What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So in the middle of baking, I discover that my son forgot my other four mini baking pans for the breads with nuts. I have the sans nuts ones in the oven. Then I no sooner get them in the oven and I get a migrain headache. With the dry heaves. Just what I needed. At least it helped break the headache some. I don't know why, but for some strange reason, every time I get the dry heaves, I drool. I know I am not teething.

Well the good news, son put the pans on top of the fridge. I would never have thought of looking up there. I NEVER put anything on top of the fridge. For one reason, I can hardly see it, never mind reaching it. The top of my daughter's fridge is a disaster area. The last time they pulled it out to clean out behind it, there were papers from eons ago. :angel:

Getting ready to go look for a place to get gas.

Bcareful. We are hearing crazy stories on the news of all the nuts out there running out of patience. Let us know you are all right when you get back and how successful you were. :angel:

Relaxing from my two day cooking binge. I have made most things just short of completing into the final dish.

Pumpkin, roasted, sliced and lightly browned in garlic butter
Artichoke and palm hearts browned in garlic butter
Cheesy White sauce
White sauce
Taco meat mix for tacos, chili, chili mac, tamale pie

Hopefully I'm mostly done for a few days, and can enjoy having easier cleanups in the kitchen.

Good morning everyone :)

I had a lovely sleep and rearing to go today!

We are heading out to a fish market today to check out what they have and then for a nice drive :)

Bcareful. We are hearing crazy stories on the news of all the nuts out there running out of patience. Let us know you are all right when you get back and how successful you were. :angel:
Decided to wait till tomorrow and drive out to PA to get gas.

MsM, it must be so frustrating for you. Hang in there! Wish we could do more....

I'm spelunking in the freezer for chicken. Want to make some chicken chili tomorrow, I know it's in there somewhere....

Ha! Success!

Last edited:
I'm relaxing with the cat and a glass of wine. I didn't find any crystal Margarita glasses, but I did find
1017928_s.jpg
in crystal and they were on sale. I bought four boxes of four, total, including sales tax: $41.36. No, its not the "good crystal", but it's pretty and shiny and makes a very pretty sound when one taps glasses. Also, since it is lead crystal, cold alcoholic drinks taste better than in regular glass. I saw some crystal Margarita glasses online. They were on sale for $45 for two glasses!

taxlady said:
I'm relaxing with the cat and a glass of wine. I didn't find any crystal Margarita glasses, but I did find in crystal and they were on sale. I bought four boxes of four, total, including sales tax: $41.36. No, its not the "good crystal", but it's pretty and shiny and makes a very pretty sound when one taps glasses. Also, since it is lead crystal, cold alcoholic drinks taste better than in regular glass. I saw some crystal Margarita glasses online. They were on sale for $45 for two glasses!

Oooh. Pretty!

Relaxing from my two day cooking binge. I have made most things just short of completing into the final dish.

Pumpkin, roasted, sliced and lightly browned in garlic butter
Artichoke and palm hearts browned in garlic butter
Cheesy White sauce
White sauce
Taco meat mix for tacos, chili, chili mac, tamale pie

Hopefully I'm mostly done for a few days, and can enjoy having easier cleanups in the kitchen.
It all sounds absolutely DELICIOUS!!! I bet your house smells really good!:yum::yum:

We just got back, the daughter had her 8th grade fall dance tonight. It was only for a few hours so dh & I went out & had chinese. Got home & dh is already asleep in his chair. Time to get to bed very soon.

We went to the fish market and bought some nice fish, then went for a drive to the beach, lovely day for it :)

Now relaxing on the recliner watching some TV :)

Going to bed soon, have a Costco run to make tomorrow. Shrek says we are out of printer ink and I need to get my continuing education stuff together so I can renew my nursing license. I'm not sure exactly how many hours I have and need 24...arrrgh!!!

Got the fright of my life when I went to the bathroom this morning. I'm weeing green! Then I remembered I had one too many sugar free liquorice candies yesterday, didn't think this would happen lol! Wonder why green and not grey, hehe!

Snip, you crack me up! :LOL::LOL:

I just got home from a ladies' night out at a friend's house watching the first installment of "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency". I had never heard of it before but some of my friends read the books. We had ice cream (well I didn't), popcorn (I did), baklava (I'll never tell!), and other goodies and a great gab session. I haven't seen several of these people in awhile and it was just nice to relax and enjoy myself. I know I will pay tomorrow morning pain wise, but it is TB's day off and we were just planning to watch movies anyway.

Oh, he took me out for dinner at Nando's before dropping me off so I didn't even need to cook today and to the dollar store to buy a bunch of craft stuff! :wub:

Snip, you crack me up! :LOL::LOL:

I just got home from a ladies' night out at a friend's house watching the first installment of "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency". I had never heard of it before but some of my friends read the books. We had ice cream (well I didn't), popcorn (I did), baklava (I'll never tell!), and other goodies and a great gab session. I haven't seen several of these people in awhile and it was just nice to relax and enjoy myself. I know I will pay tomorrow morning pain wise, but it is TB's day off and we were just planning to watch movies anyway.

Oh, he took me out for dinner at Nando's before dropping me off so I didn't even need to cook today and to the dollar store to buy a bunch of craft stuff! :wub:

Maybe I'm an alien :D
We used to go to The No 1 Ladies Detctive agency coffee shop and opera house in Botswana all the time, never watched the movie though.
Didn't know you have Nando's over there :) I like there new Peri peri spinach, I'll pass on the chicken :LOL:

Laurie, lovely to hear that you had such a nice time out with your friends :)

Got the fright of my life when I went to the bathroom this morning. I'm weeing green! Then I remembered I had one too many sugar free liquorice candies yesterday, didn't think this would happen lol! Wonder why green and not grey, hehe!

That would give me a fright too Snip :LOL:

That would be a first for me :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom