What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning everyone...not long been out of bed, had breakfast and now relaxing with a coffee :)

I have a couple of things to go out and do this morning, but a relaxing afternoon in the recliner for me...feeling a bit tired the last couple of days

What had everyone been doing today?

I'm having a coffee and wishing I didn't have to go to work and then go away for the week for a company conference when I could be home cooking :)

What a lovely gesture. Some folks would have told him to run really fast and they would be waiting at the door. :)
Thanks Addie. I didn't have to pick him up. By the time he was in my neck of the woods, the rain had stopped.

Last edited:
Just cleaned out the ice chest, gathered up the non-perishables (sunscreen, disposable plates, towels, etc.) and getting ready for a nice picnic day at the river tomorrow with my daughter and grandchildren. :)

I have just come back fron the shops

It is a lovely sunny day today...nice to have a bit of warmth and sunshine for a change...although when Winter is over, I will want it back :LOL:

I'm waiting for a friend to show up. Stirling invited him over for tacos. Stirling makes really tasty tacos.

It's raining pretty steadily. It was coming down hard enough that the rain drops were bouncing about a foot off the pavement. Since my friend takes public transportation, I phoned him and told him to give me a call from the bus terminus near here if it was still coming down hard, so I could go pick him up. It's barely over a block from the bus stop, but the way it was coming down, that would have soaked him to the skin.
Please send some of that rain to South Dakota, we really need it!

We had a good soaking today for about 15 minutes, waiting for the weather report to see if it helped up the valley and slowed the fire.

We need rain in SE Ontario as well. We are in a level 2 drought. It is soooooo dry. Maybe there will be some rain tomorrow night...but what we need is about 5 days of rain--the kind that would ruin one's holiday at the lake...

I just phoned Sears to have them come fix my portable dishwasher. It's old, but on a service contract (yay!). When I used it on Saturday, it piddled on the floor. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a heat wave and they are giving priority to people who's food is going to spoil or who are going to become ill because their air conditioning doesn't work, so my appointment isn't until next week on Tuesday. They will try to get here sooner, but no promise.

I just phoned Sears to have them come fix my portable dishwasher. It's old, but on a service contract (yay!). When I used it on Saturday, it piddled on the floor. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a heat wave and they are giving priority to people who's food is going to spoil or who are going to become ill because their air conditioning doesn't work, so my appointment isn't until next week on Tuesday. They will try to get here sooner, but no promise.
TL--I have a portable DW. It piddles on the floor when I don't turn the water off before I disconnect the hose and then reconnect it the next time. Could that be the problem?

TL--I have a portable DW. It piddles on the floor when I don't turn the water off before I disconnect the hose and then reconnect it the next time. Could that be the problem?
I'm not sure I understand.

When I forget to turn off the water before I disconnect the hose, water squirts all over the place, especially on me. I seldom forget to turn off the water before disconnecting. :LOL:

It is the first time it ever piddled on the floor.

taxlady said:
It is the first time it ever piddled on the floor.

You need to smack its nose with a newspaper and shout, " No! Bad DW! Bad! Bad!". But you need to catch it in the act, otherwise it won't understand.

Last edited:
I stayed awake all night. Fell asleep on my bed about 6 a.m. The next thing I know my face is being licked to death and I hear a loud bark in my ear. Teddy wanted his back scratch.

While Teddy was here I went out to the kitchen and heated up some left over Angel pasta. Teddy wanted some. So I put the dish down for him. I didn't cut it up. Watching this silly dog eat long pasta strands had me and my son in stitches. He left here with a red beard. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom