What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to decide whether to shower now and risk the workmen arriving in the middle of that, or waiting until after they have been and gone.

I'm also hiccuping and it is making me mental.

I'm trying to decide whether to shower now and risk the workmen arriving in the middle of that, or waiting until after they have been and gone.

Oh come on. Make their day. Take that shower and give the workers a thrill of their lifetime. :angel:

Do you know how to "snap" your diaphragm up and down? That usually takes care of hiccoughs for me.

AAAAAAAAAA! Thanks Andy! :LOL:

Oh come on. Make their day. Take that shower and give the workers a thrill of their lifetime. :angel:

I don't want to scare them! That storm door is becoming more necessary by the minute around here!

Do you know how to "snap" your diaphragm up and down? That usually takes care of hiccoughs for me.

Yep. That was one of my regular singing warm ups for years. Didn't work. Neither did downward dog which is my other "go to". I suspect the laughter from Andy's BOO is what finally worked! Incidentally, I grinned when I saw you wrote hiccoughs. I'd actually originally written that, and changed it. Love it!

Yes, but I don't want to pet the Grizzly's or Mountain Lions. I like having a hand on the end of my arm. I think our wildlife parks are slightly different than yours.

We have Wildlife Parks like that here too, where you can drive around and see the larger animals in their enclosures or walk around...but obviously view them from a distance standing on a raised platform etc

They have all the larger animals, that no, you would not want to pat or hand feed :LOL:

Good luck with the eye exam!

Take some hand work to stay busy while you wait!

Great idea. I never go to an appointment without something to work on. Everytime I go to see my vascular doctor, she always asks me, "What are you working on now?" Even the folks in the waiting room stop and look to see what I am doing. Right now it is embroidery. Last winter it was crocheting. Who know what the next project will be.

This is one I did a couple of years ago for friends.
100_0070.jpg

I made this for my son when he graduated from medical school at Yale. The top line and the rest of the writing is in gold and says in latin, "I shall do no harm." :angel:

Attachments

• 770402180308_0_ALB[1].jpg
    770402180308_0_ALB[1].jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
But this is one that I am most proud of. I made this in honor of my sister right after she passed away. It took me forever to finish it. And it drove me crazy. It now hangs in my daughter's bedroom.

100_0016.jpg

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
I have a theory.

In prehistoric times, men were hunters who had to have a strong single focus on the prey to be successful.

Women were gatherers who searched high and low for food to feed their families. Nuts, berries, greens, veggies, grubs, fruits, bugs, etc.

Today this translates to buying vs. shopping. A man might decide what he needs then go out to get it. A woman enjoys the walking around and browsing involved in shopping. Because we are wired differently, neither men or women enjoy the others preference.

The exceptions are specific interests such as hobbies. A man who loves to do woodworking may be happy to wander around a specialty tool shop drooling over woodworking tools. A woman who loves to read may spend hours in a bookstore.

My dogs know that I am a much better hunter than my husband because we are both gone all day, but I come home with a big bag of dog food some days!

Great idea. I never go to an appointment without something to work on. Everytime I go to see my vascular doctor, she always asks me, "What are you working on now?" Even the folks in the waiting room stop and look to see what I am doing. Right now it is embroidery. Last winter it was crocheting. Who know what the next project will be.

This is one I did a couple of years ago for friends.
View attachment 15864

I love them all Addie but I really like these the best! :)

I love them all Addie but I really like these the best! :)

Thank you. No two are alike. I belong to another food group. There are seven of us. We have been friends since the days of the old Food Network forum. I put them in frames where you could hang them or just stand them up on your counter. I made a bigger one for my daughter. The top says My Kitchen in Italian and are done in the colors of the Italian flag. And as you can see they each have the name of the recipient on them. I used flour sack towels for them. Cut them down to size. I also made one for my DIL. she comes from Albania and I put the Albanian flag on hers. It has the double eagle on it. What a job that was. And done in the Albanian flag colors. Red and black. Heaven forbid should I choose to do something easy. I wouldn't feel challenged. :angel:

But this is one that I am most proud of. I made this in honor of my sister right after she passed away. It took me forever to finish it. And it drove me crazy. It now hangs in my daughter's bedroom.

View attachment 15866
You do very beautiful work addie. I am sure they are precious family heirlooms. You are very talented.

You do very beautiful work addie. I am sure they are precious family heirlooms. You are very talented.

Thank you. Of the hundreds of things I have made over the years for family members and friends, I don't have one thing in my home that I have made. When I was expecting my first child, I must have made about ten sweater sets with bonnets and booties. By the time my daughter arrived, I didn't have one for her. I made an American Sampler clock. My youngest son has it hanging in his office at home. He also has a "Bless This House" poem I did in cross stitch. There is one part that had the tiniest stitches you ever saw. I am lucky I didn't go blind doinig that one. Single thread and done under a magnifying glass. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom