What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
St. Cloud tech. I'm taking intro to communication studies, intermediate algebra, general biology, medical terminology, and infection control. All I really have are a couple notebooks, pens and pencils, graphing calculator, and my laptop. Can't really think of much more I would need... If you think of anything else I should have I would appreciate the input :) I'm a little nervous and would like to be prepared.

Oh, Skittle! You need a coffee card! And chocolate! And a couple of different colored highliters.:rolleyes:

St. Cloud tech. I'm taking intro to communication studies, intermediate algebra, general biology, medical terminology, and infection control. All I really have are a couple notebooks, pens and pencils, graphing calculator, and my laptop. Can't really think of much more I would need... If you think of anything else I should have I would appreciate the input :) I'm a little nervous and would like to be prepared.

...and index cards...especially for Medical Terminology...they make perfect study materials, flash cards.

My granddaughter went to Orientation for nursing school today. She was so nervous. She wanted her mother to go with her, but of course that was impossible.

I am sitting here waiting for my son to bring me my bananas. My potasium was low today. I went to Winthrop this morning to have the dressing removed from the incision. While I was there, they took some blood and checked me out. A procedure I have to have every time I go in for a catherization. The dye can do a number on your kidneys. I came home exhausted. I have also been having some serious angina pain in my chest and arms. With all that has been happening this week, I am not surprised. I knew what the problem was. But I was so tired, all I could do was keep my nitro spray bottle in my hand. I tried to sleep, but the phone just kept ringing, and ringing. I finally got up because of the pain in my chest, used the nitro and took my meds that I should have taken in the morning. If I don't take my meds when I am supposed to, I can feel it. After about a half hour I began to feel better. I am now back to my old self.

My daughter came home from the hospital today. I will go to her house tomorrow to see how she is doing. The physical therapist checked her out to make sure she could walk, feed herself, etc. before they would sign her off to go home. We still have to wait a week before her report comes back from pathology. In the meantime I have a smile on my face and ready to do whatever is necessary to get her well.

I can't thank all of you enough for your support. You have no idea how much I look for it. When I went to Winthrop this morning, everybody just came up and gave me such big hugs. Even my doctor. That personal person to person touch can have such a great effect. I had no idea. I am the tough one. I can handle anything. Well, not this time. I didn't realize just how much I needed everyones support. Thank you so much. We still hve a long road to go. But with all the support from all my friends I am going to be okay. :angel:

My daughter came home from the hospital today. I will go to her house tomorrow to see how she is doing. The physical therapist checked her out to make sure she could walk, feed herself, etc. before they would sign her off to go home. We still have to wait a week before her report comes back from pathology. In the meantime I have a smile on my face and ready to do whatever is necessary to get her well.

I'm very happy to read this. Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm reading up on what you told me this morning. More Hugs, prayers and good thoughts to you and yours. Love ya!

PrincessFiona60 said:
I'm very happy to read this. Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm reading up on what you told me this morning. More Hugs, prayers and good thoughts to you and yours. Love ya!

+1

Take care, sweetie!

Thank you to all of you. When I take my meds on time, I do just fine. I just have to remember to take them like I am supposed to. I have this bad habit of putting other things and people first before myself. I need to learn a new behavior pattern. :angel:

Addie said:
Thank you to all of you. When I take my meds on time, I do just fine. I just have to remember to take them like I am supposed to. I have this bad habit of putting other things and people first before myself. I need to learn a new behavior pattern. :angel:

Definitely take care of yourself. It's not just for your benefit. The healthier you are the stronger you will be and the stronger you are the more you can be there for people. That's how you trick the caregiver mind into letting you take care of yourself. You make it realize that if you don't, others have to take care of you.

We have been making Buttermilk Hotcakes...we had them for lunch, naughty lunch I know :LOL:

We also did some gardening and I have been playing the Criminal MInds Hidden Object Game that I recently bought...it is great :)

50 lb tomatoes, 10 lb beans, 2 doz ears of corn--and a little story about the ladies just for Addie. Glad to hear your daughter is home and thinking about you every hour. {{{Hugs}}} If I weren't afraid of dozing off while processing the veggies, I would have a spirit candle burning. It's burning in my heart.

50 lb tomatoes, 10 lb beans, 2 doz ears of corn--and a little story about the ladies just for Addie. Glad to hear your daughter is home and thinking about you every hour. {{{Hugs}}} If I weren't afraid of dozing off while processing the veggies, I would have a spirit candle burning. It's burning in my heart.

Fifty pounds of tomatoes? I buy one heirloom tomato a month and have trouble using all of it. I love the chicken story. Thank you. I just love those girls. :angel:

CWS4322 said:

CWS, how do you do it? I'm exhausted with 3 pounds of tomatoes and a handful of green beans!

Woman, you amaze me.

Hello everyone! :) Just checking in real quick for now - I've been on vacation all week at my daughter's. Had a wonderful time with the little grandsons, lots of shopping, restaurants, jacuzzi-ing....almost didn't want to come home. :LOL: She's expecting baby #3 and we just found out it's another boy! :wub: I've missed DC, and have a lot of catching up to do with y'all here! :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone! :) Just checking in real quick for now - I've been on vacation all week at my daughter's. Had a wonderful time with the little grandsons, lots of shopping, restaurants, jacuzzi-ing....almost didn't want to come home. :LOL: She's expecting baby #3 and we just found out it's another boy! :wub: I've missed DC, and have a lot of catching up to do with y'all here! :)

Hello Cheryl, so pleased to hear you have had such a wonderful time away :)

You have been missed

I just bought a cast iron ribbed skillet pan for cooking steaks..so pleased!

We cook a lot of steaks and thought it was a bout time we bought one of these and now we will get the cool lines through the meat too :)

It is Trenton brand, made in New Jersey :)

I just bought a cast iron ribbed skillet pan for cooking steaks..so pleased!

We cook a lot of steaks and thought it was a bout time we bought one of these and now we will get the cool lines through the meat too :)

It is Trenton brand, made in New Jersey :)
Are you sure it's not from Trenton, the city, in New Jersey? Never heard of Trenton brand.

Sitting here with a PITA literally. I have had a pinched sciatic for a week+.
Hoping I can get some help making a chocolate pound cake.

Back
Top Bottom