What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3:18AM and can't sleep. Can't find a comfortable position - more, I think, because I'm tired of laying down than from the mild sciatica pain. My head says sleep but my body says no. Already tried walking around, I put laundry in the drier. Guess I'll try reading some more.

I totally understand, Cindercat. Last night my "mystery pain" was not too bad but I was up several times with leg cramps. DH said I was actually falling asleep sitting up between attacks! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this will settle down soon.

Sorry to hear you are not sleeping well CC, hoping you get some rest after reading :)

We have had tea and now relaxing at the pc...off to watch some Masterchef soon :chef:
Kylie, I just watched that for the first time Monday. Not sure what I think of it. May try again next week. :)

Is that sort of like the princess and the pea? :LOL:

I am sure it was. That one flake gave off enough heat to hotten up a large kettle of soup. I had to drink milk just to be able to finish the pasta. Son #1 is still laughing at me. I think I will give the jar of red flakes to him. He loves hot food. I know I will never use it again. I thought dry mustard was hot. Mild compared to this one flake. Or as my son stated, "A flake for a flake." That child does not want to live very long. :ohmy:

Just made my own coffee drink :) my bf used up all the coffee this morning, so I went to the coffee shop a couple blocks away, got a couple shots of espresso, brought it home, and made my own iced turtle latte! Yummy!!

Just had a call from my Mom telling me I need to replenish her bank account at the seniors place. *sigh* AND that I need to buy her a new chest of drawers as she has too many clothes. *double sigh* Which means I have the somewhat unpleasant job of telling her to either weed out the clothes she isn't wearing and give them away or to buy some storage boxes for off season clothes. There is no way another piece of furniture is going in that apartment. I'm going to make my brother do the more unpleasant job of telling her to slow it down on the spending.

On the up side, its nice to see her happy.

Alix said:
Just had a call from my Mom telling me I need to replenish her bank account at the seniors place. *sigh* AND that I need to buy her a new chest of drawers as she has too many clothes. *double sigh* Which means I have the somewhat unpleasant job of telling her to either weed out the clothes she isn't wearing and give them away or to buy some storage boxes for off season clothes. There is no way another piece of furniture is going in that apartment. I'm going to make my brother do the more unpleasant job of telling her to slow it down on the spending.

On the up side, its nice to see her happy.

I wish I had that problem with clothes!! I hate shopping! I always go for a specific item like a pair of shorts, try on 5 pairs, and a couple dresses while I'm at it, find that none fit right and walk away with nothing. Meanwhile, my bf who tagged along, will walk away with 3 T-shirts, a pair of shorts, and a new hat, and looks at me like, "What, you aren't getting anything?" He takes up 3/4 of our walk in closet, and I have my work clothes hanging in the other room because there is no space left for me lol. Now, if only I could put money in an account for him that would get empty when he spends too much!! I tried to get him to deposit his checks in my account and I would dole out cash, but he didn't go for it. So, I pay most of our bills, AND when we need a large chunk of cash, like when we just bought a van, I'm the one with savings. What's up with that?? Where does all his money go???

Thanks everyone for the sleep wishes. I did get a couple hours in short naps between trips to the bathroom and walking around to loosen up that SI joint. I just took a wsrm shower and now I'm considering putting socks on. Whether it makes me hurt or not I've got to do it. I have to go to work & finish putting things away and labeling boxes so they can move me. It's only a month & a few days til school starts again. They have to move everything & I have to unpack it before Aug 15. Yuck!! I hate moving.

At bedtime, I've been having allergy-type fits with lots of sneezing and a stopped-up nose. So this morning I took the bed apart -- to get at the cat hair on the berber carpet underneath. That's the go-to for the cats on the occasion of a thunderstorm or human visitors. The dog would join them, but the bedrail is too low.

So now that's been well swept, put back together with freshly laundered sheets, and topped with a comforter that's supposed to be for company-only use.

Maybe tonight will be different. Or maybe the culprit is that final evening trip outside with the dog to do her business. Oh, well. It needed doing anyway.

Putting my feet up for a few minutes while I wait for a big tray of oven-roasted tomatoes to cool down a bit to process.

