What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sitting here whimpering quietly. I shoveled a LOT of snow yesterday and my shoulder hurts...

Oh, crap. I forgot about shoveling snow. It will probably be taboo for my shoulder this year. I'll have to find a kid somewhere to do some of it so SO doesn't try to do it all.

Time to buy a snowblower Andy. You can definitely do it with a snowblower. I'm pretty sorry I tried it though. I'd made so much progress with my stupid shoulder and now I'm back to square one!

I live in a condo development so I'm responsible for very little. I have to dig my car out of its parking space and move it so the parking area can be plowed clear. I have to shovel off my deck and shovel a path from back to front so I can get the trash and recycle to the curb. A small power shovel could do the trick.

Ah. I guess a snowblower is a bit of overkill. Our driveway is about 80-100ft long and narrow, I think that qualifies as snowblower territory.

A power shovel or a powerful kid should do the job! Good luck.

I understand completely Andy. I am sitting here with three lists in my mind. One list from the surgeon of things I can't do, a list of things I can do, but don't want to, and a list of things I would love to do but can't see well enough yet. Like sewing. I keep the eye that had the surgery closed. When I do open it, I can actually see things to my left. Something I have never been able to do all my life. Right now it is unsettling. But I am sure I will adjust. I would come and shovel for you, but I think that is on the list of "can't do." I know I sound crazy, but I have always loved shoveling. I am not so sure it is a good activity for a heart patient. But I would love to be abale to try a few shovels full. Make a pile big enough to make a snowgirl. :angel:

I'm sitting here whimpering quietly. I shoveled a LOT of snow yesterday and my shoulder hurts.

The snow outside is truly beautiful...until you have to drive in it! We got between 8 and 10 inches of heavy, wet snow. The snow plows are out, but they focus on the main roads and not the residential streets. Of course, you need to get out of your neighborhood to get on the streets! Oh well, slow and steady. I'm going to hole up with netflix til I have to go to work.
I'm sorry Alix, I know how that can hurt. Mine is finally getting to the point where I can move it without wincing.That will teach me not to fall. Please take care and feel better.Get a good movie some comfort nummies and rest.
cj

I live in a condo development so I'm responsible for very little. I have to dig my car out of its parking space and move it so the parking area can be plowed clear. I have to shovel off my deck and shovel a path from back to front so I can get the trash and recycle to the curb. A small power shovel could do the trick.

we don't have to do anything here. since the electrical room for the building is on our side and uses our path past the front door, the complex has to keep it clean from leaves and snow, and keep it salted which is great for me. my parking spot is next to the utilities spot and is a disabled spot so they keep it very clean too! :angel:

Good morning everyone :)

It is mums birthday today and we are having mum and her partner Don over for a dinner tonight, looking forward to it :)

Working on the bookkeeping for the club. I finally got access to online banking.

Good for you. Stay on them and don't let them get away with anything. After all it your dues also that keep that club going. Sounds like that is a very special club that has a lot of meaning for you. Otherwise you wouldn't be fightiing so hard to get things in order. :angel:

Sitting here trying to convince myself that I should go to the gym.

Have you given yourself a treat for all you have accomplished? For every ten pounds you lose, treat yourself. It doesn't have to be something expensive or big. Just something that makes you happy and you don't ordinarily do or have. :angel:

Alix said:
I'm sitting here whimpering quietly. I shoveled a LOT of snow yesterday and my shoulder hurts.

The snow outside is truly beautiful...until you have to drive in it! We got between 8 and 10 inches of heavy, wet snow. The snow plows are out, but they focus on the main roads and not the residential streets. Of course, you need to get out of your neighborhood to get on the streets! Oh well, slow and steady. I'm going to hole up with netflix til I have to go to work.

Could you send some of that heavy wet snow my way? We sure could use the moisture here.

I just harvested my cherry tomatoes from the basement. I pulled the plants up by the roots last month when we had a frost. All the little tomatoes were green. Now they are all red and ripe. I didn't believe it would work, but it does! I tried to just cover them but the wind was too strong. Lesson learned.

image-3214366546.jpg

Could you send some of that heavy wet snow my way? We sure could use the moisture here.

You don't know what you are asking for. We get a different type of snow in the east than you get. We get the heavy, wet, icy snow. So dang hard to shovel. You get the nice fluffy kind. :angel:

I just harvested my cherry tomatoes from the basement. I pulled the plants up by the roots last month when we had a frost. All the little tomatoes were green. Now they are all red and ripe. I didn't believe it would work, but it does! I tried to just cover them but the wind was too strong. Lesson learned.

View attachment 16246

They look beautiful. :angel:

chopper said:

Nice, Chopper! I picked all my cherry toms green prior to the freeze, put them in a bowl, and by now they've all turned red. Once I had such a prolific cherry tom in a pot, we brought it inside, and it produced till January!

What a busy morning!

I have made the tart shells, blind baked, baked and now they are cooling

I have got everything ready to make the chocolate ganache and the sweetened whipped cream

I have also cut up all the chicken and that is now marinading in the fridge

Have done all the dishes from this mornings cooking and swept and mopped the kitchen floor...now time for a coffee break :)

Back
Top Bottom