What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady said:
It's only a problem if the baby isn't Rh-, and then it's a problem with the next Rh+ child, not the first one. If both parents are Rh-, the baby will be too. The baby might be Rh- even if one or both parents are Rh+.

I was lucky. I had to be concerned with the Rh factor because I have A- blood and Hubby has B+ blood. My first born was B+ so I had to get the shot right after having him. My second child was AB- so it was no problem.

I didn't know all of the particulars when it comes to blood, and when I saw O plasma going into my son during a transfusion (the son with AB- blood) I freaked a little. Then I was educated. ;)

I was lucky. I had to be concerned with the Rh factor because I have A- blood and Hubby has B+ blood. My first born was B+ so I had to get the shot right after having him. My second child was AB- so it was no problem.

I didn't know all of the particulars when it comes to blood, and when I saw O plasma going into my son during a transfusion (the son with AB- blood) I freaked a little. Then I was educated. ;)
When I was pregnant I had to explain the heredity part to the doctor. They were anxious to get my blood type (because of the possible Rh problem) even though I was in my first trimester. I said, "Sure, get my blood type, but it won't be a problem. The father is O-." Doctor, "It could still be a problem." Me, "How? If I am Rh-, so is the baby, and if I'm Rh+, it isn't a problem." Doctor, "Are you sure about that?" "What, if I'm Rh+, there could be a problem?" "No, but are you sure the baby can't be Rh+ if you are Rh-?"

"Want me to draw you the grid?"

Sitting here relaxing after shopping and figuring out meals to make with the food I bought. Decisions, decisions...

Even though I had plenty of food on hand I still bought another $111 more - and I live alone!

Wow. Sounds like my day! I live alone too, also went grocery shopping this morning and spent the same amount. :huh: I have a good amount in the pantry too, but have been using up a lot from the freezer lately and stocked up on a lot of things. I'm good now for the next several months. :)

Been a busy day today - I cleaned and chopped veggies for green salads, steamed fresh corn for a corn and black bean salad, threw a couple of potatoes in the steamer basket with the corn to make potato salad, halved a nice big chuck roast and slow cooked half of it to shred for a mexican feast, and the other half is now marinating in the fridge with a teriyaki blend....separated bulk packages of chicken and pork chops into "me" size freezer bags :), roasted some beets, shredded some cheese for enchiladas....oy...

Watching the olympics now with a bowl of vanilla ice cream and blueberries and relaxing. :LOL:

We have just driven up to the bottle shop and bought a couple of 1Litre bottles of Jim Beam :)

They were on a good special at $45.00 each, not bad for a litre ;)

So we are now having some afternoon drinks :)

Thanks Cheryl :)

We dont drink that often so it is nice when we do have some drinks

We are also celebrating how well our latest game is doing on Big Fish Games

It got up to number 8 in the Top 100, so lots of sales happening, we are well pleased
banana.gif

I hope some of that was stocking up. :)

Oh, yeah. I'd been working on my overstuffed freezer for awhile, so it was time to fill in some gaps.

I only go to this Save-A-Lot once a month, so it's usually a fairly big purchase. They also have the diced stewed tomatoes and cream of something soups so I buy a bunch of each. I also stocked up on snacks. They had several types of Chex mixes for $1 each, plus I've been buying granola bars lately. I want to try several kinds to see what I like before tackling making some myself.

Today's dinner will be slow roasted pork butt. I overcooked the last one to an internal temperature of over 200°! Now I know what velveting is. The meat turned out delicious, but I finally used it up.

August 1st - The Vet´s Birthday

Port of Call Corfu, 60 km via ferry from Bari, Italia ... We are taking a ferry trip for 3 days 2 nights, to the Ionian Island of Corfu.

The confluence of cultures in Corfu, is a direct result of the ancient occupations and warriors, The Venetians, The French, The Normans and later the British. These foreign legacies can be found throughout Corfu, especially in its architecture and cuisine.

The gastronomy is profoundly influenced by the Italians, spicy tomato sauces, braised roasts and lots of shellfish and fish.

So, we shall be on vacation for 3 days and 2 nights, and then back to the Kitchen & Dining room reforming ...

Have lovely summer,
Ciao, Margi.

Just got home from the festival, it's hot out there. Had a lovely lunch of beef pasties with gravy...Soul Food! The Dancers were great and so was the music. Shrek got pics, so as soon as he uploads them to his computer he will send them to me. One of the dancers couldn't have been more than 6 years old...so cute and so good.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Just got home from the festival, it's hot out there. Had a lovely lunch of beef pasties with gravy...Soul Food! The Dancers were great and so was the music. Shrek got pics, so as soon as he uploads them to his computer he will send them to me. One of the dancers couldn't have been more than 6 years old...so cute and so good.

How fun! Glad you had a good time, PF! Did Shrek get to play his ukelele?

How fun! Glad you had a good time, PF! Did Shrek get to play his ukelele?

Yes, he had a group of people sitting and standing around him. I told him after he should have turned his hat upside down in front of him.:LOL: No singing, but he played lots of traditional tunes on the uke and the mandolin.

Good morning everyone :)

Another lovely sleep in ;)

This morning we are going to Cobbler Creek for a nice walk, looking forward to that :)

Sounds great Fiona, glad you had a nice time :)

Look forward to seeing the photos :)

Sounds great! Can't wait to see the pictures! :)

We are back from our walk...it was lovely, we were out for about an hour and it was so pleasant, such a lovely morning :)

The festival sounds like lots of fun, fiona! Looking forward to the pics. :) Kylie, glad you were able to get a nice walk, and that the weather was nice.

I'm just relaxing now out on the patio, with a glass of wine and a purry kitty in my lap. :) Had a busy day cleaning, still working on the den. Measured all the windows in the house today for new blinds, hoping to get them ordered this coming week.

Back
Top Bottom