What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello and good morning guys :)

Today I am going to be doing a bit more housework, I am doing my Spring cleaning in Summer :LOL:

Hope you are all having lovely days/nights :)

Teen boy footwear is very personal based on what's cool in his group. I'd go with a Foot Locker (or other) gift card for whatever amount you want to spend. We adults are not qualified to choose teen footwear.

I too was going to suggest the gift card. I have two teen boys I buy for and I stopped buying anything clothing related when they turned 10! :wacko:

Just arrived home from my first session of torture, I mean physical therapy. Whew!

The therapist really put me through my paces in the hour-long time period. When it was all said and done, I worked up a bit of a sweat, am experiencing quite a lot of pain and am tired.

So I'm sitting with my leg elevated and an ice pack on my knee. I had a really rough night last night, so I think a nap might be in order this afternoon. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Katie, it sounds exhausting :(

Things will get better...my mum was the same for the first few physio sessions when she had her knee replacement too

Just arrived home from my first session of torture, I mean physical therapy. Whew!

The therapist really put me through my paces in the hour-long time period. When it was all said and done, I worked up a bit of a sweat, am experiencing quite a lot of pain and am tired.

So I'm sitting with my leg elevated and an ice pack on my knee. I had a really rough night last night, so I think a nap might be in order this afternoon. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I'd love to join you for that nap. This leg pain is sapping all my strength. I am trying to hold out until the 18th. There is no discoloring or swelling. Monday is my pre-op workup. I don't want anything to happen before then. And I am spreading myself too thin. I promised my daughter that i would make the cookies for her party. I have two of them made up all ready and in the freezer. I was going to do four different kind. But I think I will have to stop at three. I just have the Chocolate Sea Salt ones left to make. They whip up in no time. When it comes down to baking them, I am going downstairs to the Community Room kitchen. They have two stoves there and I can get them baked and done with a lot faster. Fortunately I have enough cookie sheets to do four trays at a time. I really need to do them at this time. For the first two days, I won't be able to see. I will have a patch over my one good eye. Even though the vision has improved on the eye that has been done, I still can't focus with it. And I never will. I will be able to see well enough to keep from bumping into things.

Okay God. Knock it off. You have had your fun with me. If I have to come up there and yell at you, you are going to be in big trouble. I will send you to your room ALONE! You can stop this pain anytiime now. :angel:

Is that the only medication you can take for your leg? It sounds like it may not be the right one :ermm:

Medicate prior to PT, by about 20-30 minutes. It will really help get through the session. We wouldn't want you to avoid going because of pain. They should also have ice packs there and let you sit with one for about 20 mins after, especially if you are driving/riding any distance to get home.

I have just had to go up to the shops as one of our globes in the kitchen has died!

We want 100w in there but because of the light shade we have, you need narrowish globes...the ones I have bought are not, so I can see them going back :rolleyes:

The ones that fit are only 60w, not bright enough grrrrrrr, this should have gone under vents :LOL:

Also bought some bread and was searching for some Rum Balls for Christmas Day but didnt find any, will have another look in some different shops ;)

thanks for your help, guys. you are right, and i shouldn't be agonizing over apparel choices for a teenage boy anymore. it's just that i'm reluctant to give up the personal aspect of gift giving to my grandkids. i guess that on some level i've been aware of the fact that my two oldest grands are truly gleeful only at the sight of gift cards from their fave stores. it's not an easy truth for me to swallow, however. these days, thoughtful handmade or handpicked gifts don't stand a chance against the gift of plastic. but, easy peasy, right?

Last edited:
thanks for your help, guys. you are right, and i shouldn't be agonizing over apparel choices for a teenage boy anymore. it's just that i'm reluctant to give up the personal aspect of gift giving to my grandkids. i guess that on some level i've been aware of the fact that my two oldest grands are truly gleeful only at the sight of gift cards from their fave stores. it's not an easy truth for me to swallow, however. these days, thoughtful handmade or handpicked gifts don't stand a chance against the gift of plastic. but, easy peasy, right?

I go into the loudest store in the mall with the most obnoxious, to me, music and buy gift cards for the kids. They are always delighted.:LOL:

Had to go back to the shops as my tin of Quality Street had arrived in store and were ready to collect :yum:

Also found some lovely rum balls for Christmas ;)

Medicate prior to PT, by about 20-30 minutes. It will really help get through the session. We wouldn't want you to avoid going because of pain. They should also have ice packs there and let you sit with one for about 20 mins after, especially if you are driving/riding any distance to get home.

Thanks, PF. I do take a pain med before therapy and, NO, I won't avoid the therapy because of pain. There's too much at stake. They do ice me after the session. They did the same after the therapy on my hand in the summer. I can't drive yet. Leg doesn't work well enough to take that risk. I have a wonderfully handsome and sexy chauffeur. His name is "husband."

Thanks, PF. I do take a pain med before therapy and, NO, I won't avoid the therapy because of pain. There's too much at stake. They do ice me after the session. They did the same after the therapy on my hand in the summer. I can't drive yet. Leg doesn't work well enough to take that risk. I have a wonderfully handsome and sexy chauffeur. His name is "husband."

Perfect, just wanted to make sure all options were covered.:) I've taken care of a couple of new knees over the years.

Back
Top Bottom