What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just talked to her. She has a tumor the size of an egg at the front of her brain. She is scared. They are going to operate. Here team is meeting today and will let her know when. I am much better than I was yesterday. Thank you for caring. It does help to know that there are friends in this world.
The good news is they have found the cause. The rest of the good news is it is operable. These are both good things. Scared is probably an understatement--I'd be paralyzed with fear.

What is up with a doctor that says her tumor is the size of an egg? Eggs come in all sizes. When did an egg become a standard unit of measure used in medicine? What grade of egg? Geez.

Hugs to you, your daughter, and all your loved ones. Positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

The good news is they have found the cause. The rest of the good news is it is operable. These are both good things. Scared is probably an understatement--I'd be paralyzed with fear.

What is up with a doctor that says her tumor is the size of an egg? Eggs come in all sizes. When did an egg become a standard unit of measure used in medicine? What grade of egg? Geez.

Hugs to you, your daughter, and all your loved ones. Positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

Thank you. As PF expalined to me, "hold up an egg to your forehead." I was thinking a pullet. Most folks thing large eggs. And that is what it is. She needed a unit of measure to compare the size of the mass to. A "large mass" to most people, this family included, would indicate that most of her brain was covered with it. And that is the term her doctor used when she called and told my daughter to get to the hospital immediately. I understand the language her doctor used. She didn't want my daughter to talk herself out of going immediately in. And she would have without such strong language.

19.15 Hours ( 7.15pm ) in Matera, Basilicata

The Vet, Giacinto, Lucia, their daughter Alessia and I are sitting at an open café in the historical city of Matera having Prosecco ... We are discussing A To Z, including Forums, Blogging, and dinner plans ... Giacinto´s parents shall be along soon to pick up Alessia, and the four of us shall go for dinner at the historic Hotel we always stay at, when in Matera.

Have lovely wkend.

I would like to think in pullet size.
I collected three pullet-sized eggs from the "E" flock today. I know Edna didn't lay one of those--she's in with the Big Hens at night. But there is a definite difference between pullet-sized and Miss Myrtle's eggs. Hers are definitely Grade AAA+. She'd give a duck a run for its money in an egg-laying competition. I better not let any doctors see Myrtle's eggs.

Addie said:
I just talked to her. She has a tumor the size of an egg at the front of her brain. She is scared. They are going to operate. Here team is meeting today and will let her know when. I am much better than I was yesterday. Thank you for caring. It does help to know that there are friends in this world.

Addie, my friend's tumor was just as you described. It was really close to the optic nerve, and her med team did a great job of removing it. Thankfully it was non-cancerous, apparently most tumors of this kind are not cancerous. Her after-care therapist had had a similar operation, apparently it's more common than we would think. She is now back 100%, working and driving. They did not have to shave her whole head. There's a scar, but her hair hides it. My primary care Dr. also had a similar tumor removed a couple years ago, he's also back 100%.

Hoping for the best for your daughter!

+2

Enjoying a weekend off after vacation. Why is it those 4 day weeks feel so much longer than a regular week?

Addie, my friend's tumor was just as you described. It was really close to the optic nerve, and her med team did a great job of removing it. Thankfully it was non-cancerous, apparently most tumors of this kind are not cancerous. Her after-care therapist had had a similar operation, apparently it's more common than we would think. She is now back 100%, working and driving. They did not have to shave her whole head. There's a scar, but her hair hides it. My primary care Dr. also had a similar tumor removed a couple years ago, he's also back 100%.

Hoping for the best for your daughter!

Thank you. They are going to operate early Monday morning. which is a good thing. Nothing is worse than laying in your bed and your surgery is scheduled for the afternoon. She has had a severe case of Alopecia a couple of times and lost all her hair. So she has a collection of wigs. And I think all of this will bring it on again. Right now they have her heavily medicated to keep her calm. I am tryinjg to keep a :) on my face.

I collected three pullet-sized eggs from the "E" flock today. I know Edna didn't lay one of those--she's in with the Big Hens at night. But there is a definite difference between pullet-sized and Miss Myrtle's eggs. Hers are definitely Grade AAA+. She'd give a duck a run for its money in an egg-laying competition. I better not let any doctors see Myrtle's eggs.

Thank you for the laugh. Are the pullets from Mrs Broody's babies? Are they laying eggs already? :ermm:

This morning we are going to go for a walk and then this afternoon we are going to prop ourselves on the lounge and watch The Lorax in 3D :)

The Vet, Giacinto, Lucia, their daughter Alessia and I are sitting at an open café in the historical city of Matera having Prosecco ... We are discussing A To Z, including Forums, Blogging, and dinner plans ... Giacinto´s parents shall be along soon to pick up Alessia, and the four of us shall go for dinner at the historic Hotel we always stay at, when in Matera.

Have lovely wkend.

Margi, it sounds like a lovely spot and that you are all having a great time :)

Enjoy your dinner!

I'm getting ready to go to the farmer's market and hopefully find some Kirby cucumbers. The pickles I made from regular cucumbers turned out soft. Have to figure out where I went wrong and fix it. I promised DH to make dill pickle soup this winter ;)

The farmers market sounds great, hope you find the cucumbers you are after GG :)

Thank you for the laugh. Are the pullets from Mrs Broody's babies? Are they laying eggs already? :ermm:
No--these are the 5 Lohmanns I bought on July 23rd to increase the egg count since the Rhode Island Reds we bought earlier in July are only laying 3/5 eggs/day (there are 10 of them) and so many of my friends want eggs. Miss Broody's batch are only 2 months old--they hatched the 17th of June. I will have a funny story just for you, Addie, either later tonight or tomorrow morning--or maybe I should wait until Monday morning to give you a giggle to distract you during your daughter's surgery.

No--these are the 5 Lohmanns I bought on July 23rd to increase the egg count since the Rhode Island Reds we bought earlier in July are only laying 3/5 eggs/day (there are 10 of them) and so many of my friends want eggs. Miss Broody's batch are only 2 months old--they hatched the 17th of June. I will have a funny story just for you, Addie, either later tonight or tomorrow morning--or maybe I should wait until Monday morning to give you a giggle to distract you during your daughter's surgery.

I am looking forward to Monday. I will definitely need a laugh by then.

I am looking forward to Monday. I will definitely need a laugh by then.
Monday's Chicken Chronicles will be dedicated to you, Addie. I'll do my best to write it in such a way you will laugh, and hopefully, throughout the day, chickle and smile, oops, chuckle and smile.

Back
Top Bottom