What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yes, anything is better than ironing :LOL: :LOL:

One of th great joys of my life is that I almost never have to iron anymore! For years when I was working and divorced, I had to iron dress shirts for work and press casual slacks (suits had to be dry cleaned).

Now, on rare occasions, I may have to press a shirt or a pair of slacks for a dressier occasion. The rest of the time, it's all wash and wear.

Andy, you are so lucky that you do not have to iron much these days ;)

I have to iron all Steve's office work shirts and slacks...luckily only 4 of them though as on Fridays they have casual day at the office YAY :w00t2:

what is it about running a hospice that appeals to you, pf?

It's difficult to say. It's the last thing I can ever do for some people, the vulnerable dying need care that sees past the person they were and provide the comfort they need at this time in their life. I'm also hoping that when it's my time the good that I have done will be returned to me in kind and loving hands. No one, no matter who they were, deserves to die alone.

It's difficult to say. It's the last thing I can ever do for some people, the vulnerable dying need care that sees past the person they were and provide the comfort they need at this time in their life. I'm also hoping that when it's my time the good that I have done will be returned to me in kind and loving hands. No one, no matter who they were, deserves to die alone.
That is absolutelty beautiful. It just shows everyone what a wonderful person you really are. My sister lived with us the last year of her life with in home hospice care. I cannot say enough good about the hospice workers that help attend to her care. It is the most selfless, caring & challenging job a person could ever have in my opinion.

Well, we have finished everything out in the garden, had nice hot showers and now having a coffee...garden is looking great :)

Dh got a wild hair & pulled all of the clothes out of my closet. Went through all of them, good feeling. ZGot rid of alot of pants & shirts that are way to big on me. Feels great! There were a few I wanted to keep just because I liked them so much even though they were to big but dh said absolutely not, they are all going to good will.

Kylie1969 said:
Andy, you are so lucky that you do not have to iron much these days ;)

I have to iron all Steve's office work shirts and slacks...luckily only 4 of them though as on Fridays they have casual day at the office YAY :w00t2:

A long, long time ago, when DH was in the Navy, he asked me to iron his clothes and they had to be done a particular way. I said, I'm not in the Navy, dude. Iron your own clothes. And that's the way it's been for 28 years heehee

A long, long time ago, when DH was in the Navy, he asked me to iron his clothes and they had to be done a particular way. I said, I'm not in the Navy, dude. Iron your own clothes. And that's the way it's been for 28 years heehee

That's kinda how I got started. I was a kid and mom was ironing. I asked if I could try it. Big mistake, mom never ironed for me again.

Dh got a wild hair & pulled all of the clothes out of my closet. Went through all of them, good feeling. ZGot rid of alot of pants & shirts that are way to big on me. Feels great! There were a few I wanted to keep just because I liked them so much even though they were to big but dh said absolutely not, they are all going to good will.

Excellent!!! See, he's been paying attention!:)

Thanks, SB. It's my calling, I love my old folks.

very good way to put it, sb and pf--a calling, that could even be spiritual in nature-- but a summons which is highly personal and deeply meaningful, for certain. yes, I believe that you answer to a special voice, pf. but you keep your feet firmly planted on the ground as you minister to those in your care. the spiritual and the material have found a perfect balance within you, and you carry them with an easy grace wherever you go, pf....

Taking online Continuing Education Courses for my Nursing License...need 13 hours...Procrastinator's 'r' Us...arrrrgh!

My poor DIL. She has learned that when my son is working on his MCE, leave him alone. Don't even attempt to feed him. She usually takes the baby and goes out for the day. Don't feel bad, he too waits until the last minute. :angel:

very good way to put it, sb and pf--a calling, that could even be spiritual in nature-- but a summons which is highly personal and deeply meaningful, for certain. yes, I believe that you answer to a special voice, pf. but you keep your feet firmly planted on the ground as you minister to those in your care. the spiritual and the material have found a perfect balance within you, and you carry them with an easy grace wherever you go, pf....

Thank you, Vit!

My poor DIL. She has learned that when my son is working on his MCE, leave him alone. Don't even attempt to feed him. She usually takes the baby and goes out for the day. Don't feel bad, he too waits until the last minute. :angel:

Now I have 5 hours to go...:rolleyes: Hoping to have it done this weekend so I can enjoy the holidays.

Earlier, I assembled a new piece of furniture. Then I deconstructed a turkey into boneless breasts and thighs for future meals and chopped the rest up for stock for Thanksgiving. Then I had to clean up and sanitize half the kitchen.

My shoulder is letting me know it is not happy with this unscheduled burst of activity. I guess Ill be a little sore for a day or two.

I just packaged up my caramelized onions in 1-cup measures and put them in the freezer. Next is to make the tiramisu cheesecake for DH's birthday dinner tonight (we're celebrating tonight, although his b'day isn't till Wednesday). I also need to put the lasagna together (didn't get to it yesterday) and finish the focaccia. Better get going.

I made a chocolate cream pie for Spike yesterday. I had forgotten that the recipe made the chocolate a little too bitter for my taste. But Spike loves it.

Today I have a smoked shoulder on the stove. I have to stop picking at it. Spike picked it out for me. I usually get a Smithfield, but this was a maverick brand and it is really good. A lot of flavor. I need to peel a couple of potatoes and carrots.

I have two appointments this week. The make up one with the eye surgeon and one with my vascular doctor. I also missed my appointment with my cardiologist. I will have to make that one up also. But I want to wait until after all my surgery stuff is done with. And with the holidays coming up, medical stuff is the last thiing I want to deal with.

I was in the mist of a very severe bout with the psoriasis. So bad, they were considering putting me in the hospital so I could get some around the clock treatment. Two days ago, I woke up and was in the middle of going into remission. They do know that stress plays a big part with this disease. So maybe it was all the stress from my eyes and my daughter that was creating the flareup. Once the eye surgery was done on one eye, it reduced a lot of the stress. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom