was really honoured to be one of the four coaches out of around 18.

the boys had a good practice this morning. it's neat to see everyone's game get better when they're around better players.

next up, we had the coaches vs. employees (of the boys and girls club) game this afternoon. the employees are a bunch of college aged and 20 somethings; we're a bunch of old farts.

believe it or not, even though we lost 14 - 13, i was awarded game m.v.p.! i had a triple and single, and had 4 defensive put outs in left field, all killing rallies, all circus catches a la willie mays.

the best part was seeing my boy's face when everyone chanted "mvp, mvp" for me. that was worth all the money in the world. i think i get a trophy tomorrow, along with the boys and all stars. lol, my son hugged me the whole way home.

then we spent an hour in the pool cooling off, and making whirlpools and wave pools using boogie boards. that was fun.

but it doesn't end there. tonight is my boy's all star game on a really nice artificial field under the lights.

i can't wait.

it's been a good day.

Last edited:
I went shopping at Reitmans. I have been in that store every now and again for thirty years and never found anything that seemed worth the money. Today I went because I got a pair of Reitmans brand trousers at Value Village and I really like them. I was going to bite the bullet and pay what I needed to pay for another pair like that. They were having a sale. I got three pairs of trousers and T-shirt for under $30 with the tax!

I'm cooling off with an ice café au lait after the heat outside. Stirling bought a new computer that will back up all the other computers in the house. It has 11 disk drives, extra large case, heavy duty power supply. I have to help him get it up the stairs to his office.

The neighbors called & want to do a neighborhood cook out & bon fire next door. I am making a bean casserole & bringing the burgers & beer, sounds like an enjoyable, relaxing evening.

boy, am i having a good day.

firstly, i started my vacation today. that's always a good thing.

this morning, my boy had all star baseball practice. this past week, he was selected to the all star team by the coaches' association.
then, one of the all star head coaches asked me to be the assistant coach. i was really honoured to be one of the four coaches out of around 18.

the boys had a good practice this morning. it's neat to see everyone's game get better when they're around better players.

next up, we had the coaches vs. employees (of the boys and girls club) game this afternoon. the employees are a bunch of college aged and 20 somethings; we're a bunch of old farts.

believe it or not, even though we lost 14 - 13, i was awarded game m.v.p.! i had a triple and single, and had 4 defensive put outs in left field, all killing rallies, all circus catches a la willie mays.

the best part was seeing my boy's face when everyone chanted "mvp, mvp" for me. that was worth all the money in the world. i think i get a trophy tomorrow, along with the boys and all stars. lol, my son hugged me the whole way home.

then we spent an hour in the pool cooling off, and making whirlpools and wave pools using boogie boards. that was fun.

but it doesn't end there. tonight is my boy's all star game on a really nice artificial field under the lights.

i can't wait.

it's been a good day.

That is a great day! I bet your boy was so proud :cool:

It's raining cats and dogs here this morning. I bought apples yesterday and will make an apple cinnamon coffee cake today to test out the recipe, which I haven't used in many years. My dear DIL requested something with this flavor combo for her birthday sweet next month instead of an iced cake.

First thing this morning, though, I visited a site called "got-milkweed.com" and ordered some milkweed plants. I hope to have a small butterfly garden and these plants are the chosen food of Monarch caterpillars. We'll see if I can get weeds to grow on purpose.

How long do you expect his wound to be open? :ermm:

At least a month, we go back to the wound clinic in two weeks, but I can already see improvement, it's filling in well and new skin is growing. Once I have my coffee, I'll be changing the dressing again.

He finally slept last night, all night. Yay!!!

Back
Top Bottom