While the tomatoes were roasting, I cut and packaged a 10-pound bag of chicken leg/thigh quarters into serving-sized portions and wrapped 3 really nice pieces of beef for Swiss steak. They were super specials at the market yesterday and I couldn't pass them up.

I still have another tray of tomatoes to roast, then I'll have free time to do whatever. I think that "whatever" will be a little nap. For some unknown reason I'm a bit tired today. Guess it could be because Glenn and I got hooked on a movie on TV last night and didn't get to bed until about 1 a.m.

At bedtime, I've been having allergy-type fits with lots of sneezing and a stopped-up nose. So this morning I took the bed apart -- to get at the cat hair on the berber carpet underneath. That's the go-to for the cats on the occasion of a thunderstorm or human visitors. The dog would join them, but the bedrail is too low.

So now that's been well swept, put back together with freshly laundered sheets, and topped with a comforter that's supposed to be for company-only use.

Maybe tonight will be different. Or maybe the culprit is that final evening trip outside with the dog to do her business. Oh, well. It needed doing anyway.

I feel like a slacker. :ohmy:

Hello everyone :)

I have just got up and enjoying my first coffee for the day ;)

I have grocery shopping to do this morning, then later mum is coming over for a coffee and chat :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day/night
thumb.gif

Oh, Addie. I'd be embarrassed to tell you how long it's been since I last swept under the bed. I could make a new cat with the all the hair I found.

And I still sneezed last night. Phooey.

I had my pills for the day in my container that I use. I knocked it over and most of them went under the bed. I can't bend over or I will pass out. So they stayed there for two weeks before I could have my son clean them up for me. I am trying to find a way of keeping up with the cleaning without killing myself. I can have a housekeeper come in once a week, but I am still reluctant to admit that I can no longer do it all. :ohmy::wacko:

Oh, Addie. I'd be embarrassed to tell you how long it's been since I last swept under the bed. I could make a new cat with the all the hair I found.

Could it be dust mites?

Do you know anyone who is signed up with Melaleuca (most, if not all, of their cleaning stuff has tea tree oil in it)? Spraying the mattress with something that has tea tree oil in it would take care of the dust mites.

My Roomba (Hilda Hustomte) sweeps under my bed! I love that part of having a Roomba...

I promised a friend I'd do some mending for her. I have to go see her today, but the last time I tried to use my "fancy-dancy" very expensive sewing machine, the bobbin winder didn't stop when I wound the bobbin and then I couldn't get the machine to engage in the sewing mode. Figured it was because I was tired, trying to sew at night, etc. So, I thought "this should take about 5 minutes to do" (a sun-canopy had two corners that needed sewing). Wrong. Still couldn't get it to engage in sewing mode. Rethreaded it, re-inserted the bobbin, changed the needle, stitch length. Nada. Went on line and found a few posts where the problem was described exactly as I would have described it. Although the machine is "no oiling required" the bobbin winding post DOES need oil. Fortunately, mine isn't seized, but it was stuck in the "bobbin wind" mode. Once I got that fixed, the sewing mode engaged. The sun canopy is fixed, bathing suit is in my bag (she has a pool) and I'm on my way. Gotta love the things you can figure out how to fix/diagnose thanks to the Internet. My thought was a belt might be slipping, so trying the easier fix (and definitely the no-cost fix) was step one. I didn't have to go to step 2 and run out and get a belt, open the machine, etc. This makes two simple fixes (the A/C fan switch and now the bobbin spindle not disengaging).

Getting ready to go out to water our veggie container garden. The first of two daily waterings due to the drought here. Then I'll come back in and finish the oven-roasted tomato sauce and get it canned before I make a blueberry pie. That'll be the extent of my strenuous work today.

I need to take things easy the next two weeks because I have been taken off all my arthritis meds until surgery on the 25th. I don't have much of consequence planned for the next two weeks because I know I'll be very uncomfortable and will have little use of my hands. Plus my arthritic right knee will certainly make its presence known.

Just spent a couple of hours reading a legal document for accuracy, grammar, spelling, etc. After lunch I'm going up to the town's first farmers' market of the season. Hoping to score some good fresh veggies.

Back
Top Bottom