What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snip, you crack me up! :LOL::LOL:

I just got home from a ladies' night out at a friend's house watching the first installment of "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency". I had never heard of it before but some of my friends read the books. We had ice cream (well I didn't), popcorn (I did), baklava (I'll never tell!), and other goodies and a great gab session. I haven't seen several of these people in awhile and it was just nice to relax and enjoy myself. I know I will pay tomorrow morning pain wise, but it is TB's day off and we were just planning to watch movies anyway.

Oh, he took me out for dinner at Nando's before dropping me off so I didn't even need to cook today and to the dollar store to buy a bunch of craft stuff! :wub:
Oh, dear! I love the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency!!!!! Both the books and the BBC series. It sounds like a night out I could really enjoy!

I'm sitting in bed drinking the tea that Hubby brought up to me in bed. He is the greatest man on earth! Just saying.

That would give me a fright too Snip :LOL:

That would be a first for me :ROFLMAO:

You have no idea?! :LOL: Major freak out, saw it at 3 am for the first time, thought I was seeing things :ohmy:
I always get a fright when I've eaten too many beets too and on my 21st I remember weeing neon blue! One too many blue cocktails :LOL:
My sister woke me up to tell me that even her snot is blue, oh the memories of the naughty days :angel: I'm laughing so much just thinking about that night that I can barely type!

i keep running across old posts from people who have been gone from dc for a long while, or who have passed. sometimes it is a nice reminder of the person to read a post of theirs, but not so when i don't know if the person has died or just moved on....selkie, if you see this post, i'm talking about you. how about dropping by with a weather report from nw arkansas or something, just to let us know you are doing just fine without us.... :)

Man gas stations that are open in NJ are unreal!! Lines are so long and prices have gone up BIG time!!

I just got back from PA. Took me 1 hour to get there from pull up to filled up 10 minutes! $3.61 a gallon for regular. Amazing. So round trip 2 hr 10 minute. I would still be waiting on line to get 10 gallons (odd/even system here) for maybe a dollar more a gallon.

Man gas stations that are open in NJ are unreal!! Lines are so long and prices have gone up BIG time!!

I just got back from PA. Took me 1 hour to get there from pull up to filled up 10 minutes! $3.61 a gallon for regular. Amazing. So round trip 2 hr 10 minute. I would still be waiting on line to get 10 gallons (odd/even system here) for maybe a dollar more a gallon.

you go, girl!!! leave it to our very own msm to suss out the best ways and means to a tank full of gasoline in these times of craziness and rationing! here's hoping your land line phone will be up and running soon, and things gradually fall back into normal patterns for you once again. you are not running power off of a generator now, are you msm? we're seeing lotsof stories about people having to share power (and all sorts of other things too) with their neighbors. you certainly keep a very healthy and upbeat attitude during these very trying times, msm. we look forward to continued updates from you. keep a good thought....:)

Maybe I'm an alien :D
We used to go to The No 1 Ladies Detctive agency coffee shop and opera house in Botswana all the time, never watched the movie though.
Didn't know you have Nando's over there :) I like there new Peri peri spinach, I'll pass on the chicken :LOL:

Odette, I thought of you as they were showing the countryside of Botswana. Really? A coffee shop and opera house? That's too funny.

You wouldn't like our Nando's here. Chicken is the only protein they serve. The spinach sounds good but we don't have it here. You would be eating salad, fries, veggies or rice!:ermm:

Oh, dear! I love the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency!!!!! Both the books and the BBC series. It sounds like a night out I could really enjoy!

I am hooked after just one show! We are going to try and watch the whole series but I would also like to read the books!

you go, girl!!! leave it to our very own msm to suss out the best ways and means to a tank full of gasoline in these times of craziness and rationing! here's hoping your land line phone will be up and running soon, and things gradually fall back into normal patterns for you once again. you are not running power off of a generator now, are you msm? we're seeing lotsof stories about people having to share power (and all sorts of other things too) with their neighbors. you certainly keep a very healthy and upbeat attitude during these very trying times, msm. we look forward to continued updates from you. keep a good thought....:)
LOL Thank you Vit. Actually we only lost power for just under 24 hours. Everything was good in the fridge except a steak that sat in fridge to long. The milk and greens were still good. We couldn;t get back into our house till wednesday because we still had like 4 feet of water in our yard and had to wait for it to recede. We only really lost our landline phone and one of our curcuits keeps popping on 1 line that is dedicated to the a/c. Which we DON'T need at the moment LOL. Mother nature has turned up the natural a/c! But we need it checked out soon. We were told it is probably just the box that needs to be replaced. And the 1 bedroom, hallway and bathroom got a bit flooded. Hub already rented a rug cleaner and did that yesterday in the bedroom.

Claire said:

I love them both too!

I think all the stress has finally caught up with me big time. I am wiped out and feel a bit sick. Probably from wet and cold feet monday night when we spent the night in the car then another 24+ hours in a pretty cold hotel room. But all in all I count myself lucky others around us have lost EVERYTHING.

I think I will just be split 2 cans of Chunky Veg Beef soup over Success Rice for the 4 of us and call it a day.

msmofet said:
I think all the stress has finally caught up with me big time. I am wiped out and feel a bit sick. Probably from wet and cold feet monday night when we spent the night in the car then another 24+ hours in a pretty cold hotel room. But all in all I count myself lucky others around us have lost EVERYTHING.

I think I will just be split 2 cans of Chunky Veg Beef soup over Success Rice for the 4 of us and call it a day.

Hope you can get some rest, MsM!

Good morning everyone :)

Very warm night...23 degrees right now...going to be 36 degrees today :ohmy: and 34 tomorrow :ohmy: can we have Spring back please :)

This morning we are heading out early to Bunnings....our fave shop!

We are getting a couple of nice big pots for the patio and we are replanting a couple of the exisiting plants into them as we want then to grow more, so they need bigger pots for that ;)

Good to get out early and try to get back to the air conditioning before it reaches that 36c

yes, do rest yourself, msm. campbell's chunky vegetable beef soup sounds perfect for the day. this one time, we won't insist on a pic for the dinner thread from you either....:)

That sounds like a banquet for all of you right now. A nice hot meal. :angel:

I bought gallons of water, soup and boil in bag rice in case we lost power. Didn't think we would have to leave because a levvee would break. So we still have some soup and rice left.

I passed out last night around 12 a.m. Woke up this morning somewhere around 9:30 a.m. and was horrified. Had to get dressed fast. No time for a shower. Had to wrap eight mini loaves and get them to the church real fast. My legs wanted to fall off me at that point. The stairs to the fair are short, but curving. Can I make it? Do I call for help? I made it. I need to just drop them off and get back for shower and get ready for daughter who is pickiing me up to go for a much needed haircut. Everybody had to say thank you and give me a hug. Made it out of there and back home. Jump in the shower, dress and downstairs just in time as daughter pulls up. Didn't even have time to take pain pills. Get back home. Feeling guilty. Head back to the church. Every year I buy at least one item at the fair. So I get a pair of cute gold Christmas bow earings, buy a $1 chance (didn't win) and buy a cup of coffee. I did my bit, head home. Oh no. Did I miss ATK? No. Just in time. But fell asleep at the very beginniing and slept through the first 15 minutes.

Legs still hurting, only more. It is my thigh muscles. It has something to do with my thyroid. Don't know what, but was told many years ago by a doctor. Have to remember to ask my doctor the next time I see him. I still have a lot of things I have to do. Empty the five trash baskets and put in new liners, do three loads of laundry, clean the bathroom, a sinkful of silverware, take pain pills, finish paying bills on line, clean the kitchen, on and on. All I have managed to do is take pain pills. Oh I forgot, get meats wrapped for the freezer, make a fresh pot of coffee. I think I am going to call Son #1 and ask for his help. Hate to, but have no choice. I am getting too old to have a plate this full. I am goiing to have him take the laundry downstairs to do the laundry. I have been saving quarters for just such a day. Then while he is waiting for that to be done he can do the trash for me. The rest I can do tomorrow after I have given my thighs a chance to recover. I am exhausted. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom