What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been out nearly all day...shopping :)

I have done the grocery shopping and also bought some new wooden chopping boards, which were on a great special, normally $59.95 each, on special for only $19.95 each, so I got 2, the same size :)

I had a lousy weekend. At physical therapy last Friday, the therapist assistant introduced a new, harder exercise for me to start. So being an obedient guy, Saturday morning I did all my exercises including the new one. OUCH, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I backed off and applied ice. I tried again later that day and had the same issue. Tried again Sunday, still bad.

I'm not talking about a sore muscle from exercise, this was a sharp pain. I was worried. I laid off all exercise Monday and went to see the PT folks today. Lots of concerned questions then the therapist left to see my Dr. Later he cam back, followed by the Dr. When I saw him coming, I was worried. After a brief period of poking and prodding, I was told I had not damaged the surgical repair. All I have to do is lay off for a couple of days and ramp up again.

Damn, that was a close call.

Andy, I am glad you caught it in time. Take good care of yourself my friend.

I had a lousy weekend. At physical therapy last Friday, the therapist assistant introduced a new, harder exercise for me to start. So being an obedient guy, Saturday morning I did all my exercises including the new one. OUCH, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I backed off and applied ice. I tried again later that day and had the same issue. Tried again Sunday, still bad.

I'm not talking about a sore muscle from exercise, this was a sharp pain. I was worried. I laid off all exercise Monday and went to see the PT folks today. Lots of concerned questions then the therapist left to see my Dr. Later he cam back, followed by the Dr. When I saw him coming, I was worried. After a brief period of poking and prodding, I was told I had not damaged the surgical repair. All I have to do is lay off for a couple of days and ramp up again.

Damn, that was a close call.

PT is not supposed to create new pain. :angel:

We just got home from our daughter's 8th grade, jazz band concert. She plays the piano, she did a wonderful job. It's about time for bed now. G'nite all.

SB, sounds like a wonderful night had by all :)

Your daughter did very well by the sounds of it too :)

Still having problems with stomach ick...came home early from work and slept for 4 hours. Just now moving around. Working on some chicken breast I bought to make single serve Udon and Chicken Soup.

Today Steve and I went to the hospital for Steve's follow up appt. from his surgery...all is well and he doesnt have to go back for anymore check ups :)

We then hit the shops and bought a few kitchen items :)

Then Steve took me out to lunch, we went to our fave Indian restaurant, it was so lovely, but we ate too much as per normal up there :LOL:

We had chicken tikka masala, lamb rogan josh, onion bahji, butter naan and steamed rice :yum:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Still having problems with stomach ick...came home early from work and slept for 4 hours. Just now moving around. Working on some chicken breast I bought to make single serve Udon and Chicken Soup.

Yuck. Feel better soon, PF!

Sounds like you had a great meal out Kylie.

I went to the Danish Club luncheon/AGM. Sandwiches were good, as usual. I am now the treasurer instead of the vice president. They really liked the layout and detail of my financial reports.

Kylie1969 said:
Today Steve and I went to the hospital for Steve's follow up appt. from his surgery...all is well and he doesnt have to go back for anymore check ups :)

We then hit the shops and bought a few kitchen items :)

Then Steve took me out to lunch, we went to our fave Indian restaurant, it was so lovely, but we ate too much as per normal up there :LOL:

We had chicken tikka masala, lamb rogan josh, onion bahji, butter naan and steamed rice :yum:

Yay! So glad Steve has healed well! Your lunch sounds wonderful, Kylie!

taxlady said:

I went to the Danish Club luncheon/AGM. Sandwiches were good, as usual. I am now the treasurer instead of the vice president. They really liked the layout and detail of my financial reports.

Yes! Congrats, Taxy!

Thanks Taxy and DL....it was so tasty, we love going to this restaurant, usually for dinners but it was nice to go for a lunch for a change :)

Very full though...light tea tonight for sure ;)

Congratulations Taxy, that is fabulous news :)

Yay!! Hard work does pay off! Conga-rats!

Back
Top Bottom