What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, I'm frying onions for French onion soup and trying to get them nice an brown without burning them. I'm off to stir.

They TorT in the mall here, too. The facility sends a contingent of staff and residents to hand out candy at the mall. It's for the middle schools kids, mostly.

Sitting here drinking rum (I usually don't imbibe in distilled beverages, I don't handle them well, but got some bad news today and have nowhere to go but to bed). I'll go to be well before inebriation and will make it to my therapy (water exercises for my hip) tomorrow, I'm sure.

Today I took the car in for a big service and tune...I was told the battery needed replacing and the 2 front tyres needed replacing too...so we decided to get 4 new tyres which I have booked in for tomorrow ;)

Also we had the battery replaced, so that is good!

The car is running nice and smoothly again now, so happy days :)

Sitting here drinking rum (I usually don't imbibe in distilled beverages, I don't handle them well, but got some bad news today and have nowhere to go but to bed). I'll go to be well before inebriation and will make it to my therapy (water exercises for my hip) tomorrow, I'm sure.

Hope you are OK Claire, I am thinking of you

Thinking of you today Claire, hope everything is alright.

Sometimes you just have to say what the heck & have a slug of something, then crawl under the covers. I noticed you didn't take a book with you -- must be serious. Feel better soon.

1-2-3- Are We Awake?

It's just dawned on me 30 minutes ago that today is Thursday.

Thursdays are my day off. I'm not available to anyone for anything unless they're actually bleeding to death. Then they have to show me proof. :LOL:

Woke up by 7am. First thought. Get dressed, damn it's cold today.. brrrrr...
Fine get going with the day. Hubby's breakfast and lunch made, packed.

Got laundry started in between all of that. I was wondering why the cell phone alarm didn't go off. Hate that annoying tone. Assaults my ears. Looked at the clock on my comp.... Awwwww craaaaayaaap! It's THURSDAY!!!.. rechecked the other clocks around the house.. Double dang me! :wacko:

I could have slept in. Wake up get dressed if I felt like it.

So great, it's a "Luccccyyyyy Day" again. Good mornin' Munky!!!

Just got up from a long "nap". I got sent home from work because I was sick (migraine) and was more hindrance than help. They didn't smack my bum for being stupid and coming in, but they should have.

Driving in freezing rain is no fun. Driving in freezing rain with a blinding migraine is no fun and borderline stupid!

Better now, snuggled up with a kitty and a cup of coffee. Thinking I might bake something cuz it is snowing pretty hard now.

Going to do some ironing now..already done all the washing and soon I have to go to the dentist and then to take the car up to get the 4 new tyres put on :)

Mum is coming around for a visit this afternoon which I am looking forward to as she has been away in Queensland for 2 weeks and I have missed our coffee and chats :)

After work I went to aqua chi class the off to Mass. Just got home I have no appetite for supper, that is very rare, so I settled for a nice sweet clementine. Relaxing with a tall ice water before bedtime.

simonbaker said:
After work I went to aqua chi class the off to Mass. Just got home I have no appetite for supper, that is very rare, so I settled for a nice sweet clementine. Relaxing with a tall ice water before bedtime.

You go, Girl! Good job, SB!

Today we had 4 new tyres put on the car and had a wheel alignment too :)

Also mum dropped by and it was nice to see her as she had been away for a couple of weeks

Now about to go and watch a movie :)

This is opening day for a large farm market about 1/2 hour away. I've been waiting since April for it to open back up because that's the only place I can get the German rye bread I discovered shortly before the market closed up for the summer. Buttered, toasted rye. Excellent! :yum:

I just got back from shopping. We left at seven a.m. My left leg is hurting from the hip down. And I took two Vicodin. Another arse ache to have a look see.

My son (bless his heart) put all my groceries away. Now comes the baking. I have to make eight minit cranberry pumpkin loaves, two regular size ones. cookies. I also have to prepare the meats for the freezer. Then I have to do laundry. It is going to be a long day. But you know, I am in a good mood and have already turned the oven on for preheat. I very rarely eat breakfast. I think I need to today. I have a nice thick slice of liverwurst. That will be my breakfast. Love that stuff! Well, off to work. See you late tonight. :angel:

I just got back from shopping. We left at seven a.m. My left leg is hurting from the hip down. And I took two Vicodin. Another arse ache to have a look see.

My son (bless his heart) put all my groceries away. Now comes the baking. I have to make eight minit cranberry pumpkin loaves, two regular size ones. cookies. I also have to prepare the meats for the freezer. Then I have to do laundry. It is going to be a long day. But you know, I am in a good mood and have already turned the oven on for preheat. I very rarely eat breakfast. I think I need to today. I have a nice thick slice of liverwurst. That will be my breakfast. Love that stuff! Well, off to work. See you late tonight. :angel:

I don't know how you do it Addie?! Think you need time off or a weekend away with other people pampering you!

I'm eating some sugar free licorice drops made with black licorice yum!
Good for blood glucose bad for your heart. One out of 2 right, not bad lol!

I don't know how you do it Addie?! Think you need time off or a weekend away with other people pampering you!

It is a rough life, but I try to survive it. I really have great kids. My youngest keeps an eye on my health issues. My oldest daughter is taking me to the hairdresser tomorrow to get my hair cut. In spite of her own problems right now with the brain cancer, if I don't call her, she will call me to make sure my oldest son is looking after me. And my middle son, who drives a cab at night, will stop by with a ten dollar bill if he has had a good night and some trips to Logan Airport. Those trips are always a guarantee for a big tip. And if the Boston Symphony is coming in, sometimes he get a trip going to Maine. Considering there are more than 100 members landing, the Airport puts out a call for all cab companies. The out of state fares guantee at least a fifty dollar tip. More often more. The best trip is to Rhode Island. That is a 45 minute trip and gives him time enough to get back to the airport and get back in line for another.

Yes, I have great kids. I wish ever elderly person had kids like mine. :angel:

It is a rough life, but I try to survive it. I really have great kids. My youngest keeps an eye on my health issues. My oldest daughter is taking me to the hairdresser tomorrow to get my hair cut. In spite of her own problems right now with the brain cancer, if I don't call her, she will call me to make sure my oldest son is looking after me. And my middle son, who drives a cab at night, will stop by with a ten dollar bill if he has had a good night and some trips to Logan Airport. Those trips are always a guarantee for a big tip. And if the Boston Symphony is coming in, sometimes he get a trip going to Maine. Considering there are more than 100 members landing, the Airport puts out a call for all cab companies. The out of state fares guantee at least a fifty dollar tip. More often more. The best trip is to Rhode Island. That is a 45 minute trip and gives him time enough to get back to the airport and get back in line for another.

Yes, I have great kids. I wish ever elderly person had kids like mine. :angel:

They have to be great kids with a mom like you :)

Today we had 4 new tyres put on the car and had a wheel alignment too :)

Also mum dropped by and it was nice to see her as she had been away for a couple of weeks

Now about to go and watch a movie :)
Thanks for the reminder. I'm pricing winter tires and I have to go check what size my current tires are.

Back
Top Bottom