What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today Steve has gone back to work...I miss him already!

He has 2 weeks off to recover from his operation and I have really enjoyed the time off with him :)

Today I have ironing to do, a few things to get at the supermarket and then relaxation for the rest of the day...probably have to put the air conditioner on for the first time since last Spring ;)

almost 6 AM....Drinkin' coffee, listenin' to it rain. readin' some of the posts here. Wish I had had time to take more pics at the rendezvous. Shucks, we didn't even dig a firepit. One day and night at a rendezvous just ain't enough time, although I reckon it's better than no rendezvous at all.

Hoot, a few years back when we still lived in the Midwest we spent an interesting and fun day at the Fort de Chartres Rendezvous in Prairie du Rocher, IL. All authentic dress, with fur trappers & campfires, marching Redcoats, exhibits of weaving, hide tanning, rifle shooting contests, food "of the period" which was 1740-1840. Lots of fun. Sorry yours got tangled up in bad weather - maybe it'll be even bigger and better next year.

Relaxing after a full day; Church, Sam's club, Work, Elliptical, Class at church, Supper & finally recliner.

Today I have done some ironing and then went to the shops

I got some more loose bottomed tart tins...this time I got some loveheart shaped ones, 10cm, they are great! They were on special for $5.00 for a pack of 4, so I got 2 packs :)

It is five a.m. and I am sitting here listening to the rain. I have my windows open and the heat off. I am waiting for the daylight to come. I hate the dark of night. I am thinking of doing some sewing.

I am impatient for my eye surgery. Each day I am losing some of my sight. First the left eye and then two weeks later the right one. I wish they would do the right one first. That is my good eye. Oh well. I am just happy they are even doing the surgery. :angel:

Trying to wake up enough to go do laundry. Must do it today, I go back to work tomorrow. This felt like a very short vacation.

Grandson came to stay over last night and woke up this morning with a terrible cold. I called his mother and we decided to keep him home from school today. He really wanted to go because he wanted perfect attendance this year. But he thought about it and said it was alright because he didn't want the other kids to get sick because of him.

Grandson came to stay over last night and woke up this morning with a terrible cold. I called his mother and we decided to keep him home from school today. He really wanted to go because he wanted perfect attendance this year. But he thought about it and said it was alright because he didn't want the other kids to get sick because of him.
What a sweet, considerate child!

I have been out in the front garden this morning..doing lots of pruning, cutting back some bushes and plants...a nice tidy up!

Still more to do, but after 1.5 hours out there, it started getting a bit warm...glad I did it early in the morning ;)

I am so chuffed for my mum...I found out last night that the Jersey Boys competition I entered her in...she won :)

The package mum has won is:

4 x A-reserve tickets to see Jersey Boys perform at the Festival Theatre valued at $125.00 each

High Tea for 4 people with the Jersey Boys valued at $50 per person

2 x rooms for two people at the Intercontinental Adelaide valued at $285.00 each

I am so happy for her :)

I just finished putting the finishing touches on 3 newborn hats so now have a total of 5 to take preliminary shots for my photographer friend. She'll decide which she likes and take pictures with babies - then I can set up my Facebook page. I am really excited about this new venture.

Who knew that crocheting would actually be good for my arthritic hands (or at least not make them worse). :)

I just finished putting the finishing touches on 3 newborn hats so now have a total of 5 to take preliminary shots for my photographer friend. She'll decide which she likes and take pictures with babies - then I can set up my Facebook page. I am really excited about this new venture.

Who knew that crocheting would actually be good for my arthritic hands (or at least not make them worse). :)
Are you going to be selling them? Back in the '70s I did a lot of crochet and sold it. It was murder trying to compete with grannies who were happy to get paid enough to cover the yarn.

Are you going to be selling them? Back in the '70s I did a lot of crochet and sold it. It was murder trying to compete with grannies who were happy to get paid enough to cover the yarn.

Yes, I am hoping to sell them, but as props for photographers. They want "different" things and are willing to pay for it whether it be a unique design, good wool or accents (I used Swavorski crystals as "sprinkles" on a cupcake hat as they will sparkle in the photos!).

I hope to also sell for gifts and may put a table up at a local Christmas show next month if I have enough product.

But the whole point of this was to give me something to do over the winter when I can't go out due to the weather and my pain flares. My friend wants to do these hats up nice in photos and send them to her colleagues. If I start getting custom orders (like the cupcake for my friend) then I will be on my way.:)

If anyone is interested once I take and process the pictures I will post them on my profile, but don't feel you have to look!

Kylie1969 said:
I have been out in the front garden this morning..doing lots of pruning, cutting back some bushes and plants...a nice tidy up!

Still more to do, but after 1.5 hours out there, it started getting a bit warm...glad I did it early in the morning ;)

I am so chuffed for my mum...I found out last night that the Jersey Boys competition I entered her in...she won :)

4 x A-reserve tickets to see Jersey Boys perform at the Festival Theatre valued at $125.00 each

2 x rooms for two people at the Intercontinental Adelaide valued at $285.00 each

Wow! Congrats to you and your mum, Kylie, do you get to go too? Sounds like a great time!

So glad Steve is doing better!

Last edited:
LPBeier said:
Yes, I am hoping to sell them, but as props for photographers. They want "different" things and are willing to pay for it whether it be a unique design, good wool or accents (I used Swavorski crystals as "sprinkles" on a cupcake hat as they will sparkle in the photos!).

I hope to also sell for gifts and may put a table up at a local Christmas show next month if I have enough product.

But the whole point of this was to give me something to do over the winter when I can't go out due to the weather and my pain flares. My friend wants to do these hats up nice in photos and send them to her colleagues. If I start getting custom orders (like the cupcake for my friend) then I will be on my way.:)

If anyone is interested once I take and process the pictures I will post them on my profile, but don't feel you have to look!

Would love to see the pics, LP! The cupcake sounds adorable! So glad you're able to crochet as therapy.

It is five a.m. and I am sitting here listening to the rain. I have my windows open and the heat off. I am waiting for the daylight to come. I hate the dark of night. I am thinking of doing some sewing.

I am impatient for my eye surgery. Each day I am losing some of my sight. First the left eye and then two weeks later the right one. I wish they would do the right one first. That is my good eye. Oh well. I am just happy they are even doing the surgery. :angel:
Be glad and happy there girl. I was scared and miserable and wanted the good eye done first but the Dr. did the one that was in bad shape and I'm so glad he did. Now I can see so well in both of them YIPPEEEEEEWill be thinking of you.
kades your purple pal

Be glad and happy there girl. I was scared and miserable and wanted the good eye done first but the Dr. did the one that was in bad shape and I'm so glad he did. Now I can see so well in both of them YIPPEEEEEEWill be thinking of you.
kades your purple pal
They do the bad one first 'cause you will be using one eye for a while and it's better if that's the good one.

Oh yes I do have to look. That's what Ma's do:LOL:
ma

Congratulations To you & you're mum!! Sounds like an awesome prize, hope you get to enjoy it as well.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom