What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one whole month ahead of time, shoot, that's not procrastination in my book, pf.:) congratulations on your license renewal!:) i know how hard it is to fit in those continuing education hours. what? and do my work in the real world TOO? you gotta be kidding....:)

Yeah, an hour a month is just so inconvenient.:LOL: So much more fun to do all 24 hours in two weekends.

Yeah, an hour a month is just so inconvenient.:LOL: So much more fun to do all 24 hours in two weekends.

If you intend to move into the ranks of world class procrastinators, you'll have to start much later. Leaving a whole month before the deadline disqualifies you. After all, there are 24 hours in a day.

My granddaughter has her EMT license although she has never used it. It is good for two years. So during the second year of her license, when she gets stuff in the mail, she sorts through it and picks which classes she will take. By the time comes for her deadline, all she has to do is attend the last final exam for two hours. Not a bad system. :angel:

As I mentioned some time last month, I have been bitten by the knitting bug. Well, the baby blanket is done, as are two adult hats and now I'm foaming a the mouth to keep my fingers flying.

I have lots of scraps of this and that so I just finished grazing the 'net to see what I could come up with to utilize those bits of yarn. Well, "Eureka!" I'm going to start on a bunch of preemie hats. Those should go pretty quickly and put my small quantities of yarn to good use.

Most of the leftover yarn I will use qualifies nicely for this purpose as it is very soft and is pretty much what most of the sites recommend. Yeah. Here I go again....

As I mentioned some time last month, I have been bitten by the knitting bug. Well, the baby blanket is done, as are two adult hats and now I'm foaming a the mouth to keep my fingers flying.

I have lots of scraps of this and that so I just finished grazing the 'net to see what I could come up with to utilize those bits of yarn. Well, "Eureka!" I'm going to start on a bunch of preemie hats. Those should go pretty quickly and put my small quantities of yarn to good use.

Most of the leftover yarn I will use qualifies nicely for this purpose as it is very soft and is pretty much what most of the sites recommend. Yeah. Here I go again....

Looking for ideas? Well here you go. Click on Directory at the top. thousands of free patterns. Knitting Pattern Central - Directory of Free, Online Knitting Patterns by Category

I also have one for crocheting.

Katie,

Those small bits also work well to make chemo caps for ladies and men who have lost their hair. I'm sure you would have an outlet for them at an oncologists office or cancer center. I would even be willing to help sponsor the caps monetarily if you want to knit them.

Good morning and Happy Monday!

I have a few bits and pieces to get from the shops this morning and I am going to drop by mums too for a coffee :)

Right now I am waiting for the ingredients for the cookies to warm up to room temperature. I have been up since 5:30 this morning and am ready for a nap. By the time I wake up, everything should be ready to go. :angel:

Wow I need to have a seat for a few minutes! I started making spaghetti for dinner out of the sauce I made yesterday, and just got on a roll! So far:

The spaghetti
Layered cabbage and red potatoes with pesto
Sweet potato, apple and onion casserole, after which I had some leftover béchamel so ...
Macaroni and cheese with American, havarti, Parmesan and fontina.

Now dinners should be covered for most of the week and all I'll have to do is add some fresh green vegetables each night.

The only other thing for the evening is half an apple pie, which I will make in the large au gratin dish and overlap/braid the top. It's just enough for dessert and maybe a teeny left for breakfast.

Right now I am waiting for the ingredients for the cookies to warm up to room temperature. I have been up since 5:30 this morning and am ready for a nap. By the time I wake up, everything should be ready to go. :angel:

The cookies sound nice Ads :)

Katie,

Those small bits also work well to make chemo caps for ladies and men who have lost their hair. I'm sure you would have an outlet for them at an oncologists office or cancer center. I would even be willing to help sponsor the caps monetarily if you want to knit them.

I might be interested, PF. Send me a PM with more information. I'm always up for a worthwhile project.

Several years go I knitted scarves for bargemen who work on our rivers. I really enjoyed doing it and it was quite rewarding.

I have just cleaned the shower throughly, bought all the washing in, mopped the kitchen floor, but am yet to do the ironing...that can wait :LOL:

Went out and yanked overgrown vines and such, what a nice day for December! But it's getting dark, so will have to do our walk soon.

Katie,

What are the specs on a chemo hat? That sounds like something that I could crochet up in no time. I have loads of yarn.

Have been out shopping nice and early and bought everything home and it is all put away

Now time to head over to mums :)

I am having a harder time with the sugar because it means at the moment no fruit, honey, anything sweet. No corn, carrots, etc. It is a combination between a yeast allergy and pre-diabetes (not sure what that is yet, will have to google it!).

I'm confused - I thought that fruits and vegetables were good things to have, even with pre-diabetes. I understand the need to avoid starches, but why are fruits and carrots off your menu?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom