What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am feeling a bit down in the dumps today. My mom would have been 75 today. She passed 7 days after her 68th bithday.

Oh, Ms M, sending you big gentle hugs. I have now lost both parents. My Mom passed 17 years ago but there are times when I really miss her - birthdays and special holidays the most. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Msmofet}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh, Ms M, sending you big gentle hugs. I have now lost both parents. My Mom passed 17 years ago but there are times when I really miss her - birthdays and special holidays the most. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Msmofet}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thank you LP

I am feeling a bit down in the dumps today. My mom would have been 75 today. She passed 7 days after her 68th bithday.

i'm sorry you're kinda down today, mofet. i'm sure your mom is looking down on you, missing you as well but also hoping you'd be happy.

MM, I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you are OK

I know how hard it is..my dad passed away 12 years ago and I still get sad, he was only 58 years old :(

It's a tough thing going through the loss of our loved ones. I wish you all inner peace & acceptance.

(((hugs))) msmofet....I know how you feel....I lost my mom a year and a half ago, and her birthday was 2 weeks ago. It's hard. They would want us to keep on keepin' on...easier said than done. Hugs to you and to all who have lost loved ones.

My mother died on July 4th 1965. I like to think all the fireworks are in celebration of her life, not her death. :angel:

I just came in from being out on the patio for more than three hours. We are having beautiful weather. The only reason I even came in is because my spine was beginning to hurt. I got a lot of my piece of embroidery. And the best part is no one came to sit with me and bother me. It was so peaceful. One of my best days. My daughter stopped by earlier and picked up her pie.

She starts her chemo on Monday. The noise inside her head has stopped and her incision isn't bothering and hurting her as much as it was when they first removed the staples. They told her that she would be getting headaches as her brain heals. They had to remove some of her brain and now it is trying to heal itself.

Now I need to take a nap. The pain med is kicking in. :angel:

Sounds like a nice day, Addie! Glad your daughter is starting to feel a bit better. It will take some time.

Hope you have a restful nap and the pain goes away.

I had a visit from an RCMP officer this morning. The grocery store reported the incident - they had to for liability reasons. We had a brief talk, I said I wasn't pressing charges and he left. The woman obviously has anger issues and needs help, not an arrest. :)

Sounds like a nice day, Addie! Glad your daughter is starting to feel a bit better. It will take some time.

I had a visit from an RCMP officer this morning. The grocery store reported the incident - they had to for liability reasons. We had a brief talk, I said I wasn't pressing charges and he left. The woman obviously has anger issues and needs help, not an arrest. :)

Clearly, you are a much nicer person than I.

This morning I am heading out to do the grocery shopping and then I am going to drive over to mums for a coffee as she is getting back from her holidays today :)

All of the surgery and medicines she was on really messed up her thinking. She couldn't put words together to make a complete thought. Now that she is off the steroids she is doing much better. But she is not back to normal quite yet. The heavy steroids she was receiving really messed up her thought process. She is not allowed to drive. When her husband was driving her to the bank, she asked her husband what the stop sign was for.

Did I miss something? What incident are you talking about? I looked back to see if I could find a post regarding that woman. Tell the RCMP he can come knock on my dor anytiime. Full uniform please! :angel:

Got mugged by 2 chipmunks, 3 gray squirrels, and 6 or so chickadees at this morning's feeding. Enjoying the cooler weather and mid-week peace and quiet. Enjoyed the sunset watching a half dozen mourning doves come for their evening drink, a few cottontails grazing on my ill-kempt lawn, and a five whitetails (1buck, 1 doe, 2 fawns and 1 yearling) making their daily trek from their daytime to their nighttime habitat and listening to honking of the Canada geese.
Looking forward to cleaning up my new meat pump tomorrow, in anticipation of doing some meat curing later this fall.

Last edited:

Ummm...huh? RCMP, Grocery store, Woman?????

Did I miss something? What incident are you talking about? I looked back to see if I could find a post regarding that woman. Tell the RCMP he can come knock on my dor anytiime. Full uniform please! :angel:

Ummm...huh? RCMP, Grocery store, Woman?????

Sorry, ladies, I thought it was this thread I started that on but it was yesterday's dinner thread because I couldn't go to my MIL's birthday party as I was in too much pain. I will add more detail here.

I was at my usual grocery store yesterday. Everyone in there knows me and I get along really well with them....not to mention we do a lot of business there. Anyway, I got my groceries and then had to go back to get my prescriptions as they weren't ready the first time. As I was coming back I realized I needed to pick up the TV magazines from this week and last week For the Fall Previews (as I say they like me so the lady doing it went into her pile of returns and got me one).

At this time the tills were full, but all I had was two magazines so one of the cashiers opened up and called me over. The lady behind me had a baby carriage with no baby - it was to hold her groceries. She started to move to the other till and the cashier said "no, this lady is first". I was carrying my bag of groceries, the magazines, bag of prescriptions and my cane so was slow moving over. The woman slammed the stroller into my right leg (my bad) one and still tried to beat me in line for her one loaf of bread.

I was in horrible pain and immediately had three staff at my side. While they were attending to me the woman was at the other till and was arguing at the price of her bread (she wanted it for $1.29 not $2.29).

A dear sweet staff member who loved my Dad grabbed my cane, went over to the woman and said "do you realize this woman walks with a cane and you could have really injured her". He came back and helped me to a chair.

I had to fill out a bunch of papers and the pain lessened (they got a bag of ice out of the cooler...by this time I had the associate manager there too). I said I wouldn't press charges.

But the store called this morning and said that they had to report it because it was an assault and in case either side took action they needed to cover their own liability. So hence the policeman.

Addie, he was super cute and in full regular uniform. But I am sure if I asked nice he would put on his dress reds for you! ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom