What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from hunting and gathering. Shrek is a lousy shopper, no patience with just looking around. Then we had a late lunch at Noodle Express, neither one of us had noodles.

Now, I need to get away from the computer and put away the purchases. Cats are fed and off the freezer so I can put muffins in there.

That's why I never went shopping with a husband. :angel:

With all this chatter about apples, I want to go apple picking. I loved going over to Wanatchee, Eastern Washington, and get some of the biggest apples. It was like getting a whole meal with just one apple. As much as I hated going over the mountains, it was so worth the trip. Now we have an apple farm just 15 minutes from where I live in Peabody. Went there last year. Not this year. By they time my daughter gets permission to drive, the season will be over. :angel:

Watching "The Voice" and eying the huge envelope with Shrek's Medicare plan in it...haven't decided if I'm going to look at it or not. If we don't do anything, I won't have to change all his prescriptions, etc. to a new plan. We've already been told that he has the best health plan for Med B AND prescriptions, by disinterested parties.

These apples are really sweet, worth the price! I'm ok spending a little more on something that is so good for you. We will be going to the mountains next week so maybe I'll get some great local apples for eating and some for cooking.

We had a perfect day!

We were at the Wildlife Park for 3 hours, walking around, feeding the animals etc...it was such a lovely sunny, warm day too :)

Then we went out to lunch and had a huge meal...great day :)

Just got back from hunting and gathering. Shrek is a lousy shopper, no patience with just looking around.

My Steve is the opposite...he loves looking around with me, especially grocery shopping...I love it when we can go grocery shopping together as Steve puts lots of great treats in the trolley ;)

About twice a year I buy French's Fried Onions as a snack. I love the flavor of the onions. Well, they now have out one with Cheddar cheese. Save your money. The cheese overpowers the onion flavor. I will go back to the original. :angel:

Just got back from hunting and gathering. Shrek is a lousy shopper, no patience with just looking around...

In general, I refuse to shop. SO shops. She goes alone. I don't shop, I go to buy. The exception is kitchen stores and supermarkets. I can walk around either to see what's available.

I'm with you on that, Andy. Kitchenware stores, supermarkets, ethnic food markets, and pet supply stores are my exceptions. There I can walk around and gawk at things (and buy). Otherwise, I go in, get what I need, leave. I don't wander around. I guess I'm in the "lousy shopper" class. I can shop on the Internet from the comfort of my own home...

I have a theory.

In prehistoric times, men were hunters who had to have a strong single focus on the prey to be successful.

Women were gatherers who searched high and low for food to feed their families. Nuts, berries, greens, veggies, grubs, fruits, bugs, etc.

Today this translates to buying vs. shopping. A man might decide what he needs then go out to get it. A woman enjoys the walking around and browsing involved in shopping. Because we are wired differently, neither men or women enjoy the others preference.

The exceptions are specific interests such as hobbies. A man who loves to do woodworking may be happy to wander around a specialty tool shop drooling over woodworking tools. A woman who loves to read may spend hours in a bookstore.

I'm with you on that, Andy. Kitchenware stores, supermarkets, ethnic food markets, and pet supply stores are my exceptions. There I can walk around and gawk at things (and buy). Otherwise, I go in, get what I need, leave. I don't wander around. I guess I'm in the "lousy shopper" class. I can shop on the Internet from the comfort of my own home...

I am a single minded shopper. If I tell you I am only going to buy a quart of milk, that is what I get and am right back out the door. :angel:

Single-minded shopper is so much more positive than "lousy shopper." Lousy shopper implies that the person spends money foolishly, buys things that don't match, and buys the wrong things! Yes, I am a single-minded shopper and proud of it! (Although, when I go to the feed store, I sometimes do wander over and look at the chicken waterers, etc., and have an argument with myself re: whether the girls need another waterer...).

There are times that I don't want Stirling to come to the store with me. I'm much more of a single-minded, get it done kind of shopper. Stirling doesn't do the shopping often (I'm the only one of us who knows how to drive.), so he usually wants to look at loads of stuff at the supermarket or Costco.

Kylie1969 said:
We had a perfect day!

We were at the Wildlife Park for 3 hours, walking around, feeding the animals etc...it was such a lovely sunny, warm day too :)

Then we went out to lunch and had a huge meal...great day :)

Oh, I would love to do that Kylie, bet it was wonderful in Oz!

I have a theory.

In prehistoric times, men were hunters who had to have a strong single focus on the prey to be successful.

Women were gatherers who searched high and low for food to feed their families. Nuts, berries, greens, veggies, grubs, fruits, bugs, etc.

Today this translates to buying vs. shopping. A man might decide what he needs then go out to get it. A woman enjoys the walking around and browsing involved in shopping. Because we are wired differently, neither men or women enjoy the others preference.

The exceptions are specific interests such as hobbies. A man who loves to do woodworking may be happy to wander around a specialty tool shop drooling over woodworking tools. A woman who loves to read may spend hours in a bookstore.

It was a 20 minute trip into Costco...20 of which was spent in the checkout line. Who the heck goes to Costco to get exactly what they need and leave??? We hit 6 stores in 1.5 hours, with driving time included.

I think I have whiplash...

Going shopping with my husband is like going hunting with the Game Warden...

About twice a year I buy French's Fried Onions as a snack. I love the flavor of the onions. Well, they now have out one with Cheddar cheese. Save your money. The cheese overpowers the onion flavor. I will go back to the original. :angel:

Thanks for the tip, Addie. I too like them as a snack. Also seasoned croutons. Nice crunch and flavor and usually not over salted.

Got home from enjoying the pool. Dh had some nice baked sole with a green salad made for me for supper tonight, getting ready for bed.

It is great DL...I so love patting and feeding the kangaroos, especially the baby ones, they are so soft and cute :)

Do you have wildlife parks over there too?

Yes, but I don't want to pet the Grizzly's or Mountain Lions. I like having a hand on the end of my arm. I think our wildlife parks are slightly different than yours.

Back
Top Bottom