What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for you! Doesn't that feel great? I like to get the shopping done early so I can go out and "people watch" right before Christmas. Relaxing to watch the others shopping and rushing around when I am finished. I can enjoy a cup of tea while watching others scurry about. The decorations at the malls are much prettier when your shopping is finished. Also it leaves more time to drive around and look at the light displays.

Dud you play Christmas music while wrapping the gifts?

That is such a good idea Chops...watch others madly rush around :LOL:

It is nice to be organised ;)

I dont play Christmas music whilst wrapping the presents but I like the idea, we have Christmas music playing all Christmas Day though :)

Sitting down for the first time since 6 am this morning & it's 10:30 pm now. Full day. Work was busy, got all the grocery shopping done, crazy busy grocery store, got home, made a layered, brownie andes mint dessert, cleaned the house, made a hotdish for the early ones coming tomorrow & got the turkey marinating. Whew! Feels good to sit down for awhile before bed.

Sitting down for the first time since 6 am this morning & it's 10:30 pm now. Full day. Work was busy, got all the grocery shopping done, crazy busy grocery store, got home, made a layered, brownie Andes mint dessert, cleaned the house, made a hot-dish for the early ones coming tomorrow & got the turkey marinating. Whew! Feels good to sit down for awhile before bed.

I envy folks who can go all day like that. I used to. But age has caught up with me. I keep telling myself that it is time for the next generation to take over. I still resent handing it over to them. I am not done yet. My mind would like to tell me I can still do it all. Then when I listen to my mind, the chest pains remind me very quickly that I can't. Give it up Addie. It is very hard to sit back and watch others do what I used to do.

When my kids were small, I used to have days like yours. There was always something left undone at the end of the day. So I would get up early before anyone else was awake, and iron that blouse, or shirt, make those cupcakes for the school party, etc.

Sit back and do nothing. You earned a good rest. And think, all that activity is a contributing factor to your losing more weight. :angel:

Today I went to the shops again, gee it is getting busy out there!

I bought some new kitchen canisters, the same ones that we bought for mum for Christmas yesterday...I liked them so much I had to have some too :LOL:

I also bought mum another present, a novel called Fifty Shades of Grey

Also another present for mum to give me, a set of Pepper and Salt Mills..they were $50.00 for the pair and really good quality :)

Them mum came over this afternoon for coffee :)

I'm not really looking forward to shopping today, but it's payday for me, and I need stuff.

I combined my grocery lists so that I can get everything at Walmart, paying more for the grocery portion, and making my Save-A-Lot trip for sometime next week.

I bought some new kitchen canisters, the same ones that we bought for mum for Christmas yesterday...I liked them so much I had to have some too :LOL:

Also another present for mum to give me, a set of Pepper and Salt Mills..they were $50.00 for the pair and really good quality :)

Kylie, it sounds like you and your Mum have a very special close relationship. Treasure it and don't ever lose it. :angel:

Kylie, it sounds like you and your Mum have a very special close relationship. Treasure it and don't ever lose it. :angel:

Thanks Ads, yes we sure do :)

We have always been close, I think though, that we got even closer when my dad died back in 2000.

Mum is one of my best friends and I can talk with her about anything, I always want to have her around, she is great company and very trendy for her age :)

Steve and mum get along famously too...not bad for a son and MIL :LOL:

Good morning!

Today I have to do the grocery shopping..but no ironing...YAY, I did all that last night before tea :)

I am going to make some tuna mornay for lunch and then a bit of housework this afternoon.

Steve is going out for a work lunch today as one of his colleagues is leaving tomorrow, so he will enjoy that :)

Hope everyone is having a nice day/night :)

Kylie, I love the relationship you and your mum have. My mom and I were very close. My Hubby also had a fantastic relationship with my mom. In fact when he stood up and talked at her funeral he teased about the fact that he was her favorite. You see, she was good at making everyone feel so special, and and some point everyone got to be her favorite. Thanks for sharing your stories of doing things with your mum. I love hearing them. My mom has been gone nearly 2 years now, and I couldn't miss her any more.

I took a half day off. Just dinking around, doing laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, mucking out the sun room, and checking on DC. Turkey day is elsewhere, so no cooking for tomorrow.

Last edited:
We cleaned house this morning. I'm getting ready to work on some chores for tomorrow - get ingredients ready for breakfast bread pudding, microwave and dice the butternut squash, and chop the vegetables for the stuffing. Yeeks, I need to make the pumpkin pie, too! Need to start that first!

Spray the nest with a hose. They build nests under soffets bc the nest will die if they get wet.

Kylie, I love the relationship you and your mum have. My mom and I were very close. My Hubby also had a fantastic relationship with my mom. In fact when he stood up and talked at her funeral he teased about the fact that he was her favorite. You see, she was good at making everyone feel so special, and and some point everyone got to be her favorite. Thanks for sharing your stories of doing things with your mum. I love hearing them. My mom has been gone nearly 2 years now, and I couldn't miss her any more.

Thank you Chops :)

That is great that you and your mum were close too and I know how much you must miss her. When I lost my dad, it killed me and 12 years later I still get emotional when I think of him, which is often. I know with a mum it would be devastating as mum's are very special too and that bond between mum and daughter is very strong

I hope you are doing OK Chops big hug xxx

I went for my eye appointment today. They are going to do the right eye at the end of December. My eye surgeon said I am healing beautifully. It seems that there is another person in the computer with the same name. Only she is 20 years old. When I checked in, the girl was looking at me strangely. Then she asked me for my birthday. I know in a big city, there can often be folks with the same name. But it is making me suspicious. :angel:

It's rough isn't it when you lose someone dear who has that special magic my mother had it too. Hy dh said many times of all our parents inclucing his mom that he would pick my mom as a live in with us because she was so good natured and pleasent and ok lets have fun. And she was. God help us when she becan to slip and got dementia. But you know what he still loved her dearly and sood and cried when she passed. It's been 6 years and he still misses her as do I. Hang on to the wonderful memories your growing now they will last you a life time.
kades

Kylie1969 said:

Fifty shades of grey.... Interesting

Kylie1969 said:
I hope you are doing OK Chops big hug xxx

I'm ok. It is just a tough time of year with holiday baking and all. She gave me the gift of baking and cooking. Thanks for caring.

I'm ok. It is just a tough time of year with holiday baking and all. She gave me the gift of baking and cooking. Thanks for caring.

I know, this time of the year is when we think of lost loved ones the most!

That is so wonderful that you received the wonderful gift of baking and cooking from your dear mum :)

Back
Top Bottom