What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have just been talking to mum on the phone, she is going to come over on Tuesday when the curtains are being installed...I want her to see them going on too :)

I cant wait!

SB, we arent but we have had some curtains for the 3 years that we have owned our home and thought it was time for a change...also the curtains we have now dont have pull cords, which I really like...sick of opening them all up by hand :LOL:

So we are having new curtains in the bedroom, dining room, lounge room and the back sliding door, which is three panels of glass.

We are having slimline venetian blinds in the bay window in the kitchen :)

Working on the books for the Danish Club. I have to enter all the names, addresses, phone numbers, email addies of all the members. I'm doing it in batches, as they pay for stuff. Later, I will enter the rest.

Have just had tea, that was really tasty, done all the dishes and now relaxing with a cup of tea :)

Going to play my Criminal Minds HOG soon ;)

Been fighting off a cold for several days (I always seem to get sick when I have time off of work-and I had all this week off) so I decided to try to sleep in this morning. At 5:30 am I started coughing and woke right up. Knowing I needed rest, I got up and drank some water. Still coughing, so I grabbed a cough drop and propped myself up in bed. Still some coughing, but managed to get some more rest. Now I am having hot tea and thinking about what to eat for breakfast.

LOL Addie. Maybe they just didn't have Sunday dinners growing up like the rest of us. Pot roast was a usual meal for us on any given Sunday. :)

I used to put Sunday dinner on just before we headed out to church. And a pot roast was perfect. A very low simmer. :angel:

Been fighting off a cold for several days (I always seem to get sick when I have time off of work-and I had all this week off) so I decided to try to sleep in this morning. At 5:30 am I started coughing and woke right up. Knowing I needed rest, I got up and drank some water. Still coughing, so I grabbed a cough drop and propped myself up in bed. Still some coughing, but managed to get some more rest. Now I am having hot tea and thinking about what to eat for breakfast.

This is not the time of year to not be feeling well. I have some Christmas music playing just for you. I hope you can hear it. :angel:

Addie said:
I used to put Sunday dinner on just before we headed out to church. And a pot roast was perfect. A very low simmer. :angel:

Did you live at my house? That is just what we did when I was growing up. ;)

Addie said:
This is not the time of year to not be feeling well. I have some Christmas music playing just for you. I hope you can hear it. :angel:

Christmas music, what a great idea! I'm going to go turn some on right now. Thanks!

It sounds like you and I have the same thing. I also woke up this morning with a case of laryngitis and tonight is our big Thanksgiving meal at my sons house. I just hope I don't pass this on to anyone else.:unsure:

It sounds like you and I have the same thing. I also woke up this morning with a case of laryngitis and tonight is our big Thanksgiving meal at my sons house. I just hope I don't pass this on to anyone else.:unsure:

One year at the start of the Christmas vacation from school, my youngest got the flu. He was sick the whole time. He missed the first day back to school. Come February vacation, he had a relaspe. Spent the whol vacation in bed again. Missed half of the first week back to school. Come spring vation, he had another relaspe. Spent the whole vacation in bed. He couldn't shake that dang flu until the middle of June. Just in time to come down with chicken pox. :angel:

Addie said:
One year at the start of the Christmas vacation from school, my youngest got the flu. He was sick the whole time. He missed the first day back to school. Come February vacation, he had a relaspe. Spent the whol vacation in bed again. Missed half of the first week back to school. Come spring vation, he had another relaspe. Spent the whole vacation in bed. He couldn't shake that dang flu until the middle of June. Just in time to come down with chicken pox. :angel:

Since I work for a school district, I get that time off of work now. I was sick over the Christmas break last year-really sick! At least this hasn't been too bad, and I seem to feel ok during the day. BTW, the Christmas music is helping.

Hope that cold goes away quickly Chopper. They are such a nuisance. You don't feel that you are sick enough to "act sick", take off work, get needed rest.

JoAnn, laryngitis isn't usually contagious. On the other hand, if it is a symptom of something else, then that something else might be contagious. No kissing your family hello, etc.

JoAnn, laryngitis isn't usually contagious. On the other hand, if it is a symptom of something else, then that something else might be contagious. No kissing your family hello, etc.

+1 Start a new tradition. Shake hands while doing a nice curtsy. :angel:

+1 Start a new tradition. Shake hands while doing a nice curtsy. :angel:
When I was a kid, family visits was all shaking hands. I thought it was cool. Kid cousins shaking hands with each other and with the grownups. Outside of Scandinavian families, I never saw anyone shake hands with a kid.

When I was a kid, family visits was all shaking hands. I thought it was cool. Kid cousins shaking hands with each other and with the grownups. Outside of Scandinavian families, I never saw anyone shake hands with a kid.

I never got into hugging until I was an adult. It was my girlfriend in California. Whenever she sees me, her and her husband just grab me and give me the biggest hugs. Today I will give everyone a hug. My middle son married a girl from Naples, Italy. That is how we got into the double kiss. That was the longest dangest reception line of double kisses at their wedding I ever saw. I thought I was going to get chapped cheeks. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom