What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our cable, which includes TV, phone and internet is an absolute. I can do without lots of other things.
Same here - our TV, phone and cable are all on the same bill - we have a special package which is "supposed" to save you money. I would be totally lost without the TV and internet. The phone.......debatable sometimes. :LOL:

I made Margaritas. Then, while I was showing Stirling how to make them I had an oops. My cocktail shaker has a perfectly good recipe for Margaritas. It's a fairly potent one. 6 ounces of booze for two people. Well, Stirling asked if I shouldn't double the recipe. That sounded reasonable, since I had already had one. Oops, the recipe on the cocktail shaker makes 2 Margaritas. So, what I made was 4. We put two in the fridge. I'm on my third one now. Weeee! Not going to do that again, even if I have guests. The shaker was so full I had to stir it. :LOL: The other half wouldn't fit without spillage.

Last edited:
Simon is just about back to normal. He's still a bit skittish but he does everything and goes everywhere he did before the hair dryer incident. I got a new hair dryer (difference color) and got rid of the bath mat that he doesn't like. He comes in the bathroom with me but disappears in a flash when the hair dryer comes on. He's sitting on the back of the couch watching me eat a sandwich.

ForumRunner_20120722_001440.png

Right now I am sitting here at the computer with a new worry. About 10:30 in the evening, I was standing at the table and all of a sudden I was hit with a pain in both kidneys that knocked the breath out of me and I had to grab the table to stay standing. Oh joy! Just what I needed. A kidney infection. I have had plenty of bladder and kidney infections over the years to recognize the difference. So I took a couple of Vicodin and that took care of the pain. And I am drinking plenty of water. My son will pick up some cranberry juice tomorrow for me. We have an ER here in the community. East Boston is separated by the harbor from Boston proper and hospitals. So we have our own ER. If I go to it, they will tell me to go in town to the ER at my hospital. I will also get some cocky young doctor asking me when did I get my medical degree. At 73 y.o., I know the difference between a kidney and bladder infection. Lord knows, I have had enough of both. All I need is a prescription for a sulphur drug. If it was a bladder infection, then I would need an antibiotic. And my bladder is not located high up under my ribs in the back. I am prepared to have a good argument tomorrow. We have all the facilities to diagnose and treat a kidney infection right here in the neighborhood. It is staffed along with the lab 24 hours a day. Grrrr! :rolleyes:

I am sitting here wide awake. I hear the ambulance and the fire department. Next I hear the elevator and voices. About ten minutes go by and I hear the voices again. Someone went out. Will find out tomorrow. Then I hear the police siren. It stops right outside my open window. Now I live on a really quiet street. Even the birds whisper in the middle of the day. They were on a chase and the car hit the guard rail at the end of this building. Yelling and cursing. Here comes another ambulance. Someone got hurt. So much for peace and quiet. I am not one to run out and see what happened. I have seen my share of crashes. And for the resident that went out? I definitely don't want to see that. I am afraid they will grab me just out of habit. :rolleyes:

We had a lovely day out today :)

The markets were fun to look around and then we went for lunch and the gourmet pizza we bought was ever so tasty!

We then went around looking for a new TV...we have a 103cm one but are looking at getting a 155cm one ;)

I am about to take my DH to the lab to get a whole pile of blood tests to check out his thyroid (which is wonky at the best of times), and blood sugar among other things. I need to drive as he has fasted and is horrid with blook and needles. The clinic doctor yesterday said he has to take at least today off work which isn't making him too happy. :(

When we get home, have a good breakfast and I get him back to bed, I am going to start working on declutering so we can get our rooms changed around. Dad's room will be the guest room/"man cave" (a total joke as DH hates the term) and the smaller office room becomes my "studio" that I have lots of plans for. The first being painting one of the sliding closet doors with blackboard paint and covering the other with cork tiles so I can pin up patterns, write out lists, etc. I will have a sewing station, computer station, cake station and drawing board. Can't wait! :)

Addie, sure do dislike hearing ambulances and sirens in the middle of the night, or anytime for that matter. Makes me sad knowing that someone is hurt or ill, and a family is in panic. Happened too often with my mother. :-(

Kylie - aren't new toys fun? :)

LP - you're inspiring me to get busy and finish my 2 extra bedrooms. One I made into a den-type room, and am almost done, but now have the other bedroom to seriously work on. It's a guest room for whatever family members may need it, but still lots of work and gussying up to do. :)Sounds like you'll have the perfect places for you and DH.

I've just finished the dips and veggie trays for today's party for my grandson, and boy is it hard not to nibble on it. :LOL: Have a great day, everyone!

Shrek let me sleep almost 12 hours...kinda wish he wouldn't do that. Then we have some hunting and gathering to do.

I'm taking inventory of what needs to get done before I have surgery on Wednesday. Not much time and so much to do.

I'm moving slowly because the horrible pain prevents me from going at my normal pace. Not much time tomorrow as Glenn and I both have appointments at the rheumatologist's office in the afternoon. Then, Tuesday, I have my pre-op appointment with the surgeon and weekly grocery shopping. Before I know it...Wednesday morning will be here and I'm not sure I'll have gotten everything done. Oh, well, what doesn't get done just doesn't get done and that's all there is to it.

As it stands, I've reviewed our freezers and pantry and am satisfied all is well there. All the critical laundry will have been done by Tuesday night and I did all the ironing yesterday. Any birthday cards and/or packages that needed to be in the mail for this month are on their zip code way via our mail carrier on Friday. If I've forgotten anyone...well I think I have a better excuse than "the dog ate...."

To further complicate things, Glenn's daughter and two babies are driving here from Lexington later this week for a few days' visit. I'm not sure how I'll handle that but, if there's pain killers available, you can bet your bippie I'll take some.

I suppose I'll find out what kind of tough stuff I'm made of by the end of the week.

I'm just ready to be on the other side of constant debilitating pain and regain some of the use of my hands. All this surgery stuff is new to me as I've never been sick or had any real medical challenges. Had all my children in a matter of minutes and never had any broken bones, save my nose, twice. So having a cast will be a totally new experience.

This wasn't on my Bucket List, so I'll have to check it off my list of "Other" and move on to the next adventure.

i am fighting a major depression. am not sure the cause. to low to do any of my projects. eating junk, and doing nothing. i have had these before as ptsd is an evil thing to have. i am going to make myself clean up the kitchen. pick up the dead flowers from b'day bouquets. then we will see. i hate when this happens and i can't dig myself out of it. good thoughts, please

Katie and Babe,
I have been where you both are in your situations now and I send you gentle hugs, prayers and good thoughts. Pain, whether the physical or emotional kind, can suck the life out of a person. But just know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for both of you, and tons of love to see you through to it.

Katie, I am sure Glenn's daughter will understand that you can't be the grand hostess you usually are and will help out a bit. And that wonderful hubby of yours will be right by your side. :)

Babe, is there someone who can come over and be with you? To just be there to do things for you, talk to, hug? I sure wish it could be me. :angel:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Katie and Babe}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Katie and Babe,
I have been where you both are in your situations now and I send you gentle hugs, prayers and good thoughts. Pain, whether the physical or emotional kind, can suck the life out of a person. But just know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for both of you, and tons of love to see you through to it.

Katie, I am sure Glenn's daughter will understand that you can't be the grand hostess you usually are and will help out a bit. And that wonderful hubby of yours will be right by your side. :)

Babe, is there someone who can come over and be with you? To just be there to do things for you, talk to, hug? I sure wish it could be me. :angel:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Katie and Babe}}}}}}}}}}}}}

i wish you could be too. right now i am just to down to even try to talk with anyone. hope this passes soon.

thanks everyone. my heart is just so heavy. i am on the verge of tears all the time. maybe if i could cry i would feel better. some of it is triggered by the dates and events of the last month. my del's birthday, my birthday, was the day we met. the fact that no one else seems to mark these occasions make me sad. then coming up is what should have been our fifty-six anniversary. i will try to do something for distraction and that may help.

Had a fun family day with the daughter. We celebrate every july 22nd as it's the day we legally adopted our daughter. So, today was her "special day". We went to mass, the out to eat, swimming in the pool & shopping. Fun day.

Back
Top Bottom