What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kylie1969 said:
Thank you V xxx

We normally only dine out about once a month but we have done well in selling one of our games so we have treated ourselves a bit lately with some outings and new things for the home etc

What kind of games do you sell?

I just ordered a new toaster oven through Amazon.com. Now I'll make lasagna for DH's birthday dinner tomorrow. Made the sauce yesterday and will put it together today. Tastes much better after it has sat overnight.

Trying to figure out how to make it through the day without running water. Our subdivision had a new well dug, and is now super-chlorinating it, so the water is turned off. We won't have water till tomorrow. I filled the bathtub, but the drain leaks, so there's an inch left. I also filled a large stock pot with water for cooking and washing. I'd planned on making vegetable soup with beef shanks, that may have to wait till tomorrow.

Trying to figure out how to make it through the day without running water. Our subdivision had a new well dug, and is now super-chlorinating it, so the water is turned off. We won't have water till tomorrow. I filled the bathtub, but the drain leaks, so there's an inch left. I also filled a large stock pot with water for cooking and washing. I'd planned on making vegetable soup with beef shanks, that may have to wait till tomorrow.
Well that sounds like a PITA. I think you have the perfect excuse for eating out. You wouldn't want to have to wash dishes. ;)

purple.alien.giraffe said:
+1 on the eating out idea. So long as I could budget it in it's what I'd likely do.

No shower. :( Maybe takeout pizza.

I had totally forgotten they were shutting off the water today, barely got the tub and pot filled in time.

Taking online Continuing Education Courses for my Nursing License...need 13 hours...Procrastinator's 'r' Us...arrrrgh!

What kind of games do you sell?

GG, Steve and I make our own games, usually Solitaire games :)

We sell them on Big Fish Games and a few other game portals

Steve is a software engineer and so programming games comes easy to him and I make graphics, do all the testing, sounds, music etc

This morning Steve and I are heading out to some garden centres to buy a few things....it is a lovely sunny morning for it too!

GG, Steve and I make our own games, usually Solitaire games :)

We sell them on Big Fish Games and a few other game portals

Steve is a software engineer and so programming games comes easy to him and I make graphics, do all the testing, sounds, music etc

That sounds like fun :) Does he do the games on the side? I mean, does he have a regular job as a software engineer and then program and sell the games as a freelance sort of thing? :cool:

Thanks GG :)

Yes he has a fulltime job as a software engineer and he programs the games on weeknights and weekends

Whenever we start a game, it usually takes about 6 months to complete due to having to fit it around work, he works so hard and when we make the games he gets so mentally drained the poor thing!

He is very clever how he can do all this too, he is always amazing me just how smart he is :)

Better than ironing, right Kylie? I have work clothes that I hang up as soon as they are dry so I don't have to iron them.

Just got home from the pool. I fell pretty washed out. I swam 41 laps in 2 hours. I'm sure I did not break any records but I feel alot better now.

I'm staying home and reading a book. I was supposed to go to a party with Stirling, but I have a premonition that I shouldn't go. It's not a strong premonition, but I have been sorry I didn't listen to feeble premonitions in the past. I will be nervous until Stirling gets home. The premonition is feeble enough that I can't tell if it involves Stirling, though I don't think so.

Why thank you :) I don't think I'm "that" either. Just ended up here because of a stupid choice I made. Won't be here long, my kids can't grow up here :(
Snip, don't put yourself down. Everyone is beautiful in their own way,ok.:heart:

Oh,is it like that where you live ey? :(

I know the feeling as I too have lived in not so nice places with my kids but eventually moved away and you will do that soon too. Just don't give up.

We have just got back, went to 3 garden centres and bought another couple of plants for our garden...we only have the room because we have removed our water feature...LOL..pretty full garden ;)

We also bought some new secateurs, some weed killer and some more garden stakes for the veggie patch :)

On the way home we stopped off at a bakery and had a lovely pasty each :yum:

Having a coffee break now and then out into the garden to do some planting...lovely sunny day so looking forward to it :)

Back
Top Bottom