What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I won't be making any international calls, that is for sure. I am lucky to know my next door neighbor. The only foreign country I may call is Canada. And those calls are free. Yes, I am one of those Americans who remember that Canada is not a part of America. It is a separate country and a foreign one at that. Different type of goverment, sometimes different language. I just may give Gmail phone service a try. I will have my son set it up for me. Oh dear. Another phone number to memorize. I have really gotten lazy trying to remember phone numbers. Anytime soneone asks for a phone number, my answer is usually, "Memory 9". Or what ever number I have it entered on my phone. Thanks for the reply. :angel:

I don't remember setting up anything. I just click the phone icon and dial the number or enter the contact's name and choose the number I want to dial. I don't get incoming calls though. I don't think that is available in Canada yet.

So I am in the midle of measuring out the dry ingredients for the chocolate cookies. Bam! I get hit with a dry heaves attack. Just what I need. Everything comes to a stop. I go back after about a half hour passes. Now lets see. Where was I? Oh yeah. Fortunately I remembered where I left off.

I don't know what brings on these stupid dry heaves. But they always come at a bad time. :angel:

Just got home, and we have no water! They're digging a new well for our subdivision. Hope it's up and running soon....

Oh, and I just realized I missed today's National Talk Like a Pirate Day! AAARRRGGHH!

Just got home, and we have no water! They're digging a new well for our subdivision. Hope it's up and running soon....

Oh, and I just realized I missed today's National Talk Like a Pirate Day! AAARRRGGHH!

Well, shiver me timbers Dawg. A walk on the plank for ye. But give the lad a bit of grog first. :angel:

I'm sitting here trying to come up with recipe ideas for all the goodies I bought today. I've got lump crab, scallops, oysters, baby shrimp (shelled) and large shrimp (tail on), a pork sirloin roast and a bag of chicken legs.

I got crazy with the cheeses too: Jarlsberg, Swiss, Asiago, sharp cheddar block, a cup of spreadable cheddar and Gruyere.

Last edited:
I use the Gmail phone service occasionally. Sometimes the sound quality is good, other times, not so much. It worked fine when I was calling my sister in Denmark. Their international long distance rates are quite good. It is also handy for calling some (800) numbers - the ones that aren't accessible from a Canadian phone.

Good news. My son went to set it up for me and lo and behold, I already had an account for the phone. Son #2 was here one day last year. I remember he mentioned the Gmail phone. But I showed no interest and felt I didn't need it. Without my knowledge, he went ahead and set it up for me. So I already had a phone number. We tried it out tonight. My son sent a call to himself. Sure enough his cell phone rang. I was standing a couple of feet from the computer and I started to talk to him. It picked up my voice that far away. I am in business. I now can make calls from my computer and save my minutes on my cell phone. :angel:

So I am in the midle of measuring out the dry ingredients for the chocolate cookies. Bam! I get hit with a dry heaves attack. Just what I need. Everything comes to a stop. I go back after about a half hour passes. Now lets see. Where was I? Oh yeah. Fortunately I remembered where I left off.

I don't know what brings on these stupid dry heaves. But they always come at a bad time. :angel:
Addie, I would bet you're much like I am. Certain times and certain smells can make me run for a bowl or a potty as fast as I can. I do this sometimes in the mornings if I have much to eat after 6 at night. But smells they get me without my realizing it. Chocolate does it raw eggs, things like that oow chicken yuk.
kades

I am basking in the joy of a new grandchild.

Erica Rose was born a few hours ago. She's welcomed by her mom and dad and 5 brothers. Ah, the testosterone wave has been broken!:LOL:

She was 10 lb., 2 oz., 21 inches long and everyone is doing splendidly!!!!

I knew all along the baby was going to be a girl and squirreled away all sorts of "girlie" things. Mom and dad didn't want to know until the arrival day so they got their surprise.

I can't imagine how intimidating little Erica's boyfriends will be when they want to take her out. Five brothers to check him out....whew! One thing's for sure, she'll be a tough little cookie.
Well,well,well something else we have in common. You a granddaughter Erica Rose and me a daughter Erica Lynn. aren't they special? Congratulations and welcome to the Ma family, I know 5 brothers my Erica just had 2 brothers and a little sister who was worse than the boys:LOL: Hugs and all the good things to you,Glenn, the new mommy and daddy.and all those precious children.
kades

I'm sitting here trying to come up with recipe ideas for all the goodies I bought today. I've got lump crab, scallops, oysters, baby shrimp (shelled) and large shrimp (tail on), a pork sirloin roast and a bag of chicken legs.

I got crazy with the cheeses too: Jarlsberg, Swiss, Asiago, sharp cheddar block, a cup of spreadable cheddar and Gruyere.
Z, may I suggest a nice fish cioppino with part of the shellfish I love it myself and I have a pretty good recipe for it, if you'd like it. Also a shrimp salad sandwich a friend gave me. Last night i did a half of a pork tenderloin, I put it in a baking dish, put on salt and pepper then I poured over a sauted skillet filled with sliced apples,about a stick of better,1/4 of a red onion sliced thin and a cup of brown sugar, baked til meat was done then sliced it and DH ate the whole thing!!! I got one bite. Good thing I made a pot of baby red potatoes, mashed them with some butter and garlic and the rest of the Gorgonzola crumbles I also sliced up some cubenelle sweet peppers and fried them and a small eggplant from the yard. Dinner was good so I'm told
kades

Katie H said:

Erica Rose was born a few hours ago. She's welcomed by her mom and dad and 5 brothers. Ah, the testosterone wave has been broken!:LOL:

I knew all along the baby was going to be a girl and squirreled away all sorts of "girlie" things. Mom and dad didn't want to know until the arrival day so they got their surprise.

I can't imagine how intimidating little Erica's boyfriends will be when they want to take her out. Five brothers to check him out....whew! One thing's for sure, she'll be a tough little cookie.

Congrats, Gramma! I'll bet she will be much adored!

Z, may I suggest a nice fish cioppino with part of the shellfish I love it myself and I have a pretty good recipe for it, if you'd like it. Also a shrimp salad sandwich a friend gave me. Last night i did a half of a pork tenderloin, I put it in a baking dish, put on salt and pepper then I poured over a sauted skillet filled with sliced apples,about a stick of better,1/4 of a red onion sliced thin and a cup of brown sugar, baked til meat was done then sliced it and DH ate the whole thing!!! I got one bite. Good thing I made a pot of baby red potatoes, mashed them with some butter and garlic and the rest of the Gorgonzola crumbles I also sliced up some cubenelle sweet peppers and fried them and a small eggplant from the yard. Dinner was good so I'm told
kades

I'd love your recipe. What is a cioppino?

Congratulations Katie :) Lovely name :)

Good morning...another lovely Spring day here :)

Today is housework day...with lots of ironing and washing as well :rolleyes: someone has to do it I guess :LOL:

I'd love your recipe. What is a cioppino?
Z It's an Italian fish stew. I'll post it for you in the fish forum. Hope you like it we love it and often have a bunch of friends over to enjoy with us. Lots of French or Italian bread is perfect with it as is a green salad.
Kades

:LOL::LOL:

Pirates - that puts me in the mood to get The Pogues CD of "Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash" and give it a spin.

Z It's an Italian fish stew. I'll post it for you in the fish forum. Hope you like it we love it and often have a bunch of friends over to enjoy with us. Lots of French or Italian bread is perfect with it as is a green salad.
Kades

Thanks, Ma, I found it.

Back
Top Bottom