What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for all the well wishes. Last night they admitted my daughter and operated to remove the cyst. Everything is alright the infection didn't spread and they drained it. They kept her overnight for observation. She came home a couple hours ago. She has meds and she is in pain but well.

Time for some rest for both of you! Make sure you stay on top of her pain, you heal slower if you are fighting pain.

on edit...I should say all of you, DH and DD#1 had a rough time, too!

Last edited:
Thank you. She has percocet for the pain if it gets bad. So far she has only needed advil.

I have been praying to get a call back to my temp job and finally got the call. I start tomorrow but I must say the timing stinks. It is second shift.

We're going to go looking at microwave ovens and refrigerators. The microwave is urgent - ours is dead. We need a new fridge, but it isn't urgent. There are just too many choices when it comes to fridges. Does anyone know how much more energy efficient it is to have the freezer on the bottom instead of on top? Is it worth the extra money?
We were just going to look, but we found a Panasonic 1.6 cubic ft in stainless steel at Walmart for $169.77, so we bought it. It will just fit where we have the old one. I checked the dimensions on the web using my iPhone. Don' ya just love technology?

The ES label tells you all you need to know, comparing the model you are looking at to all other models in the same category.

Attachments

• elabel.jpg
    elabel.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 161
I don't think it shows the operating cost in dollars on the Canadian ones.

OK but it shows you the model's relative KWH use compared to similar models. That doesn't directly translate to $$ for you but tells you which are the least expensive to operate. That's the really important info.

OK but it shows you the model's relative KWH use compared to similar models. That doesn't directly translate to $$ for you but tells you which are the least expensive to operate. That's the really important info.
Yup, that is the important bit. But, I noticed that the ones with freezers above are hundreds of dollars cheaper than the same size of fridge with the freezer on the bottom. If I save that back on electricity in a few years, then that's what I'll get. That's why I'm going to see how much my kWh's cost me.

Yup, that is the important bit. But, I noticed that the ones with freezers above are hundreds of dollars cheaper than the same size of fridge with the freezer on the bottom. If I save that back on electricity in a few years, then that's what I'll get. That's why I'm going to see how much my kWh's cost me.

I don't think you will find that to be the case. I read in a link that top freezer models are slightly cheaper to operate than bottom freezer. Both are cheaper than side by side.

On the other hand, freezer on the bottom models are available with French doors.

Thank you. She has percocet for the pain if it gets bad. So far she has only needed Advil.

I have been praying to get a call back to my temp job and finally got the call. I start tomorrow but I must say the timing stinks. It is second shift.

I did temp work for more than 20 years. I loved it. You can't get fired, only released. And in between jobs, I would collect unemployment. Some jobs weren't as temp as I would have liked. But the pay was good. I worked at Wyeth Pharmaceutical for more than three years. Some jobs were fun and some monotonous. I am one of those folks that like filing. I like making order out of chaos. And most files in big companies are a disaster. :angel:

Just got done with supper. Dh made chili it was awful. I know he meant well but I just could not eat it. Way to spicey. Kicking back & relaxing, just put a ruhbarb pie in the oven.

So sorry, SB. Though I envy you your rhubarb pie!

I'm making Alix's green tomato mincemeat, and it's really good!

This afternoon I had a load of ironing to do, then I got out into the garden as it was a lovely sunny day here and then mum came over for a coffee :)

Now just relaxing after tea....about to go and watch an episode of The Walking Dead...cant wait for season 3 to start...not long now :)

They just showed the second episode of "Call The Midwife" here in Boston. I thought it was going to be a comedy. Instead it is a rather dark series. I am not sure that I am going to stick with the show. If anyone from the UK or Aussieland can convince me otherwise, I am open to listening. But the next season of "Doc Martin"starts this week. I think that show is hilarious. As a rule I like most of the shows from BBC. I love Lewis and Hathaway on Mystery Theatre. One of the things I like about BBC programs is that they show real life. When you die, your eyes are open until someone closes them. You don't fine dead people with closed eyes. But my very favorite are old black and white movies from England. The English can do with B&W mystery movies what no other country can do. They use lighting and shadows like no other. You sometimes need to be wearing a diaper when you watch them. And not just because of old age. :angel:

Gently crying at the moment. Good tears. I just put some of my John Hartford CDs in the new Bose system and he's singing Gum Tree Canoe right now. Such a sweet, beautiful song and his voice is a treasure. He was such a gentle, talented, loving man.

Gently crying at the moment. Good tears. I just put some of my John Hartford CDs in the new Bose system and he's singing Gum Tree Canoe right now. Such a sweet, beautiful song and his voice is a treasure. He was such a gentle, talented, loving man.

My daughter has her Bose system hooked up to her wall to wall TV. You have to keep the volume down low. Her LR is small and the system will blast you out of the room. But the music is breathtaking. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom