What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You've given me a poke, LP, to make a trip to the Chemical Waste drop-off in our county. There are a number of burned out fluorescent bulbs and a couple of ex-fire extinguishers in the garage that need to be carted away. I'm very glad there is a designated place to take stuff like this.

Hope you're feeling better this morning.

You've given me a poke, LP, to make a trip to the Chemical Waste drop-off in our county. There are a number of burned out fluorescent bulbs and a couple of ex-fire extinguishers in the garage that need to be carted away. I'm very glad there is a designated place to take stuff like this.
Hope you're feeling better this morning.

We have laws here in Mass. regarding disposal of car batteries, oil, etc. Unfortunately, a lot of folks put these items in large plastic bags, and find a large dumpster in their neighborhood and at night drop these items off.

We have a neighbor across the street, and every Wednesday night he was coming here to put his garbage in our dumpster. (Thursday is trash day.) So one day I went out when he could see me taking a picture of his house and car plates. When he asked me what I was doing, I also told him while I was taking his picture that I was going to report him. We never saw him come across the street again with large green bags in hand. I failed to understand why he did this. There is no separate charge for trash pickup. And we have curb pickup for recyclables. The city even provides receptacLes for these items. I did notice that he never had trash cans out on Thursday. Was he too cheap to buy trash barrels?

Also if you have a large item such as a washer or fridge, they send out a separate truck for these items. There is a small charge for these. And you have to put a sticker on them to show you paid the fee. We have only one complaint regarding trash pickup. You don't want to get caught in your car behind a trash truck on a narrow street. :angel:

The drop-off was exceedingly easy. It was drive-through, and two guys came out immediately and took the bulbs & extinguisher. I asked if they have a trade-in deal for paints -- that is, do they sell as well as receive. Unfortunately, no - they just take it and it's gone. I have a bad habit of saving leftover paint, but almost never finding another use for that color. I should just give it to them. On second thought, maybe Habitat for Humanity would take it and resell it. Must look into that.

The drop-off was exceedingly easy. It was drive-through, and two guys came out immediately and took the bulbs & extinguisher. I asked if they have a trade-in deal for paints -- that is, do they sell as well as receive. Unfortunately, no - they just take it and it's gone. I have a bad habit of saving leftover paint, but almost never finding another use for that color. I should just give it to them. On second thought, maybe Habitat for Humanity would take it and resell it. Must look into that.
We do the same thing with leftover paint - keep it but it isn't enough to do anything with.

When my neighbour's daughter moved on the other side of her she asked if we had any paint we didn't need. We handed it over. She put this unfinished dresser on a sheet of plastic on the front lawn and let her 2 daughters go at it. They had a blast throwing paint on it, doodling, etc. and it looked so cool when they were finished, sort of tie-dyed! It was an idea in the IKEA catalogue and turned out nicer than the one in the picture!

Sitting here waiting for the numbness in my mouth to go away and the pain to begin :/ I had my very back tooth extracted today. I also had to take my little one to the DR. He has a ear infection in both ears! Fun times, fun times.

Sitting here waiting for the numbness in my mouth to go away and the pain to begin :/ I had my very back tooth extracted today. I also had to take my little one to the DR. He has a ear infection in both ears! Fun times, fun times.
(((Hugs)))

Well, at least you got the tooth dealt with. Did you get a 'script for some good pain killers?

(((Hugs))) to your little one and wishes for a speedy recovery.

(((Hugs)))

Well, at least you got the tooth dealt with. Did you get a 'script for some good pain killers?

(((Hugs))) to your little one and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thank you!

They gave me loratab, I also have some 800 mg IBUprofin from before. I hate pain medicine but I can already feel it trying to hurt. :ohmy:

Just got home a bit ago, head ache, sinus ache...smoke is still a huge problem, I'm starting to wheeze and cough.

Got back from the chiropractor, he dug some knots out of my upper back. Took a 2 hour nap afterwards. Dh made dinner & brought the daughter to piano lessons. I am trying to talk myself into getting on the elliptical;.

Trying to figure out what to wear to a relative's wedding this weekend. My wardrobe is work-functional, and I have very little frou frou. And no high heels. Drat.

Last edited:
Remembering my dad, one year ago we lost him to cancer. I hope that I can be half the man he was. I always thought that everyone had a great, kind, involved dad, but as I grew up, I realized how lucky I had been.

bakechef said:
Remembering my dad, one year ago we lost him to cancer. I hope that I can be half the man he was. I always thought that everyone had a great, kind, involved dad, but as I grew up, I realized how lucky I had been.

That's rough, Bakechef. So sorry he's gone, but glad you had such a great role model.

I am sorry for your loss. Losing a parent hursts so much & tends to put life into perspective. Time heals & the good memories shine through. God's peace to you.

bakechef, I feel your loss. It is almost 7 months since my dad passed and it is not easy. Just from what you said, I think you are MORE than half the man he was.:) You had such a good role model. Try to focus on the good times you had together. That's what gets me through.

Last edited:
We had the curtain and blinds lady over tonight :)

We chose the curtain fabric we want and the colour and also the colour for the slimline blinds for the kitchen

We are having a lovely soft, elegant design for the curtains in the loungeroom and bedroom in a nice light cream colour called Shell, it is the loveliest fabric, very pleased with it.

We have the back sliding door which consists of 3 large window panes, a large window in the loungeroom and a large window in the dining area, and of the course the bay window in the bedroom

The slimline blinds are for the bay window in the kitchen, we chose White Snow colour for them

We will get the quote in a few days...we are thinking it may cost about $5,000

Back
Top Bottom