What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband is drinking, nothing new but trying to "reconnect with me" I am unemotional at this point but he managed to get a few remember whens out of me. We almost had a good time, out in the driveway, in his truck, talking and listening to a song or two. His reasoning was a song that stated something along the lines of Thank you for loving me blah blah "I can't say what I want to say to you but he says it all." :glare:

Merlot, both my husbands were drinkers. So I can certainly relate. After a while you shut down. You go through the motions of a marriage, but not the emotions. My first marriage was 12 long years. Then he died of Alzheimers. My second lasted 14 years and he died of cancer. The alcoholism only hastened his death. Both times (and I hate to say it) I felt releif. Both husbands attended AA. But it didn't stick with either of them. Though they kept trying. I just wish folks would attack drinking like they have smoking. Have you ever heard of anyone having a cigarette and then getting behind the wheel and wiping out a whold family in a crash? :angel:

Okay, I will take him for the week. But only for you would I do this. And here's hoping that your night temperatures drop down to 10ºF.

P.S. I dont have any Snickerdoodles for him. I don't do sweets for my home. I give them all away. Would an apple pie do? Although I do have a two pie, pie maker. I will let him loose in the kitchen. :angel:

Deal, I'll tell him to pack.:LOL:

eye lid operation in the works.

Babe, think of eyeglass frames as jewelry for your face. You deserve a nice new piece of jewelry. :innocent:

i have worn glasses since i was 16 and have had a lot of pretty frames.

this dr. is an eye surgen. for some reason my spell check isn't here.

any way, he will get approval from insurance and we will go from there. will fill in the blanks when i know more

simonbaker said:
I just got off the elliptical machine in the garage, little bit cold out there. Feeling better now but I am usually ready for bed about this time but I am feeling wide awake now.

SB, can you move it inside? I have my rowing/recumbent bike machine in front of the TV upstairs, and it makes it so much easier to use, especially during Big Bang or other fave programs.

I would be freezing my butt off in our garage, and your weather is similar to ours!

My husband is drinking, nothing new but trying to "reconnect with me" I am unemotional at this point but he managed to get a few remember whens out of me. We almost had a good time, out in the driveway, in his truck, talking and listening to a song or two. His reasoning was a song that stated something along the lines of Thank you for loving me blah blah "I can't say what I want to say to you but he says it all." :glare:

Sorry to hear of this Merlot :(

I hope you are OK!

SB, can you move it inside? I have my rowing/recumbent bike machine in front of the TV upstairs, and it makes it so much easier to use, especially during Big Bang or other fave programs.

I would be freezing my butt off in our garage, and your weather is similar to ours!
It's not so bad out there it's a small garage attatched to our small ranch home. It's about the only place it will fit. By wintertime it may end up in the middle of the living room though. I usually go to the gym but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

I just want you to know I am not looking for a husband. Not even someone else's. You will get him back in a hurry as soon as the week is up. :angel:

I just want three days of the bed all to myself and the bathroom!:wacko: I'll be missing him by the second day.

What? I was hoping someone would take him for a week...:rolleyes:

LLBean sells petites, this one doesn't drag behind me and the sleeves are not too long. I got the Black Watch plaid, it's very nice. I just hope it's not too hot to sleep in.

Sometimes I have to force my daughter to think. She will see an item of clothing she wants to buy for me. Then she will ask, "Ma, what does the P stand for?" Well, it doesn't stand for wet undies. :angel:

Wearing my new flannel nightgown, getting all warm and cozy...I may resurface in a week. Just started a one week vacation from work.

Hibernating are we? :LOL: Have fun.

Alas, I wish I could wear flannel - made myself these wonderful oversize pj's and top for my recovery time after one of my surgeries. Put it on once and that was it - it doesn't breathe and my claustrophobia went bizerk! :wacko:

Hibernating are we? :LOL: Have fun.

Alas, I wish I could wear flannel - made myself these wonderful oversize pj's and top for my recovery time after one of my surgeries. Put it on once and that was it - it doesn't breathe and my claustrophobia went bizerk! :wacko:

That's surprising. All flannel is, is thick cotton material. :angel:

I just finished carving my red velvet cake layers into the shape of a horseshoe, and carved a local extreme hiking trail ("The Grouse Grind") into one side. It is for DH's BIL's 60th birthday party tomorrow. Other decorations will include a one hole golf course, a pup tent with a M*A*S*H like poll with the names of the different campsites they like, a pumpkin plaque with "60" piped on it (his birthday is actually October 31st but we need to celebrate when everyone is around) and three different sizes of puppy prints wandering all over to signify their dear great dane that passed away, their lab (Violet's best friend) and a little teacup furball that rules the roost when all the family dogs are together! :LOL: The horseshoe is because he shoes horses at the race track!

Now DH can't eat the cake, so I had to promise to make some of his cakes so he can take one with him. They just came out of the oven and he keeps asking "can I test them yet?". What about frosting? Nope, just wants the cake and he will be happy as a lark. :LOL:

Tomorrow is filling with white chocolate raspberry mousse and frosting with chocolate cream cheese.

I am sitting here listening to the biggest thunder claps roll in. It sounds like we are going to have one heck of a storm. I am hoping that it goes through quickly. I don't mind storms, but this one sounds dangerous. The thunder is still aways off, but it sounds like it is right overhead. :angel:

Today is the start of the local German-American club's Oktoberfest celebration. I'm planning to get a brat 'n kraut and hope they'll be doing the duck dance while I'm there. I know it's silly, but watching people squat and flap their wings always brings a laugh. :LOL:

Okay, I will take him for the week. But only for you would I do this. And here's hoping that your night temperatures drop down to 10ºF.

P.S. I dont have any Snickerdoodles for him. I don't do sweets for my home. I give them all away. Would an apple pie do? Although I do have a two pie, pie maker. I will let him loose in the kitchen. :angel:

hey, i thought this was a forum for swapping recipes, not husbands....

Today is the start of the local German-American club's Oktoberfest celebration. I'm planning to get a brat 'n kraut and hope they'll be doing the duck dance while I'm there. I know it's silly, but watching people squat and flap their wings always brings a laugh. :LOL:

Are you sayinig they quack you up? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom