What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babetoo said:
ordered and received one of those spiral water hoses. figured would be safer for me if i didn't have to mess with the regular hose. it always tangles. i can't get the damn package opened. another son job. i hate having to depend on other people.

Am interested in your report on the non-tangle hose, Babe. Just saw an infomercial about it today.

babetoo said:
started cleaning craft closet. i have a long table, tried to set up so i can divide things into yes or no piles. i am not strong enough to set the table upright. very very annoying. son due later so he'll have to do it. puts me behind though.

ordered and received one of those spiral water hoses. figured would be safer for me if i didn't have to mess with the regular hose. it always tangles. i can't get the damn package opened. another son job. i hate having to depend on other people.

Packages are so much harder to open than they used to be. I was looking at those hoses too. Hope it works well for you! :)

The MRI I was in today looked like this.

Sort of like an open hamburger bun with you sliding into the middle. The top surface is still only an inch or two away from the tip of your nose. I felt no real sense of being confined in a small space.

IT was still noisy. Lots of banging and whirring and other assorted noises. They were not really an issue.

An Andy Panini...

The MRI I was in today looked like this.

Sort of like an open hamburger bun with you sliding into the middle. The top surface is still only an inch or two away from the tip of your nose. I felt no real sense of being confined in a small space.

IT was still noisy. Lots of banging and whirring and other assorted noises. They were not really an issue.

That one is a lot more modern that the one I was in :)

Mine was not totally enlcosed though and it was very roomy...I certainly dont think it was like the older ones Addie, as my mum has been in this newer one and an older type and she said these ones were not claustrophobic at all...so that is good :)

Andy, were you given headphones?

thought, i could handle it. they had not even closed it up. i freaked. later back in the room, i asked if we had to do it again. they must have drugged me, cause second try was successful.

Yes. I was asked what kind of music I wanted. I cnohose classical as it's soothing. Sadly, it wasn't loud enough to be heard over the thumping.

try orff's "o fortuna" from "carmina burana" next time. or wagner's "ride of the valkyrie" from the ring (i can't recall which one), or tchaikovsky's "1812 overture".

Last edited:
buckytom said:
try orff's "o fortuna" from "carmina burana" next time. or wagner's "ride of the valkyrie" from the ring (i can't recall which one), or tchaikovsky's "1812 overture".

+1

"Hall of the Mountain King" would work too. Or "The Anvil Chorus."

Last edited:

+1

I can't sit still while any of those pieces are playing. I'll have to have some Enya playing.

+1

ooh, good ones.

or andy, how about a good sousa march? ya can't drown out that amazing piccolo solo that hits a flat +1 octave, of course, that rides over top of "stars and stripes forever". i'll never forget that riff . it's all i hear when it's played with something in my gut keeping time.

sorry, gettin" a bit abstract.

my eldest parrot louie and i love to have fun whistling to that little ditty.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
I can't sit still while any of those pieces are playing. I'll have to have some Enya playing.

I listened to some Enya, I really like her! Had not heard of her before.

Last edited by a moderator:
buckytom said:
ooh, good ones.

or andy, how about a good sousa march? ya can't drown out that amazing piccolo lick that rides over top of "stars and stripes forever".
my eldest parrot louie and i love to have fun whistling to that little ditty.

Have never had an MRI. Are Sousa marches an option, and do you have to bring your own parrot? Can parrot go into the hamburger bun/ panini/tube with you?

Last edited:
yes... and no.

the music should be deafening, and the parrot is there to bite your big toe to make sure that your fear of the machine is silly; this is real pain...

Have never had an MRI. Are Sousa marches an option, and do you have to bring your own parrot? Can parrot go into the hamburger bun/ panini/tube with you?
I have heard of people bringing a cat or dog into the MRI. It's awfully expensive to run the machine for a cat or dog, but if someone is in there anyway and doesn't mind the company of a critter...

taxlady said:
I have heard of people bringing a cat or dog into the MRI. It's awfully expensive to run the machine for a cat or dog, but if someone is in there anyway and doesn't mind the company of a critter...

I think that makes sense. If I ever have to get an MRI, I would plan to fit DH, beagle, and any available friend or neighbor in with me.

no reality toe?

afterwards you get an 8x10 of you and the bird on your shoulder.

hey, it works in key west. $5 to let a bird stand on you.

i'm talking medical treatment worth big bucks...

Wait till you get billed for CAT scan and LAB fees...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom