What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
12.jpg

17 September is quite a ways off.

I'm watching Cook's Country on PBS while I relax after 4 hours of cleaning the kitchen in my new (new to me) classroom. I'd rather be watching Hell's Kitchen but it's reruns tonight, but then so is Cook's Country. The teacher in the room last year must not believe in cleaning anything. The sink was covered in multi-colors of paint splatters and dirt. The stove had a layer of cooked on grease under a layer of dust. The cabinet drawers had a layer of grit from flaking paint and dirt in the bottom of each drawer and shelves too. The utensils in the drawer hadn't been properly washed before putting them away. Mixer beaters still had dried batter on them. Muffin pans had baked on crud. Apparently they put one pan to soak and left it long enough for it to rust. I washed everything down. The sink now shines. Drawers and shelves are clean with most having new shelf liners. Most dishes and utensils have been scrubbed clean. Still have skillets to clean, more shelves to clean & line and replace the foil covered, rusty drip pans on the stove burners. I'm tired. Tomorrow my stuff from my old classroom is supposed to be moved to the new. Then I get to start unpacking! First back-to-school meetings are August 13. Lots to do!

I know the term is passe', but Atta Girl!

Today, I am gonna go down to our friendly neighborhood motorcycle club and see about helpin' them for a spell. I ain't a member but I have known those guys most of my life. 2 years ago, the clubhouse got burned down by some young'uns that ran out of brains and somethin' better to do. They are in the process of puttin' up a new clubhouse at that location. Heap of work to be done.

12.jpg

17 September is quite a ways off.
Yeah, it is. But, it seems like there has been construction on that street for years. There was a field/wooded area that got razed. Condos (apartment building style) were built all along that side of the street.

That's why the sidewalk and street surface are so crapulous - lots of heavy trucks. Yes, they did drive onto the sidewalk. I hope the city will fix that after they are done tearing up the street for the water main work. They aren't actually tearing up the whole street, just digging pits for the work.

I have a theory about street construction.

Some contractor had money left over from a previous job, and rather give it back to the city, they dig up a street or sidewalk. Whether it is needed or not. Can't let the citizens get used to happy living. :ermm:

Addie said:
I have a theory about street construction.

Some contractor had money left over from a previous job, and rather give it back to the city, they dig up a street or sidewalk. Whether it is needed or not. Can't let the citizens get used to happy living. :ermm:

After they get it all dug up they probably say, "Oops! It was more expensive than we expected. We need $$$$$ to finish it."

Well, I was at school from 8:30 till 3:45 waiting for my stuff to be moved to my new classroom. I changed a dentist appointment so I could be there to tell them where to put the big stuff. Did they show up? NOOOO!!!! Did they call to explain? NOOO! I called (10:45am) to ask if they forgot. The secretary said she showed them what needed to be moved yesterday and they were supposed to move it this morning. The principal was in a meeting so I couldn't sick him on them. So I spent the day washing more dishes, matching lids to containers and cleaning another cabinet. Would you believe there were about 10 lids without matching containers? Usually it's the lids that are missing. I also talked to the shop teacher about putting one of my kids in his class, the librarian about low level books, the activities director about one of my students who happens to be her nephew, two office secretaries, the 7-8th grade special education teacher and met the 7-8th grade science teacher. If they don't get my stuff moved soon I'm going to run out of things that I can do without my stuff. : frustrated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night we bought our new TV online :)

I am so excited!

We bought a Samsung 55" 3D LED LCD Smart TV...it is brilliant :)

We could have got it at Harvey Norman on sale at $1,898 but found it online for $1,676 and free delivery. They did not have any left in the Adelaide warehouse so we are getting it shipped from the Victorian warehouse, it will be delivered next Wednesday...one week to go

It is massive!

Most of the morning I have been moving TV cabinets around...I have moved the older one as it is too small for the size of our new TV and I have put another one we had which is the exact size...the new TV will "just" fit on it, but it is a lovely TV cabinet so we may not buy a new one since the TV does fit on it

I have cleaned up the other cabinet we were using and we are giving that to mum, along with our current TV, so that she can have it all set up in her bedroom

So I am been doing heaps of rearranging and dusting and the bigger cabinet looks great there, now just waiting for the new TV

Just had a lovely hot shower...so needed it after all that work I have just done and now off to do the grocery shopping :)

We have a 55" Samsung, not all the bells and whistles as it's a couple years old, but you will love it, Kylie!

Last night we bought our new TV online :)

I am so excited!

We bought a Samsung 55" 3D LED LCD Smart TV...it is brilliant :)

We could have got it at Harvey Norman on sale at $1,898 but found it online for $1,676 and free delivery. They did not have any left in the Adelaide warehouse so we are getting it shipped from the Victorian warehouse, it will be delivered next Wednesday...one week to go

It is massive!

Most of the morning I have been moving TV cabinets around...I have moved the older one as it is too small for the size of our new TV and I have put another one we had which is the exact size...the new TV will "just" fit on it, but it is a lovely TV cabinet so we may not buy a new one since the TV does fit on it

I have cleaned up the other cabinet we were using and we are giving that to mum, along with our current TV, so that she can have it all set up in her bedroom

So I am been doing heaps of rearranging and dusting and the bigger cabinet looks great there, now just waiting for the new TV

Just had a lovely hot shower...so needed it after all that work I have just done and now off to do the grocery shopping :)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but do you know that those TVs can spy on you? :ohmy: :ermm:

New Samsung TV Watches You Watching It - Slashdot

I refuse to get anything from Samsung at the moment.

I was looking at a Samsung cell phone today...mad at my favorite telephone company once again (once again, the landline in the City was disconnected because I haven't paid the bill for the farm--which was disconnected on June 21st and the bill was paid in full on the 30th of June...............those are my footprints as I stomp my feet, run in circles, scream and shout)! The farm should no longer have a phone bill, but for some reason, the idiots continue to bill me for it (or credit the wrong #)--I ordered it disconnected in APRIL and picked the date in June--but, since I haven't supposedly paid the bill, once again, my line in the City is cut off because I opted for one bill for both lines!!!!!!! And, of course, I can't call and B*tch because I can't call the phone company which shall remain nameless. I'm so frigging sick of this.

Back to the Samsung phone....I've had this brand of cell phone in the past so I thought maybe I'd go with a prepaid cell...glad I didn't buy it! Need to do more research on plans and coverage in the technological black hole in which I live. I'm going to the farm in the morning so I can use my prepaid US cell phone to call and B*tch.

Last edited:
We have a 55" Samsung, not all the bells and whistles as it's a couple years old, but you will love it, Kylie!

Thanks DL...I am really looking forward to it as we have had an 80cm one now for a few years, so to jump from that to a 140cm...I am thrilled :)

Taxy, our model doesn't come with the built in camera...so I guess we are safe :LOL:

Getting ready to check Shrek's scar..oh yea! That's the exciting thing tonight.

I was successful in beating the migraine last night, just a dull roar today, but nothing blinding...despite the 8 hours on the computer today. Just still a bit nauseated.

Back
Top Bottom