What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My son sent off the picture for my daughter to a place in Minn. to have it enlarged on adic free paper. FedEx received it on the eight of this month. Here it is the 12th. And it is finally in Conn. So much for overnight delivery. Looks like I will finally get it in time for Thanksgiving to give to her. My son has to frame it. Then he has to get it here to me. I am not fuming. Just feeling so resigned because it is all out of my hands. I hope my son understands how important this project is to me. :angel:

Kylie1969 said:
Happy Tuesday :)

This morning I am going to start moving some peebles and bricks from around our water feature in the garden as we are taking it out this weekend

As lovely as it is, it is a place for mozzies to breed and hang around, with water just there all the time and there are always so many of them out the back and they love me, but I hate their bites, so it must go!

We are going to replace it with a large plant or a couple of smaller ones and then cover the area with bark to match the surrounding area :)

Then I have to go to the shops for a stack of fruit...we are changing our eating habits to be even healthier :)

Then I am going to visit mum for a coffee :)

http://www.gardeners.com/Mosquitoes/GardenPests_Mosquitoes,default,sc.html

Mosquito Control Rings, I use them in the bird baths and my little fountain pond. I break them up and just use pieces for the small water features.

My son sent off the picture for my daughter to a place in Minn. to have it enlarged on adic free paper. FedEx received it on the eight of this month. Here it is the 12th. And it is finally in Conn. So much for overnight delivery. Looks like I will finally get it in time for Thanksgiving to give to her. My son has to frame it. Then he has to get it here to me. I am not fuming. Just feeling so resigned because it is all out of my hands. I hope my son understands how important this project is to me. :angel:
Here's wishing that everything works out well with your project. :angel:

I don't know about in the US, but here if I pay for overnight with FedEx and it doesn't get there overnight, I can get a refund.

Here's wishing that everything works out well with your project. :angel:

I don't know about in the US, but here if I pay for overnight with FedEx and it doesn't get there overnight, I can get a refund.

Same here. Although they may have shipped it Ground. :angel:

Kylie1969 said:
Happy Tuesday :)

This morning I am going to start moving some peebles and bricks from around our water feature in the garden as we are taking it out this weekend

As lovely as it is, it is a place for mozzies to breed and hang around, with water just there all the time and there are always so many of them out the back and they love me, but I hate their bites, so it must go!

We are going to replace it with a large plant or a couple of smaller ones and then cover the area with bark to match the surrounding area :)

Then I have to go to the shops for a stack of fruit...we are changing our eating habits to be even healthier :)

Then I am going to visit mum for a coffee :)

Hapoy Tuesday :) I need a translation: What are peebles and mozzies?

I'm running around like a chicken with no head.

I thought Stirling was coming home tomorrow. Turns out his flight is scheduled to land at 18h04 today. I'm delighted to have him home a day earlier than I expected. But, I am up to my eyeballs in creating and printing enough copies of the Danish Club's updated financial reports for all the members coming to the AGM tomorrow. I couldn't update them sooner - I got the last changes from our auditor this morning.

I would tell Stirling to take a taxi from the airport. He would get reimbursed as a travel expense. But, they have given him a powerful PC and four monitors! I should be able to fit that in my car. If it won't go in the back seat or easily into the trunk, I can fold the back seats down.

Haha, I just got a text from Stirling saying he had to rush to the airport. He thought it was tomorrow.

I asked if he thought he could get a mini-van taxi home from the airport.

Good morning everyone. There are days when I think the world hates me. When does the phone ring? When you are in the shower of course. When is there a knock at the door? When you are standing there wrapped in a towel soaking wet of course.

Now I have to walk around with my left eye closed. The vision is really great. And the lens from my glasses is too strong and keeping my eye open gives me a headache. But I still need them for the right eye. I can see I am going to have one of "those" days. But it is bound to get better. I need to find a nice quiet sappy movie on the TV and have some piece and quiet.

I am supposed to go to a meeting tonight. But I think I am going to stay home. the meetings are so boring. I am on the advisory board for the elderly housing in our area. They always hold these meetings during a meal time. Even breakfast. We have mentioned that we would like to see some food that caters to the diabetic. Falls on deaf ears. So I always eat before I go. Although they have started to serve bottled water for those that don't drink soda. Small victory. I will take it.

Anyway, today I am going to finish up the Italian sausages I cooked yesterday. I just may spend the day out in the kitchen. Spike wants a chocolate cream pie. I make the chocolate part from scratch and use the pre made Oreo cookie chocolate pie crust. I top it with plenty of sweetened whipped cream. What doesn't go on the pie, goes home with him in a container. :angel:

I'm running around like a chicken with no head.

I thought Stirling was coming home tomorrow. Turns out his flight is scheduled to land at 18h04 today. I'm delighted to have him home a day earlier than I expected. But, I am up to my eyeballs in creating and printing enough copies of the Danish Club's updated financial reports for all the members coming to the AGM tomorrow. I couldn't update them sooner - I got the last changes from our auditor this morning.

I would tell Stirling to take a taxi from the airport. He would get reimbursed as a travel expense. But, they have given him a powerful PC and four monitors! I should be able to fit that in my car. If it won't go in the back seat or easily into the trunk, I can fold the back seats down.

Haha, I just got a text from Stirling saying he had to rush to the airport. He thought it was tomorrow.

I asked if he thought he could get a mini-van taxi home from the airport.

Aha! You are having one of those day also I see. Good luck. If the monitors are flat screens, they should fit into a taxi or any vehicle easily. It is the CPU that will take up the most room. Have a fun day. :angel:

Aha! You are having one of those day also I see. Good luck. If the monitors are flat screens, they should fit into a taxi or any vehicle easily. It is the CPU that will take up the most room. Have a fun day. :angel:
:angel:
Oh yeah, those are flat screen monitors.

But, I just got a text from Stirling saying he will take a taxi. The box wasn't ready. :LOL:

I had a lousy weekend. At physical therapy last Friday, the therapist assistant introduced a new, harder exercise for me to start. So being an obedient guy, Saturday morning I did all my exercises including the new one. OUCH, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I backed off and applied ice. I tried again later that day and had the same issue. Tried again Sunday, still bad.

I'm not talking about a sore muscle from exercise, this was a sharp pain. I was worried. I laid off all exercise Monday and went to see the PT folks today. Lots of concerned questions then the therapist left to see my Dr. Later he cam back, followed by the Dr. When I saw him coming, I was worried. After a brief period of poking and prodding, I was told I had not damaged the surgical repair. All I have to do is lay off for a couple of days and ramp up again.

Damn, that was a close call.

Had a so-so day at work. Bizarre Tummy troubles, so I didn't get to eat the lunch that was bought for me, I did get to bring it home and just finished it a bit ago. Still got a lot of work done, but the computer was swiping and dumping information right before our eyes...maddening! I thought it was just me but several people mentioned it happening.

Reading catalogs, getting my Christmas list figured out. Going nuts trying to figure out what to get for Shrek.

I had a lousy weekend. At physical therapy last Friday, the therapist assistant introduced a new, harder exercise for me to start. So being an obedient guy, Saturday morning I did all my exercises including the new one. OUCH, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I backed off and applied ice. I tried again later that day and had the same issue. Tried again Sunday, still bad.

I'm not talking about a sore muscle from exercise, this was a sharp pain. I was worried. I laid off all exercise Monday and went to see the PT folks today. Lots of concerned questions then the therapist left to see my Dr. Later he cam back, followed by the Dr. When I saw him coming, I was worried. After a brief period of poking and prodding, I was told I had not damaged the surgical repair. All I have to do is lay off for a couple of days and ramp up again.

Damn, that was a close call.

Yikes, Andy! Glad you didn't damage anything.

We just got home from our daughter's 8th grade, jazz band concert. She plays the piano, she did a wonderful job. It's about time for bed now. G'nite all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom