What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just waiting for the raspberry Ice cream to finish freezing. The machine was running for 30 minutes before I realized I hadn't put the paddle in......geesh!!! I'm a bonehead!!!

Had a fun family day with the daughter. We celebrate every july 22nd as it's the day we legally adopted our daughter. So, today was her "special day". We went to mass, the out to eat, swimming in the pool & shopping. Fun day.

That sounds lovely SB :)

How old is your daughter?

Babetoo, could you afford to just throw up your hands and say to heck with it all, and wallow in those down feelings for a while? Seems like the old optimism and energy creep back in after a period of time whether you ask for them or not.
From your past postings it sounds like you're a pretty tough cookie. Many kind hearts here are wishing you the best.

Good vibes to you, too, Katie.

I just woke up from a great night's sleep.

I didn't get any work done on the rooms today but we got our fridge completely torn apart and cleaned and DH worked on it once again. It is draining water down under the crispers at an alarming rate and we are just trying to get by until we can get a new one. We will probably get this one fixed and use it as our spare.

So, today I am going to do my closet doors and remove an antique desk from my soon to be studio and put it in the hallway where it will fit nicely and look beautiful. Only problem is this will make another huge project because it currently holds all Dad's papers, etc. and I am just not ready to deal with them at the moment. This is all the stuff I have collected through the estate and papers he kept that I didn't need.

We just returned from vacay late last night. DH had turned the water off before we left, which also turned off the source for the outside hoses. Bad DH!! I was frantic, as temps were in the 100+° range with no rain the entire time we were gone. Luckily, I have wonderful neighbors, and they kept the vegetable gardens watered, I have no idea how, possibly by hand carried watering cans. I haven't talked to them yet, but everything looks good and I just picked a big cuke and my first ripe tomato, on my way out to pick the beans.

I was sitting here with my knife and fork eating the three chicken legs I cooked up. Son #1 walked in and started to laugh at me. "This is how you eat chicken legs." So he picked up the last one and ate it all. With no knife and fork. And he was still laughing as he went out the door. I have to smack that kid. I know I taught him better manners than that. :ohmy:

I was sitting here with my knife and fork eating the three chicken legs I cooked up. Son #1 walked in and started to laugh at me. "This is how you eat chicken legs." So he picked up the last one and ate it all. With no knife and fork. And he was still laughing as he went out the door. I have to smack that kid. I know I taught him better manners than that. :ohmy:
Better manners than eating with his hands or better manners than eating with out a knife and fork? ;)

dw took the boy down the shore with her best bud and her son who are visiting from so. cal..

i got to stay home to pick weeds and clean the pool during a thunderstorm. :huh:

now i'm trying to decide if i shoulld go food shopping and make dinner, or just go out. maybe thai, or japanese.

sushi again? :pig:

Babetoo, could you afford to just throw up your hands and say to heck with it all, and wallow in those down feelings for a while? Seems like the old optimism and energy creep back in after a period of time whether you ask for them or not.
From your past postings it sounds like you're a pretty tough cookie. Many kind hearts here are wishing you the best.

Good vibes to you, too, Katie.

that is pretty much what i am doing , then i feel guilty when things don't get done. so wallow, i will. thanks so much!

I am sitting here waiting for bf to get close enough to home to start cooking the pork for stir fry. He must think I'm a wizard. I creep on him using the "find my iPhone" app lol. We have a family plan and both phones are in my name, so I can look at a map and see exactly how far from home he is. I know it's sort of creepy, but I only use it to have a better idea when to start dinner. He is really bad about telling me when he will get home, because he doesn't check his phone much when he's driving (which is smart!)

skittle, you really should tell him what you are doing and why. i mean, if it's really innocent he'll understand. otherwise, it appears you don't trust him and are spying.
not good.

buckytom said:
skittle, you really should tell him what you are doing and why. i mean, if it's really innocent he'll understand. otherwise, it appears you don't trust him and are spying.
not good.

I like that he is so amazed that dinner is always 5 min away when he gets home lol. It wouldn't be nearly as impressive if he knew how I did it. I'll tell on myself some day.

well, good luck, but it's a bad practice for such a small thing.

mistrust is huge, and you're risking bringing that into your relationship for a gimmick.

you should at least make him aware that it's possible for you to be able to do. you know, at some other time so he doesn't figure out your culinary trickery. then it's on him not to be a dumbass.

Last edited:
Morning guys :)

This morning I am going to the physio, so love getting my shoulder massaged once a fortnight ;)

Steve is then going to the physio tonight for the first time to see what they can do for his back..is is certainly muscular but he has had this pain for about a year now...I told him it was time to get it looked at :)

Hope everyone has had a lovely day!

You are on holidays now aren't you Tom?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom