What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's great!

First Dr's appt. this morning. Let's see if he says I'm doing well or yells at me. My shoulder feels better every day and it's getting harder to keep it in the sling.

Good Luck! Sounds like you are healing well!

More of a general answer to the topic, but this is winemaking time for me. Three weeks ago we started picking the first of the grapes from our own vines. We picked the remainder the following weekend. When all was said and done, we ended up with 160 lbs. of grapes, with the final yield being just over 10 gallons of wine (now in a barrel, where it will live for the next 10-12 months).

This weekend I have 150 lbs of Petite Sirah grapes coming from California, and in another three weeks, a friend and I are expecting 3/4 ton of Merlot from the same area.

The final grape shipment is not due to arrive until December, and that will be 300 lbs of premium Syrah from the Sonoma area. Really looking forward to that.

Almost 1400 lbs total for the year, which should yield about 90 gallons of finished wine, or 450 bottles. It sounds like a lot, but I try to put at least half away every year for long term aging. I end up giving away quite a bit as well.

I woke up without a headache for the first time in a week.

Yay!!! I am still having a few little residual headaches from my migraine but nothing serious.

:ermm: How come we keep having the same medical problems at similar times? Do you think those rumours are really true that we are sisters? :ohmy::LOL:

I am glad you are feeling better.

Yesterday's trip into Vancouver and time eat the pain program follow-up was great but taking it's toll on me now. I haven't been that active all at once since I stopped the program and today I am very sore and tired. But I would do it again in a heartbeat!

To be independent and do it on my own, as well as knowing during the activities when my body had enough but to adapt by sitting down and still participating felt so good. Seeing everyone was awesome and we were combined with another group so sharing and comparing was great.

Today I am working on a couple of hats I have to finish and get sent off and that's good because I can do that in my recliner with various heat and ice packs as needed. I can also have my netbook beside me so I am in touch with my DC family! I got a new Classical CD in the mail yesterday so it will be nice to listen to that!

But that is all after I make DH's dinner and his lunch to take to work. :chef:

Yay!!! I am still having a few little residual headaches from my migraine but nothing serious.

:ermm: How come we keep having the same medical problems at similar times? Do you think those rumours are really true that we are sisters? :ohmy::LOL:

I am glad you are feeling better.

Well, mine were because of the smoke from forest fires down the valley. Breathing all that smoke day in and out for so long is taking it's toll on me. Yesterday was spent trying NOT to get a migraine and being nauseous all day.

So, today was better, but the smoke is building up again.:ermm:

Well, mine were because of the smoke from forest fires down the valley. Breathing all that smoke day in and out for so long is taking it's toll on me. Yesterday was spent trying NOT to get a migraine and being nauseous all day.

I wouldn't last an hour with all that smoke. You have my love, hugs and prayers...and my nebulizer machine if you want it! :angel:

Gah! Have no idea how you big city folks do it. Driving in city traffic is a nightmare. We have no idea what exit to take, Nuvi tries, but she's not always accurate. Cars coming at us, sudden stops, pileups, eeks!

Gah! Have no idea how you big city folks do it. Driving in city traffic is a nightmare. We have no idea what exit to take, Nuvi tries, but she's not always accurate. Cars coming at us, sudden stops, pileups, eeks!

That's why I take transit into the city. I have my cane which in itself gets me a seat, and if it doesn't it can accidentally fall in someone whose seat I would like.:whistling.:angel:

That's why I take transit into the city. I have my cane which in itself gets me a seat, and if it doesn't it can accidentally fall in someone whose seat I would like.:whistling.:angel:
That's my girl. I'm proud of you :yum:
ma

I wouldn't last an hour with all that smoke. You have my love, hugs and prayers...and my nebulizer machine if you want it! :angel:

I use Shrek's nebulizer:rolleyes: Brought my own kit from work otherwise I wouldn't be able to breathe at all. Tell me again why I gave up smoking...:ermm:

LPBeier said:
That's why I take transit into the city. I have my cane which in itself gets me a seat, and if it doesn't it can accidentally fall in someone whose seat I would like.:whistling.

We have to drive 6+ hours. No transit. We almost had a major accident when we were stopped behind a semi and a car behind us was flying and almost caused a pileup if they crashed into us. Their tires were smoking when they pulled into the other lane, narrowly avoiding us.

It's why we moved out of Denver so many years ago...that and being held a gunpoint by a shoplifter.:ermm:

Yesterday's trip into Vancouver and time eat the pain program follow-up was great but taking it's toll on me now. I haven't been that active all at once since I stopped the program and today I am very sore and tired. But I would do it again in a heartbeat!

To be independent and do it on my own, as well as knowing during the activities when my body had enough but to adapt by sitting down and still participating felt so good. Seeing everyone was awesome and we were combined with another group so sharing and comparing was great.

Today I am working on a couple of hats I have to finish and get sent off and that's good because I can do that in my recliner with various heat and ice packs as needed. I can also have my netbook beside me so I am in touch with my DC family! I got a new Classical CD in the mail yesterday so it will be nice to listen to that!

But that is all after I make DH's dinner and his lunch to take to work. :chef:
You sound so Upbeat. It makes me just smile to hear you this way. Keep it up honey. You will make it.
ma

I'm so sorry PF you need to come live here and breath some of our nice clean smogg:LOL: Really try to stay out of the smoke as much as you can. I hate to think of two of my girls having headaches.
ma

I have the fans and a humidifier going in the apartment with all the windows closed. Home is a good place, so is work. But, it's heck having to go outside. Thanks, Ma and LP.

PrincessFiona60 said:
It's why we moved out of Denver so many years ago...that and being held a gunpoint by a shoplifter.:ermm:

I only drive up to Denver if I have to. The Colorado Springs area is nice, although it has really grown in the 30+ years we have lived here.

I'm listening to the owl on the roof of the house. It is a great horned owl. He visits almost nightly and talks to another one close by. They have beautiful voices.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom