What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am at the moment patting myself on the back.

We did some more work on the rooms today and we got the chest of drawers out of the closet and into DH's room. It mostly has office stuff and his cables, disks, computer parts so is more his.

Anyway, I went to Walmart yesterday and got one of those organizers you hang from the clothes rod in the closet and put shoes and other things in. I paid $9.00 for it and I hung it up and put all my fabric in it. I can lay them flat with the fold out and so I can see each one and they are protected and out of the way. I am going to get another one for my wool next. This is saving me so much space! :angel:

Bunny It is Applewood Country Gifts and Tearoom in the heart of Delta/Surrey, probably easy for you to get to from the border. I hope you can bring your friend there sometime. You will love it. You can pop in or reserve a time for a real "afternoon tea" with sandwiches and goodies. We just had tea and scones!

Maybe some other time you can come and meet ME there. :)

What a lovely place. I want to be a Canadian. We used to have a tea room similar to that one eons ago. It was right in the heart of downtown Boston. :cool:

I am at the moment patting myself on the back.

We did some more work on the rooms today and we got the chest of drawers out of the closet and into DH's room. It mostly has office stuff and his cables, disks, computer parts so is more his.

Anyway, I went to Walmart yesterday and got one of those organizers you hang from the clothes rod in the closet and put shoes and other things in. I paid $9.00 for it and I hung it up and put all my fabric in it. I can lay them flat with the fold out and so I can see each one and they are protected and out of the way. I am going to get another one for my wool next. This is saving me so much space! :angel:

Cool idea! I got one for my t-shirts and sweaters. Works great and I can hang more uniforms...:rolleyes:

Cool idea! I got one for my t-shirts and sweaters. Works great and I can hang more uniforms...:rolleyes:

I have no closet space in our room so I need to use what I do have for hanging clothes. But I have lots of drawer space. But the closet in my "studio" has a good sized closet and I want to really utilize all the space. I will hang sewing projects, mending etc. and probably any clothes that are out of season.

DH is making me a shelf to go on the bottom of the closet that will fit those baskets that are becoming so popular and I will fill them with notions, craft materials, etc. And he will build another shelf up top for long term storage. We will get a storage unit that has wide but shallow shelves in it from IKEA for my cake supplies. It will fit nicely under one of the tables, but rolls out when you need it.

What a lovely place. I want to be a Canadian. We used to have a tea room similar to that one eons ago. It was right in the heart of downtown Boston. :cool:

Addie, come and visit me and I will take you for tea....but not here. We will go across on the ferry to Victoria (our provincial capitol) on Vancouver Island. At the Empress Hotel there, they have high tea at 4pm every day, just like in England. It is an awesome experience.

I'm trying to calm myself (and my dogs) right now. We had a little scare as one of the roof tops of one of the buildings behind us caught on fire and it was a wicked blaze. These units were built in the 80's and are all wood. It took awhile for them to get to the blaze as it was a back suite (actually engulfed two upper suites). Five fire trucks came but they got it out fairly quickly. It was a building right near the creek which runs through the complex so could have caught many of the trees on fire and then other buildings. Our Fire station is right around the corner from us and they are amazing.

We weren't in any danger but our friends on the other side of the creek could have been.

They say everyone got out but they ended up evacuating 4 upper suites and two bottom ones. They will be out for awhile as there will be water damage in all of them.

We are back home :)

We went to a kitchen shop and bought a Pizza Stone as we are going to be making our own pizzas again ;)

Also went to a hardware shop and garden centre and to the shops to get some groceries

Oh, Ms M, I really feel for you. I have had scatica problems for years. Not fun at all. Wish I was close and would happily make your pound cake! :)
Thank you LP.
Was seeming like it was getting better but was only fooling me!! :(

Waiting for word on my sister's condition. She had a stroke last night. She was alert and talking, but she has bleeding in her brain from an aneurysm and was in a lot of pain. She is in surgery right now. According to the doctor this type of case "doesn't usually end well." :(

Barbara,
I'm praying for both you and your sister as well as the doctors and medical staff taking care of her.

I have spent the past hour trying to get my granddaughter calmed down. Her father died this morning from complications from diabetes. The hospital called her to come to the hospital to identify him. She is a divorced single mother of three small children and certainly hasn't the money to bury him. No insurance. She has been trying to get in touch with his brothers and other family members. No one is home. What a mess.
The hospital wants to know what to do with the body. She doesn't have an answer for them.

Does it ever end? I have to get dressed and go to my daughter's home. I want just an hour of calm right now. :(

Addie said:
I have spent the past hour trying to get my granddaughter calmed down. Her father died this morning from complications from diabetes. The hospital called her to come to the hospital to identify him. She is a divorced single mother of three small children and certainly hasn't the money to bury him. No insurance. She has been trying to get in touch with his brothers and other family members. No one is home. What a mess.
The hospital wants to know what to do with the body. She doesn't have an answer for them.

Does it ever end? I have to get dressed and go to my daughter's home. I want just an hour of calm right now. :(

Oh no, Addie. Thoughts are with you and your granddaughter. What an awful week for you and your family.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom