What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not been up long, but have done my Theraband exercises and been on the exercise bike..now enjoying a coffee :)

I had a funny smell in my refrigerator and could not locate it. It was a chemical smell and not a rotten food thing. I spent all morning looking for bad wires or coolant leaks or something. Then I googled "chemical smell in fridge". Some said to look for bad wires or leaks of some kind. After yelling at the computer for telling me something I already had tried, I saw another poster that said that rotten citrus can smell like that. Needless to say I had forgotten about a leftover lime in the bottom of the crisper drawer! Now the fridge smells fresh again, and the garbage can in the garage has a funny chemical smell...

You owe me a new monitor!!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Just come back from mums :)

We had a lovely chat and a couple of coffees, always nice to see mum :)

Now time for lunch!

Well, I'm glad I could provide you some entertainment PF! Maybe I should have posted on the "today's funny" thread. I think I have an old dinosaur monitor in the basement, but the shipping would be outrageous. It is quite big and heavy!

Well, I'm glad I could provide you some entertainment PF! Maybe I should have posted on the "today's funny" thread. I think I have an old dinosaur monitor in the basement, but the shipping would be outrageous. It is quite big and heavy!

I was fine until the last line...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

PrincessFiona60 said:
I was fine until the last line...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Gotcha there, huh? I'm wondering if I should tell Hubby or just let him try to figure out what that smell in the garage is. ;)

Rock, do you think the cramps were from the pizza?
Sorry belated answer. Yes. I am almost certain it was from the Pizza. It came, it went. My girlfriend and my daughter all ate the same thing as me over the same 24 hours except I ate the pizza. I had no other symptoms other than severe cramps in my lower abdemen and then...well...you know. That's what I get for eating anything....

We must be cursed. SO has had a hummingbird feeder in her garden for two seasons. We have never seen a single bird! The feeder is similar to the one pictured and we follow the directions to a "T". Every one else we talk to has plenty of birds. We have none.

I don't get it.

Andy you need three things in your yard for the birds to come. Food, water and a place of safety to fly to. The feeder and water need to be near a tree or somewhere they can fly to quickly for safety. They are also attracted by brightly colored flowers. For meat eaters, dirt where they can find bugs and worms. When the flowers go to seed, it will attract the seed eating birds. If you are not into planting flowers, I would suggest you plant perennials. they will come up each year without any help from you. Tulips, Irises, Gladiolas, and any other flower that starts with a bulb. Everything should be located away from the house. Yet within sight of a window so you can watch them. If you put in a bird bath, you need to change the watere at least once a wek if not more often. Depending how often the birds visit it. Bright flowers will also atrtract butterflies.

Hope this info helps. :angel:

Thanks for the tips Addie. We have all that. Tons of brightly colored flowers, a couple of bird baths and trees galore.

Andy M. said:
Thanks for the tips Addie. We have all that. Tons of brightly colored flowers, a couple of bird baths and trees galore.

One other thing I read, you need to get the feeder out early to mid-April here, it might need to go out earlier in MA. My hummers remind me by buzzing me and glaring in the window.

My dad had dozens of hummers when he lived in Arizona. He would just mix up sugar and water, no boiling, and pour it in the feeders. I do NOT recommend doing that! His feeders were all black with mold, and I don't think it was good for the hummers!

I cut Steve's hair when he got home from work and then had a lovely hot shower

Have just had dinner and now relaxing with a cuppa and some biscuits :)

Getting ready to leave for work. A busy friday ahead today. We need to be done & have the card loaded by 3 today. Weekend family reunion this weekend. All my brothers & sisters as well as their spouses & kids, 40 people total, we all stay together in a large lodge for the weekend. Dh & I host it every year & take care of the food. It is always alot of fun.

I plugged in the scooter and started to get dressed to make a run to CVS. Son showed up and asked me where did I think I was going. It's raining out. Can't take the scooter out in the rain. So he ran the errands for me. So I am staying in and cleaning up here inside. :ermm:

Got up early (grudgingly) because the cats were tapdancing on my head. Working on my second cup of coffee now after cleaning the kitchen (YIKES!), getting the turkey in to brine and checking on all the outside plants. Bugs's apple has sprouted! She is going to be so pleased. Going to repot some more aloes. I have about 60 bazillion all sprouted up again. Sheesh!

One other thing I read, you need to get the feeder out early to mid-April here, it might need to go out earlier in MA. My hummers remind me by buzzing me and glaring in the window.

My dad had dozens of hummers when he lived in Arizona. He would just mix up sugar and water, no boiling, and pour it in the feeders. I do NOT recommend doing that! His feeders were all black with mold, and I don't think it was good for the hummers!

I think we were late getting it out last year. We were quite early this year due to the mild weather to be sure we attracted them. No luck.

I think we were late getting it out last year. We were quite early this year due to the mild weather to be sure we attracted them. No luck.

I think starting in March you need to don this outfit and dance in the yard for two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening to attract the fellows with the white coats and butterfly nets errr, hummingbirds.

Attachments

• humming bird.jpg
    humming bird.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 181
I think starting in March you need to don this outfit and dance in the yard for two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening to attract the fellows with the white coats and butterfly nets errr, hummingbirds.

:ohmy: I think Andy would look divine in that outfit.

PrincessFiona60 said:

ROFL!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Got up early (grudgingly) because the cats were tapdancing on my head. Working on my second cup of coffee now after cleaning the kitchen (YIKES!), getting the turkey in to brine and checking on all the outside plants. Bugs's apple has sprouted! She is going to be so pleased. Going to repot some more aloes. I have about 60 bazillion all sprouted up again. Sheesh!

An aloe I planted last year has put out a flower stalk, which I didn't expect. Do they make usable seeds? How do you get sprouts -- I'd like to have some more plants. TIA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom