What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi kylie. yes, on vacation/holiday. not that i would have noticed, though, lol.

we'll goto a lake tomorrow, maybe the beach later in the week. awaiting marching orders from dw.

then, negotiations start, lol. call me buckytros, buckytros gahli.

Last edited:
I just woke up from a great night's sleep.

I didn't get any work done on the rooms today but we got our fridge completely torn apart and cleaned and DH worked on it once again. It is draining water down under the crispers at an alarming rate and we are just trying to get by until we can get a new one. We will probably get this one fixed and use it as our spare.

So, today I am going to do my closet doors and remove an antique desk from my soon to be studio and put it in the hallway where it will fit nicely and look beautiful. Only problem is this will make another huge project because it currently holds all Dad's papers, etc. and I am just not ready to deal with them at the moment. This is all the stuff I have collected through the estate and papers he kept that I didn't need.
Laurie,
I understand the peper mess, First I had daddy's, then Mom's I put them all in a box that would hold them then put a plastic large bag over all. I've been working on them on and off for some time now. Still have much to do but. I can at least see daylight at the end of the road. Just set the papers aside and take it one day at a time. You will get it done.
ma

buckytom said:
well, good luck, but it's a bad practice for such a small thing.

mistrust is huge, and you're risking bringing that into your relationship for a gimmick.

you should at least make him aware that it's possible for you to be able to do. you know, at some other time so he doesn't figure out your culinary trickery. then it's on him not to be a dumbass.

He knows it's possible- we have used it before when he couldn't find his phone and thought he might have left it at a friend's house.

I just went out to the street and moved my car into the garage. I was going to be lazy and leave it 'til tomorrow, but we have a "Severe Thunderstorm Watch", "...Weather conditions for these regions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms. Some of these storms could produce large hail - damaging winds - heavy rain and intense lightning...

No, I'm not leaving Sigrid (my new-to-me Volvo) outside to risk hail damage. :ohmy:

Sounds great Tom...wonderful week ahead for you all, good to hear :)

I have just returned from the physio and she said it was my last appointment YAY!!

I have only needed 6 in total once a fortnight. She said I have been so good with the exercises that it has healed really nicely and that I only need to do the theraband exercise from now on, not any of the pulley ones or stretching ones and for only another 6 weeks ;)

I am pretty happy with all this :)

I just went out to the street and moved my car into the garage. I was going to be lazy and leave it 'til tomorrow, but we have a "Severe Thunderstorm Watch", "...Weather conditions for these regions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms. Some of these storms could produce large hail - damaging winds - heavy rain and intense lightning...

No, I'm not leaving Sigrid (my new-to-me Volvo) outside to risk hail damage. :ohmy:

I actually just saw that on the news. We had rain all night and morning but in the afternoon it turned nice - not summer hot, just right!

I am patting myself on the back is what I am doing right now! Our office is cramped with our chairs hitting back to back and we aren't ready to move DH's desk (the one I am now using) into his new office. Dad brought over here a beautiful antique desk that was beside his computer desk (the one DH uses at the moment). It had been my great aunt's and we want to keep it in the family. It is now sitting in our hallway and I was able to move DH's current desk over and now we have room to move! :)

DH just came home for a quick break and loves what I did! And is even more happy that I did it in a way I wouldn't hurt my back. :rolleyes:

I am still in shock. I have a son who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I heard the news on the radio at 6 AM that morning. When they said that the shootings happened at a movie theater, I relaxed a little because my son doesn't go to movies. I was so glad when I got to talk to him later. What a terrible, terrible tragedy.

JoAnn, I am so glad he is okay and you got to talk to him. My prayers are with you, him and all those involved. Such a tragedy.

LPBeier said:
JoAnn, I am so glad he is okay and you got to talk to him. My prayers are with you, him and all those involved. Such a tragedy.

+1

What an unbelievable tragedy.

Up late suffering some severe cramps. I was delayed today coming home because of a huge storm. I was helping clear trees and directing traffic so when I got into town I grabbed a piece of pizza from a pizzeria and it looked pretty old. Anyway, here I am. Bad moon risin'. Sorry, gotta go.

Up late suffering some severe cramps. I was delayed today coming home because of a huge storm. I was helping clear trees and directing traffic so when I got into town I grabbed a piece of pizza from a pizzeria and it looked pretty old. Anyway, here I am. Bad moon risin'. Sorry, gotta go.

Good on you Rock, helping out like that
thumb.gif

Hope the cramps have gone

I am still in shock. I have a son who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I heard the news on the radio at 6 AM that morning. When they said that the shootings happened at a movie theater, I relaxed a little because my son doesn't go to movies. I was so glad when I got to talk to him later. What a terrible, terrible tragedy.

I have been hearing a lot about those shootings over here too...such a tragedy indeed :(

So glad that your son is okay JoAnn :)

My step-daughter was a substitute teacher in the school district during the Columbine shootings...took us hours to find out if she was okay.

Two of my step kids and their families live in Aurora. They are all okay. Mom worked and shopped in Aurora, but they moved away a few years ago.

All around, just a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to the victims and their families.

I read two stories of the victims of the Aurora shootings. One was of Jessica Gwai who was a sports blogger. Apparently two months ago she was in the shopping mall in Toronto where a shooter killed two and injured others. She just left the food court before it happened. She wrote in her blog that these are life changing moments and you never know when fate is going to step in and it is your time. Sadly, two months later she died at the hands of another gunman.

Mickala (not sure of spelling) was the other one. Her friends were trying to drag her out of the theatre when the security (or police I am not sure) told them to leave her and go. They did so reluctantly and the family didn't know if she was alive or not, lying in that theatre. When I saw a picture of all the victims and saw her name, I knew the answer.

This is what makes it a tragedy - there are stories behind each and every victim. But more often than not we hear the killer's story, not those of the victims.

Good morning everyone :)

I have had a lovely shower, done a load of washing and hung it all out and now enjoying a cup of coffee ;)

I am going to visit mum this morning for a coffee and a chat, I love going and spending time with my lovely mum :)

Hoping everyone has had a superb day!

That sounds lovely SB :)

How old is your daughter?
She is 13. We got her when she was 3 days old. We had to wait 6 months before we could go to court & legally adopt her. Happiest day of our lives. It's worth remebering it every year.:)

simonbaker said:
She is 13. We got her when she was 3 days old. We had to wait 6 months before we could go to court & legally adopt her. Happiest day of our lives. It's worth remebering it every year.:)

SB, this will be added to what made me smile! Congrats!!!

Back
Top Bottom