What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sitting here getting used to my smaller computer desk and the fact that my dear hubby isn't sitting back to back with me. Now, when we are busy on our computers we hardly say a word to each other, but it just seems strange we are not in the same room. But I know once we get everything set up in here I am going to love it!

We worked all day long on this project, filling the living room up with items from the two rooms so that we could get the furniture moved, then I can go through everything else and try my best to downsize. DH is really happy in his new space (Dad's room) and doesn't even mind he will be sharing it with a hide-a-bed for guests!. As long as he has his computer, all his computer fixing equipment, parts and software, and a TV he is happy! I have my computer and sewing desk set up and tomorrow we will start with the cake decorating area. Violet has her office bed (she has one in every room) beside me and is sleeping like an angel. The day was very traumatic for her as she hates moving stuff around and UPS beeps (there were a lot of them today).

This morning we went for our walk...quite a long walk and we got caught in the rain

We had coats on but our hair got quite wet, we stopped under a tree but it was not the best cover and it was very windy and raining quite heavy...it was still enjoyable though

Then for lunch we decided to go to the local chippie...we got a seafood box with crumbed prawns, calamari, battered butterfish and chips...very tasty! We ate it in the park close by as it has cleared up by this time

Now we are enjoying some lemon cheesecake and a cup of coffee

kylie, i wonder if the butterfishyou ate is the same we have here. normally ours are pretty small, so they're often used for bait.

what are crumbled prawns?

Hey Tom :)

With the butterfish, it is quite a large fillet. It is also known as Mulloway

Click Here

Click Here

Not crumbled prawns LOL...crumbed prawns that are deep fried, they were coated in Panko crumbs :yum:

no, i really did!

i kept winking at you since you're a stunningly beautiful woman, but i guess you didn't see me.

(still think i need glasses? lol)

Awww with compliments like that, okay, I believe you :LOL:

I think I am nearing the glasses stage myself :rolleyes: just for reading at this point though...close up reading

It's storming here right now. Mostly thunder & lightning but there's sporadic rain. I love the earthy smell during rain. I can't get Simon out from under the bed though. He does not like storms.
I remember going outside to play in the rain and watch the lightning as a kid. I wouldn't do that now. Too many people have been hit by lightning around here. I'm tall and wide. I'd make a good target for it. lol

When we moved to Florida from up north, the huge lightning storms were new to us and so beautiful we all - Mom, Dad, 3 small kids - would take lawn chairs out on the driveway to watch the displays on the far-off night horizon. This was in the early 70's. These days we'd probably be arrested for child endangerment.

What I'm doing now (I'd better justify being on this thread) is planning to fix a board on the wood fence out back this morning. And pull weeds before it rains again this afternoon.

Trying to wake up after a late night. Getting ready to head to a cottage I have for a few days. Got ribs rubbed, steaks, eggs, bacon, fruit, tater chips, salad fixin's, lots of beer..I just need to get it all in the cooler and boxes and get going.....must.....wake......up....

Trying to wake up after a late night. Getting ready to head to a cottage I have for a few days. Got ribs rubbed, steaks, eggs, bacon, fruit, tater chips, salad fixin's, lots of beer..I just need to get it all in the cooler and boxes and get going.....must.....wake......up....
Enjoy! Getting to (and from) the farm now entails the need to pack the car...unpack the car...plan the meals in advance. It was a lot easier when I left more stuff there...

Just rolling out of bed and having coffee. Ahhhh! I slept LATE! It was a fantastic sleep. Looks like another fabulous day here so I think my plan will be:
- do laundry and dry it outside
- clean the house (its scary!)
- take a break to read in the sunshine
- plan the menu for our trip to the mountains next week and make a shopping list
- reorganize and clean out the fridge
- do some more laundry
- make a yummy dinner outside (see dinner thread for details on that)

For now though, I'm going to finish my coffee and count the mosquito bites I got last night on our walk. Rotten little beasties.

This morning we went for our walk...quite a long walk and we got caught in the rain

We had coats on but our hair got quite wet, we stopped under a tree but it was not the best cover and it was very windy and raining quite heavy...it was still enjoyable though

Then for lunch we decided to go to the local chippie...we got a seafood box with crumbed prawns, calamari, battered butterfish and chips...very tasty! We ate it in the park close by as it has cleared up by this time

Now we are enjoying some lemon cheesecake and a cup of coffee
Sounds wonderful. Do you live near the coast? Stirling has good memories of eating at a chippie in Australia, near the coast. He was visiting his grandparents. He said they had an amazing selection of fish and the menu was a chalkboard which listed today's catch. I wish I lived near the ocean.

Last edited:

- do laundry and dry it outside check
- clean the house (its scary!) check
- take a break to read in the sunshine doing computer instead
- plan the menu for our trip to the mountains next week and make a shopping list maybe tomorrow
- reorganize and clean out the fridge not happening...did the closet instead
- do some more laundry check
- make a yummy dinner outside (see dinner thread for details on that) In progress

Sounds wonderful. Do you live near the coast? Stirling has good memories of eating at a chippie in Australia, near the coast. He was visiting his grandparents. He said they had an amazing selection of fish and the menu was a chalkboard which listed today's catch. I wish I lived near the ocean.

Taxy, we dont live by the coast, we are about a 25 minute drive away :)

We have a lot of fish and chip shops around our area though, this one we go to has the tastiest food :)

It is really nice to visit all the coastal suburbs here Taxy, the beaches are so lovely and yes they do have great seafood.

The other weekend we went down to Semaphore beach and had fish and chips by the ocean...very nice :)

Taxy, we dont live by the coast, we are about a 25 minute drive away :)

We have a lot of fish and chip shops around our area though, this one we go to has the tastiest food :)

It is really nice to visit all the coastal suburbs here Taxy, the beaches are so lovely and yes they do have great seafood.

The other weekend we went down to Semaphore beach and had fish and chips by the ocean...very nice :)
25 minute drive? That's near the shore. I live on Montreal Island in the Saint Lawrence River. If I drive along the river for about 7 hours, I get to salt water. I don't like fresh water fish.

Wow, I did not realise it takes you guys so long to get to the ocean :ohmy:

I am now thinking a 25 minute drive is not bad then :)

A lot of people live right on the waterfronts, that would be lovely :)

Back
Top Bottom