What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm scheduled for surgery on Sept. 20th. The tear is bad enough he thinks I'll be better off in the long run. Not fixing it would lead to advanced arthritis, continued pain and limited movement. Then four weeks recoop followed by 6 weeks of PT. Hopefully all better for the holidays and Aruba in January.

I am glad you are getting it looked after, Andy. And September 20 isn't too far off. I know all about not looking after things (on advice of doctors) and ending up with osteoarthritis everywhere and fibromyalgia. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you wait.

Andy M. said:
I'm scheduled for surgery on Sept. 20th. The tear is bad enough he thinks I'll be better off in the long run. Not fixing it would lead to advanced arthritis, continued pain and limited movement. Then four weeks recoop followed by 6 weeks of PT. Hopefully all better for the holidays and Aruba in January.

Oh dear. Hope you can get it fixed, Andy! And that you got some good and effective painkillers! Glad the timing works.

You'll be back in shape to bounce a mixer off your toilet in no time at all. Best wishes for the whole deal.

tinlizzie said:
It's all worth the bother; you won't be sorry -- and you might want to keep it handy for Halloween. ;)

Great idea! I was thinking for the Mars Curiosity mission....

And Cooper also looks great in it!

Good thing you went and got that MRI. Surgery :ohmy:. Well, I guess it's the best thing for it. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery and some really good pain meds.

Any idea how you tore it?

...Any idea how you tore it?

Not a clue. The most likely explanation is that there was not single catastrophic event that caused it to go from fine to torn. More likely the result of 'wear and tear' over time with some mundane event making the final tear.

It doesn't hep that I'm right-handed. After surgery I will have mobility from the elbow down. No upper arm/shoulder movement allowed except for PT a month after surgery. I'll basically have my upper arm strapped to my side. That should make for some interesting daily challenges.

Andy M. said:
Not a clue. The most likely explanation is that there was not single catastrophic event that caused it to go from fine to torn. More likely the result of 'wear and tear' over time with some mundane event making the final tear.

It doesn't hep that I'm right-handed. After surgery I will have mobility from the elbow down. No upper arm/shoulder movement allowed except for PT a month after surgery. I'll basically have my upper arm strapped to my side. That should make for some interesting daily challenges.

Good thing the next Olympics is 3 years away. We were hoping you would lead Team USA in the Kitchenaid Toilet Toss.

I am heading out soon to buy some fresh strawberries to make a Strawberry Cake today :chef:

Also have a few things I need to do whilst out and about :)

Leaving soon to see the ortho Dr. to find out what the MRI told him and to find out what's in store for me. I looked at the MRI images and while it's cool to look at, it all meant nothing to me. I guess I defer to the Dr.'s diagnosis and course of treatment.

You get showed your MRI's and I have to fight to see my mammograms... asked the tech if she saw the ones from last year, she said, "No!" "Well, I did and I will know if there is something different." Heh, no change!

I see reading farther down you will be having surgery, rooting for you and tossing all kinds of good thoughts your way.

taxlady said:
Halloween, now there's a good idea.

If I wear it for Halloween no kids will trick-or-treat here. Oh wait, they don't anyway! We used to get quite a few, but now they all go where the houses are closer together. Kids seem to be lazy and greedy at Halloween around here. :(

Back
Top Bottom