What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making beef stock, using Julia Child's instructions. I roasted the bones and meat and vegis in the oven and now the house is too warm. Stock is on the stove in my new stockpot with the insert. I'm making it this late at night because I got the urge.

I defrosted the stuff in my "for beef stock" bag. I like the new microwave's "Inverter Turbo Defrost". I tell how much the thing I want to defrost weighs, and then it figures out how long and at what power level to defrost it. It's much more along the lines of what I was hoping for with my first microwave: a way to turn rocks from the freezer into food. :LOL:

Today Steve and I have been hitting the shops :)

We bought a lot more than we thought we were going to buy :LOL:

We bought 3 new frypans, 3 different sizes, all Gabriel Gate ones, they are the most solid and best ones we have ever used!

We also bought a Jamie Oliver (Tefal) grill pan, a lovely non stick one!

Also a new Tontine Summer Quilt :)

We then went to a fish shop and bought some atlantic salmon, red snapper, mullet fillets, whiting fillets, cod fillets and some prawns :)

We are introducing a lot more fish into our diet!

Have not been home long, been relaxing out in the garden, in the sun having some cinnamon coffee after our retail therapy :)

hey, i like your kind of therapy, kylie! i must do some of that myself sometime soon. and yes, i agree--we definitely need more fish in our lives! well, leastways most of us do.:)

About to get ready for my own spot of retail therapy...since the football came on the tv...it's piddly shopping so Shrek should be happy to stay home.

Just finished wandering around the front trying to take pictures of our new family member, Bella. It was a lot like trying to eat Jell-O with a fork.

She was a squirmey wormey and all she wanted to do was to play and lick my hands/fingers.

I might have gotten one or two passable photos. I'll be able to tell better once I've downloaded them to the computer.

Dinking around, the plan is to go out and rip up the frost-killed dead plants when it warms up a bit more. Also need to empty and put the little pond to bed for the winter.

Dinking around, the plan is to go out and rip up the frost-killed dead plants when it warms up a bit more. Also need to empty and put the little pond to bed for the winter.
No frost killed plants here yet. What's up with that? But, I will soon have to cut back my day lilies and cone flowers (I think that's what I'm supposed to do.)

And then my not so favourite getting ready for winter. Gotta tip the patio table on its side and arrange the chairs and then cover everything with a large, blue tarp. Not a one woman project.

I'm about to start making that slow roasted leg of lamb. I got the 'taters.

taxlady said:
No frost killed plants here yet. What's up with that? But, I will soon have to cut back my day lilies and cone flowers (I think that's what I'm supposed to do.)

And then my not so favourite getting ready for winter. Gotta tip the patio table on its side and arrange the chairs and then cover everything with a large, blue tarp. Not a one woman project.

I'm about to start making that slow roasted leg of lamb. I got the 'taters.

I'm surprised, no frost for you yet, TL? I did find some bonus green tomatoes and peppers on the dead vines. The bonus cukes were done for.

Good morning everyone :)

Lovely sunny morning here and I have had a superb sleep, Steve is feeling a lot better and all is good! :)

Hope you are all having a nice day/night :)

hey, i like your kind of therapy, kylie! i must do some of that myself sometime soon. and yes, i agree--we definitely need more fish in our lives! well, leastways most of us do.:)

Thanks V....it is a costly one, but gee it felt good :ROFLMAO:

I am making lamb stock for the gravy for tonight's supper. I'm working on income tax returns for a client, and waiting for Stirling to get back from having an MRI.

He had a CT scan of his head a couple of weeks ago for scalp numbness. The technician saw a small spot (not related to the numbness) that can't be properly analyzed from a CT scan, so suggested an MRI. The doctor said she usually follows the technicians' suggestions, so she gave him the referral. She said it's most likely just some small, benign mass.

Of course I'm worried. We won't know anything for at least a few days.

I am making lamb stock for the gravy for tonight's supper. I'm working on income tax returns for a client, and waiting for Stirling to get back from having an MRI.

He had a CT scan of his head a couple of weeks ago for scalp numbness. The technician saw a small spot (not related to the numbness) that can't be properly analyzed from a CT scan, so suggested an MRI. The doctor said she usually follows the technicians' suggestions, so she gave him the referral. She said it's most likely just some small, benign mass.

Of course I'm worried. We won't know anything for at least a few days.

Chin up, TL. We'll be thinking of you.

Back
Top Bottom