What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you.

It may be a bit of "never volunteer for anything". I will now spend the socializing hour before each lunch collecting money. :ermm:

As Treasurer, maybe you can adjust the timing for payment to allow you to be an active participant. This 30 minutes, you are available, otherwise catch up with you after the event.

Doing laundry and thinking about packing. When we headed south in the spring (another parental emergency) we swore we were going to buy new luggage. Did we? No. I just put away all my summer clothes and have to go up and bring them back down. Plus a dress for a funeral. I think I've managed to cancel all holiday invitations (I usually make Thanksgiving dinner for my friends, then throw a big holiday bash on the first Sunday in December, but I don't think I'll be here).

Sounds like you had a great meal out Kylie.

I went to the Danish Club luncheon/AGM. Sandwiches were good, as usual. I am now the treasurer instead of the vice president. They really liked the layout and detail of my financial reports.

We knew all along you could do it. What took them so long? :angel:

Doing laundry and thinking about packing. When we headed south in the spring (another parental emergency) we swore we were going to buy new luggage. Did we? No. I just put away all my summer clothes and have to go up and bring them back down. Plus a dress for a funeral. I think I've managed to cancel all holiday invitations (I usually make Thanksgiving dinner for my friends, then throw a big holiday bash on the first Sunday in December, but I don't think I'll be here).

Big hugs, take care of yourself!

We knew all along you could do it. What took them so long? :angel:
It wasn't them. I could have been treasurer in February, when our treasurer resigned. I didn't want to be treasurer. But, now I see that it is probably less stress for me if I am treasurer.

I just got back from buying our frozen Thanksgiving turkey. I thought I would see how much a fresh one would cost, holy moley. I didn't know they cost twice as much as a frozen one. What do you buy?

Good morning guys :)

This morning I have a few things to get from the shops and I am also going to a fish shop to buy some more lovely fresh fish :)

Then I have some boring ironing to do and a bit of housework :rolleyes:

Just got back from Honours Evening at Caitlin's school. She got a Gold Certificate for Academic Achievement!!!! 6th year in a row. Soooooo proud!!!!!

you know joanne, my one experience with a fresh turkey is best described as underwhelming. talked into buying a fresh bird by a chef friend of mine, i hosted a non-family thanksgiving gathering of some 25 friends and neighbors. perhaps i had set the bar of my expectations too high. the turkey was expertly roasted, basted and meticulously tended throughout.

the turkey was a golden beauty to behold, but...okay, here we go: i had been told to expect a turkey juicier than a frozen one, and one that would have superior flavor. well, in my opinion our fresh organic turkey was just as good, but only as good, as most of the butterballs that had come before. it was a tasty and juicy bird, but no tastier or juicier than any good frozen turkey from previous years.

personally, i would never again opt for a fresh turkey over frozen, even if price was not an issue. again, maybe my inflated expectations have negatively affected my perceptions of my one fresh turkey experience. the lingering impression i am left with about that turkey is, it was a good bird, but nothing special....

Last edited:
Just got back from Honours Evening at Caitlin's school. She got a Gold Certificate for Academic Achievement!!!! 6th year in a row. Soooooo proud!!!!!

congratulations, caitlin, and caitlin's proud mom! we at dc are proud of you as well! this is marvelous news, snip and a big honor! of course we have known all along that your girl is smart as a whip, how could she not be?:)

congratulations, caitlin, and caitlin's proud mom! we at dc are proud of you as well! this is marvelous news, snip and a big honor! of course we have known all along that your girl is smart as a whip, how could she not be?:)

Thank you V :) I'll pass on the message as well, she'll be shuffed! She was so excited tonight!

All the shopping is done, all the ironing is done YAY..now need to get on with mopping floors etc

Having a coffee break now though ;)

Hey Snip CONGRATS to your daughter and to you too. Such a proud moment in any parents life.:clap:

Well, I'm just sitting here(of course)browsing a few sites incl Facebook. Have to get moving soon to get on with the dreaded house work I have awaiting me. Might head down to the shops to grab a few things I need like some new undies which are on special in one shop. Cant do without enough undies,can we :LOL:
Will also pop in to see a sick friend as well on the way home.

it sure seems like you aussie's get to do a lot of shopping, and general bopping around town. if this is true, i need to contemplate a move.... :)

V, I do a main grocery shop once a week but sometimes I need to go out again to get bits and pieces and if I need things other than groceries for example :)

I am out and about a fair bit, like to be active :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom