What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment I'm looking at the dining room table which is piled high with Christmas gifts and baby gifts.

Very soon Glenn and I will be traveling south (Georgia) to see two of my children and their families. One just had a new baby, hence the baby gifts. And we'll be taking everyone's Christmas, too.

I'm going to have my right knee replaced in about 3 weeks and know I won't be in any mood/shape to wrestle with wrapping and shipping boxes for Christmas.

As it turns out, some of the gifts are ungainly and heavy so delivering them ourselves ensures that they'll arrive safely and waaaay less expensively.

I did a similar thing after Buck died and it worked out quite well. All the packages will be hidden in black trash bags and we won't let the children be around when we stash them in their parents' homes.

Of course, Grandma and Grandpa have loads of fun, Halloween goodies for everyone. No candy, but lots and lots of light-up gadgets and scary things.

My next "what am I doing" will be to wrap all the gifts and have them ready to load in the car. That's this afternoon's task.

Last edited:
Sometimes I like flannel sheets. I just have to be in the mood for a certain type of "snuggle."

However, flannel sheets and flannel sleepwear don't mix. There is no possibility for "slippage," if you understand what I mean. I went to bed, on flannel sheets, one time wearing a flannel nightgown. Couldn't turn over well for love nor money and wound up winding myself up tight. I practically mummified myself that time. Haven't combined the two since.

Without giving TMI, my fibromyalgia makes sleeping with any type of friction an impossibility. Maybe that is why I am not good with either Flannel pj's or flannel sheets. Having anything loose, wrinkled or heavy on or under my body makes comfortable sleep impossible. But I couldn't even wear my nice big flannel pj's around the house. Just not my thing I guess! :wacko:

Sometimes I like flannel sheets. I just have to be in the mood for a certain type of "snuggle."

However, flannel sheets and flannel sleepwear don't mix. There is no possibility for "slippage," if you understand what I mean. I went to bed, on flannel sheets, one time wearing a flannel nightgown. Couldn't turn over well for love nor money and wound up winding myself up tight. I practically mummified myself that time. Haven't combined the two since.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: This made me laugh more than the Funny forum!
How to trap your wife... buy her flannel sheets and a matching nighty!

Katie, you are so darned organized. I'm envious. Sounds like you have a lot to do.

Thanks, TL. Buck always said I was the most organized person he'd ever known.

My organization came out of necessity more than anything else. When you raise 8 children, you don't have a prayer of surviving if organization isn't part of the program.

As for the Christmas gifts, for a time we had two sons in the military stationed overseas and in order for them to receive "Santa" by December 25, everything had to be mailed waaaaaay early. I got in the habit of doing that and never quit. It makes for a more relaxing holiday season.

Today is our 8 year wedding anniversary :)

We are so happy that we get to spend the whole day together too ;)

kylie, happy anniversary on your 8th! is your steve a romantic kinda guy? it sounds like the two of you really enjoy each other's company--and that's so nice to see in a marriage today. :)

Thank you so very much everyone xxx

Katie, not long now till your anniversary, how many years will it be?

Vit, yes he is a romantic sort of guy I guess you could say :LOL:

We always go out for a lovely dinner on our anniversaries but this year we cant sadly as it has only been a week since Steve had his surgery so he is still watching what he is eating.

We thought it best not to go to a restaurant as the meals would be too creamy or contain too much fat one way or another...so we are going to wait a few weeks and then go out for a nice meal :)

It is nice to be able to relax at home together today though :)

I am making lamb stock for the gravy for tonight's supper. I'm working on income tax returns for a client, and waiting for Stirling to get back from having an MRI.

He had a CT scan of his head a couple of weeks ago for scalp numbness. The technician saw a small spot (not related to the numbness) that can't be properly analyzed from a CT scan, so suggested an MRI. The doctor said she usually follows the technicians' suggestions, so she gave him the referral. She said it's most likely just some small, benign mass.

Of course I'm worried. We won't know anything for at least a few days.
I will pray that everything turns out good in your tests.

Thank you so very much everyone xxx

Katie, not long now till your anniversary, how many years will it be?

Vit, yes he is a romantic sort of guy I guess you could say :LOL:

We always go out for a lovely dinner on our anniversaries but this year we cant sadly as it has only been a week since Steve had his surgery so he is still watching what he is eating.

We thought it best not to go to a restaurant as the meals would be too creamy or contain too much fat one way or another...so we are going to wait a few weeks and then go out for a nice meal :)

It is nice to be able to relax at home together today though :)

It will be 3 years for us. I was a widow before Glenn and I got married.

Before that, I was married to Buck, also a DC member, for 32 years before he died suddenly in 2008. He was awesome and so is Glenn, so I've been a lucky lady twice in a row.

It will be 3 years for us. I was a widow before Glenn and I got married.

Before that, I was married to Buck, also a DC member, for 32 years before he died suddenly in 2008. He was awesome and so is Glenn, so I've been a lucky lady twice in a row.
Not just luck. Statistically, someone with a happy marriage who gets widowed (male or female) is very likely to remarry and remarry into a happy marriage. :)

Back
Top Bottom