What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't sleep so I am in my Dad's Lift chair/recliner doing some cake sketches.

I am attending a cake conference in September and need to supply a display cake, cupcakes and some sugar work. It isn't a competition, but wedding planners, brides, companies all attend and it is good for business (yes I know I am supposed to be retired) :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
I am sitting in front of the computer watching the 2012 New Years Eve Concert of the Vienna Symphonic Orchestra. And at the same time I am working on my embroidery project. Son #1 was here for a short time, so I put the concert on pause. Not his music. It is a nice quiet day for me. :)

UPDATE - I sat here for four hours. I first listened to the 2012 concert, then an hour of the Vienna Boys Choir. Then two more hours of different pieces of music. It was the most restful day I have had in a long time. I got a lot done on the piece of embroidery I am presently working on. I just might do it again today. The only reason I stopped was because my spine was beginning to hurt. I think I will have Son #1 hook up my computer to my large screen TV. He has been trying to talk me into it for a couple of months now. Sounds like a good idea. :cool:

Today, I will wait to see if Son #3 shows up. :ermm:

everything i tried to do today went awry. to hot to re- pot plants. no manual for new cat tree. i am locked out of my e-mail for fourteen hours. maybe i should just go to bed before i blow something up.

Did you try checking for the manufacturing company online, Babe? Sometimes you can get the instructions there, or at least be able to contact them to send it to you.

Another idea would be to check with a pet store for more info. HTH

Last edited:
I am here with a towel on my head :LOL: Just out of the shower and really need to go and blowdry my hair but I got stuck on here :ROFLMAO:

Just had a nice long 2 hour nap. Feeling pretty lazy. I should go do something but lovin this relaxation time.

Watering the outdoor gardens and trying to figure out what to feed DH tonight.

I am here with a towel on my head :LOL: Just out of the shower and really need to go and blowdry my hair but I got stuck on here :ROFLMAO:

That's an interesting image. Walking from the shower to go blow dry your hair and you swerve inexplicably to the computer as if drawn by the hypnotic call of the internet.

That's an interesting image. Walking from the shower to go blow dry your hair and you swerve inexplicably to the computer as if drawn by the hypnotic call of the internet.

My computer has the same effect on me. I was cleaning the bathroom, but here I sit. I came out to get the bleach and the antiseptic wipes. So how did I end up on the computer?

I had a conversation with Son #1 today about going wireless. Will the computer call even louder? Will I not be able to complete a simple household chore? :ohmy:

Feels good to take those household chores in stride. Especially on a sunday afternoon.

I got the bathroom done. Now I am working on the kitchen. It just takes me so long because I have to keep stopping and rest. I would love to spend another day like yesterday. But alas! The kitchen keeps calling me. right now I am trying to get the floor done. That is the hardest job for me. My spine and hip does not want me to work. But I have other plans. I WILL get the kitchen finished before the day is done. :ermm:

I have roasted oxtails simmering to create some stock. I'm hoping to get it reduced down and divided in time to go to bed.

Reading DC posts instead of shelling 10 lb of peas...which I then have to blanch and freeze....with the heat and no rain, the gardens have slowed down a bit. For the first time in 7 years, we are setting up an irrigation system.

I know :LOL: I really should just do one thing at a time, but I cant help myself...if there is an opportunity to hit the pc...I'm there :ROFLMAO:

Same here...can't seem to walk past my laptop without 'just checking something real quick'. :ermm::LOL:

Just relaxing now - I did a lot of yard work today in anticipation of the 110F heat which is coming tomorrow, and is forecast to last throughout the week. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom